Price:
$99.99
Savings:
$35
Expiry:
October 27, 2019
Retailer:
Costco.ca
First thing first, I post this deal because I do believe that this kind of device is usefull. Is it placebo effect? I doubt. TENS units makes me feel better, controling my pain. If you don't believe in the positive effects of this kind of devices, please do not hread crap, or turn it into flame thread. Everyone have the right to his own opinion, but in respect please.

That beign said, here is $35 off TruMedic TM-1000PRO TENS unit making it $99.99 shipping included jn the price, as always with Costco.ca. Deal ends Oct.27. This is not available in warehouse, or if it is it' huge YMMV. Price of this device is over $140 elsewhere, and have pretty good reviews.
One good thing about this unit is the price of the electrode pads that are cheaper than other brands. You can find replacement pads here, a 48 replacement pads pack for $39.99 https://www.costco.ca/truMedic-Electrot ... 03283.html
24 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5723 posts
4063 upvotes
RaidZero wrote: Got this for $40, very happy with it.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00J5QHNO6
Half price is good. I prefer Costco, for their warranty and return policy. I bought another model at Costco, and had to return it because it was not powerful enough for my tastes. The Omron TENS unit. https://www.costco.ca/Omron-Electrother ... 09132.html The return have been done no questions asked. No problems, just bring it back to any warehouse unlike Amazon. I currently have Dr. Ho's. Not a bad unit, but made of flimsy plastic, and the timer does not work on it. It never turns off by itself, will return back as well. But, again, half price is good. Thanks for your comment.
Nov 23, 2005
77 posts
24 upvotes
on ebay/aliexpress these go for $10-30 - exactly the same tech, just different boxes. Just have to wait for 1-2 months to get it. And ebay is pretty good at refunds if it's broken, but the tech is so simple it usually works. most problems are bad contacts.

TENS is a 50 year old tech developed in Russia that works really well for the first dozen or so times you use it, after that the body starts ignoring it more and more and eventually it doesn't do anything. The tech is based on stimulating body to come heal itself in the area where you apply the frequencies.

The Russians have been working at it since then and now have a much more advanced tech, based on TENS, that works amazingly well for many many problems in the body. I know that since I own the tech and it healed so many physical problems in my family. Look up SCENAR / COSMODIC for details. It's expensive, but it's worth every penny, especially if you deal with some kind of chronic pain.

Of course, if you can't afford the modern incarnation of its grandpa TENS - go with TENS - it will certainly help a bit.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2464 posts
743 upvotes
Gta
Thanks, i wanted to get a TENS machine and this looks good for someone who is just “starting”. Always a win when I buy from Costco in case I need to return,
Thanks!
Koodo member
Nov 19, 2016
503 posts
282 upvotes
Good product but has non removable battery which reviews say may fade in time..

Thanks OP.. I was about to jump on this for my family. Appreciate flagging it for us
Nov 17, 2015
177 posts
360 upvotes
Banff, AB
Don’t buy this garbage. I returned it the next week as it really sucks. The programs are awful and the customization/pads are terrible.

IF you really want a good tens/nms machine get your insurance to pay for something actual physiotherapists use like a phase 5 combo, which has tens & nms built in. NMS actually provides therapy for your muscle rehab while the dr. Ho tens is nothing more than nerve tweaking to treat pain like arthritis. You can use the NMS to actually train your muscles and reduce amytrophia and train your myofibrille to stretch/release lactate acid & strengthen your muscles.

https://www.medelco.ca/product/00/TEN-1 ... -EMS-Combo
I use mine for rock climbing and athleticism extensively and it’s being used everyday for the past year.
May 23, 2008
870 posts
471 upvotes
Gtown ON
I used it probably 20 times with the original batteries, for about 10 minutes each, on strength level 4. I like that is has AAA batteries instead of incorporating a non-removable Li-ion battery. I have tons of spare Eneloops.
Nov 19, 2016
503 posts
282 upvotes
cheelos wrote: Don’t buy this garbage. I returned it the next week as it really sucks. The programs are awful and the customization/pads are terrible.

IF you really want a good tens/nms machine get your insurance to pay for something actual physiotherapists use like a phase 5 combo, which has tens & nms built in. NMS actually provides therapy for your muscle rehab while the dr. Ho tens is nothing more than nerve tweaking to treat pain like arthritis. You can use the NMS to actually train your muscles and reduce amytrophia and train your myofibrille to stretch/release lactate acid & strengthen your muscles.

I use mine for rock climbing and athleticism extensively and it’s being used everyday for the past year.
You rock .. good post. Going to check my insurance ..
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4354 posts
745 upvotes
Edmonton
I am not sure about the getting use to with regards to the Russia. I know Russian have a muscle growth intensity program.

I purchased this through insurance and must say it actually is powerful https://stimrx.com/... there is several uses for this device and chronic pain is said to be released by them. Helped me get through an arm surgery but after a while did not feel the need for it m
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Feb 16, 2007
252 posts
201 upvotes
Get your physician to write a prescription for a TENS machine.

Then get your Insurance to pay for it.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1851 upvotes
Ajax
BLeagues wrote: Get your physician to write a prescription for a TENS machine.

Agreed as someone mentioned above. Most extended health care plans cover these. The phase 5 with both tens and nms are superior units with batteries that can be replaced easily.
Dec 13, 2017
124 posts
95 upvotes
Thanks, OP, in for one. After reading many reviews, I decided that this would be fine for my purposes and the price is right!
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3403 posts
3646 upvotes
BLeagues wrote: Get your physician to write a prescription for a TENS machine.

Thank you for the note. Called my health insurance, and they cover 50% off. But have to be a note from the physician to be a chronic pain, which it is. Gonna get the Phase 5 one mentioned above if i can.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5723 posts
4063 upvotes
grammasdeals wrote: Thanks, OP, in for one. After reading many reviews, I decided that this would be fine for my purposes and the price is right!
Ordered on Tuesday, receive yesterday, took 2 Days for it to ne shipped and received.

I currently own a Dr. Ho's device, bought last August. I like it, but it is made of flimsy plastic, it is analogic and I now have issues with the timer. It does not stop by itself and I will return it.

I tried the Omron, also sold at Costco, and it was not powerfull enough to my tastes and the electrodes connects with snaps and disconnected in use when moving a bit, I returned it.

Now, this unit is well built, numeric display and backlit. Only downside is the non-replacable Li-Ion battery wich makes this device unusable when the battery does not keep it charge, but it is not worse than a portable phone... It is the best TENS unit from the three listed above.
Jan 2, 2013
332 posts
591 upvotes
Montreal
boombaran wrote: on ebay/aliexpress these go for $10-30 - exactly the same tech, just different boxes. Just have to wait for 1-2 months to get it. And ebay is pretty good at refunds if it's broken, but the tech is so simple it usually works. most problems are bad contacts.

TENS is a 50 year old tech developed in Russia that works really well for the first dozen or so times you use it, after that the body starts ignoring it more and more and eventually it doesn't do anything. The tech is based on stimulating body to come heal itself in the area where you apply the frequencies.

The Russians have been working at it since then and now have a much more advanced tech, based on TENS, that works amazingly well for many many problems in the body. I know that since I own the tech and it healed so many physical problems in my family. Look up SCENAR / COSMODIC for details. It's expensive, but it's worth every penny, especