Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco.ca

150$ off Garmin Fenix 3 HR Smartwatch Sapphire Edition

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2017 3:36 pm
Jul 5, 2013
36 posts
74 upvotes

150$ off Garmin Fenix 3 HR Smartwatch Sapphire Edition

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
20% off
Expiry:
July 31, 2017
Retailer:
Costco.ca
Costco.ca have the Garmin Fenix 3 HR Smartwatch with sapphire glass at 600$ shipping included. Regular price is 750$.

Costco also have the regular mineral glass edition at 500$ in store.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 17th, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link
27 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
Amazing watch (I have had the 3 Sapphire for over 2 years now) and this is a good deal. I expect that the price of this will continue to fall now that the Fenix 5 has been released and is beginning to sell.
Upvoting respectful and helpful RFDers since 2007
Jul 7, 2005
247 posts
22 upvotes
I thought the 150 off was in store dropping price to 350, I had talked myself into it. Disappointingly went in today and watch was still 499. 150 off the 750 price online gets me to 600. No dice. I'll be waiting for clearance time.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2001
1261 posts
602 upvotes
sweet wrote: I thought the 150 off was in store dropping price to 350, I had talked myself into it. Disappointingly went in today and watch was still 499. 150 off the 750 price online gets me to 600. No dice. I'll be waiting for clearance time.
Did the same with the same result. Also waiting.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
...Grab now, price guarantee later? Suggestion?
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2012
1685 posts
744 upvotes
TBD
Weren't these part of the 40% off Garmin Fenix watches that were on sale during Prime? I had one in my cart for around 4 something but still couldn't pull the trigger at that price. Perhaps its a sign that a price cut is coming.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2905 posts
2130 upvotes
Parksville, BC
I'm thinking about this watch for my son who is a geologist and graduating next year. Plus is that it has GPS but how long does the battery last? Seems that owners can't praise it high enough and Garmin seems to take support seriously. Sub-$400 by Christmas?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
Just tinkering around and found this: https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Fenix-Sap ... rmin+fenix. This is equivalent to $506 CAD. These are excellent deals on a watch that is still pretty much at the top of the heap. Note that you will need to buy a HR strap if you want to wring all running data capabilities out of this unit.
flopticalcube wrote: I'm thinking about this watch for my son who is a geologist and graduating next year. Plus is that it has GPS but how long does the battery last? Seems that owners can't praise it high enough and Garmin seems to take support seriously. Sub-$400 by Christmas?
I still get a week or so on my 2 year old Fenix 3 sapphire if I don't use the GPS much. Charge it every 3rd day when I am at peak marathon training and using the watch's GPS and wifi features more heavily. I doubt you will see the sapphire sub 400 by Xmas but it could happen.
kevdanga wrote: Weren't these part of the 40% off Garmin Fenix watches that were on sale during Prime? I had one in my cart for around 4 something but still couldn't pull the trigger at that price. Perhaps its a sign that a price cut is coming.
Not this one.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2905 posts
2130 upvotes
Parksville, BC
CaptSmethwick wrote:
I still get a week or so on my 2 year old Fenix 3 sapphire if I don't use the GPS much. Charge it every 3rd day when I am at peak marathon training and using the watch's GPS and wifi features more heavily. I doubt you will see the sapphire sub 400 by Xmas but it could happen.
Thanks. I still have 8 months or so before I have to get one so I'll explore all the options. Its not so much for sport as for work for him as he is out in the bush for a week or two at a time. Needs to know where is and where he is going at all times.
Feb 21, 2007
907 posts
787 upvotes
sweet wrote: I thought the 150 off was in store dropping price to 350, I had talked myself into it. Disappointingly went in today and watch was still 499. 150 off the 750 price online gets me to 600. No dice. I'll be waiting for clearance time.
They are different models. Online one is sapphire while in-store one is not.
Jan 10, 2008
243 posts
263 upvotes
quebec
Bought the Fenix 3Hr shappire edition from amazon on prime day @ 450$. Cannot be happier. I gave the vivoactive to the girlfriend and sold the Garmin 620. IMO the shappire lens material worth the price.
Jun 21, 2004
289 posts
41 upvotes
snoroqc wrote: Bought the Fenix 3Hr shappire edition from amazon on prime day @ 450$. Cannot be happier. I gave the vivoactive to the girlfriend and sold the Garmin 620. IMO the shappire lens material worth the price.
I bought the package with HR strap for slightly more on prime and its an amazing watch.

Different models to note:

Garmin Fenix 3 (no wrist hr and no sapphire)
Garmin Fenix 3 Sapphire (no wrist hr)
Garmin Fenix 3HR (wrist hr but no sapphire)
Garmin Feni 3 HR Sapphire (both)
the HR series is a newer release

costco instore is selling the third option
amazon prime had the fourth option

Hope this clears up the different models and pricing
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
r3d1ine wrote: I bought the package with HR strap for slightly more on prime and its an amazing watch.

Different models to note:

Garmin Fenix 3 (no wrist hr and no sapphire)
Garmin Fenix 3 Sapphire (no wrist hr)
Garmin Fenix 3HR (wrist hr but no sapphire)
Garmin Feni 3 HR Sapphire (both)
the HR series is a newer release

costco instore is selling the third option
amazon prime had the fourth option

Hope this clears up the different models and pricing
People/reviews that prefer to have more accurate data seem to prefer the HR chest-strap instead of the wrist-based HR sensor, is this right?

I'm considering the Fenix 3 Sapphire if there's no other functionality difference other than the HR sensor.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
chatbox wrote: People/reviews that prefer to have more accurate data seem to prefer the HR chest-strap instead of the wrist-based HR sensor, is this right?

I'm considering the Fenix 3 Sapphire if there's no other functionality difference other than the HR sensor.
The advantages of the Garmin HRM-RUN chest strap is that (a) the hr is more accurate and (b) it gives you more data points such as vertical bounce (oscillation) and ground contact time. Plus it never stops counting strides even when you use your hands to find a gel or get a drink while on the fly. I have the original Fenix 3 sapphire (no wrist hr) and use the chest strap when I'm training and doing speed or distance work. If you're not training for something or working on your running form, you don't need the strap.
Jun 24, 2007
151 posts
259 upvotes
Ontario
What kind of battery life are you guys getting with the Fenix 3 and Bluetooth notifications enabled?

I just recently bought a used Fenix 2 and love it (over a week so far with a couple runs and at 56% battery), however as soon as you turn on Bluetooth it's lasting 20~ hours...I know the Fenix 3 is much better in this regard, but not sure what people are actually seeing for battery life.
Jul 11, 2010
52 posts
3 upvotes
I'm surprised noone has mentioned eglobal central. The Fenix 5 Sapphire is for 550usd equal to 700 cad. I have had mine for about a month now. These come from Hong Kong and you received them in 2-3 days in your mail. These are the Asia versions, but no difference with NA. Plus there is NO duty. Retail is 950+ tax, $1073. That's 35% off!!!
https://www.eglobalcentral.com/garmin-f ... duct/20304

I found the Fenix 3 too big. Fenix 5 is excellent.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
lacsote3 wrote: I'm surprised noone has mentioned eglobal central. The Fenix 5 Sapphire is for 550usd equal to 700 cad. I have had mine for about a month now. These come from Hong Kong and you received them in 2-3 days in your mail. These are the Asia versions, but no difference with NA. Plus there is NO duty. Retail is 950+ tax, $1073. That's 35% off!!!
https://www.eglobalcentral.com/garmin-f ... duct/20304

I found the Fenix 3 too big. Fenix 5 is excellent.
How's warranty handled?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
lacsote3 wrote: I'm surprised noone has mentioned eglobal central.
what is this eglobal place? How reputable? Never heard it mentioned before today.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Jan 10, 2008
243 posts
263 upvotes
quebec
CaptSmethwick wrote: The advantages of the Garmin HRM-RUN chest strap is that (a) the hr is more accurate and (b) it gives you more data points such as vertical bounce (oscillation) and ground contact time. Plus it never stops counting strides even when you use your hands to find a gel or get a drink while on the fly. I have the original Fenix 3 sapphire (no wrist hr) and use the chest strap when I'm training and doing speed or distance work. If you're not training for something or working on your running form, you don't need the strap.
CaptSmethwick is right but I hate wearing this HRM chest strap. Also, the wrist HR took more battery power. The precision of wrist HR is acceptable for the advantage to not wearing a chest strap (for me). The chest strap hurt me during marathon and long distance run.
Jul 11, 2010
52 posts
3 upvotes
chatbox wrote: How's warranty handled?
Yup, that is the only issue per the reviews. 1 year eglobal warranty.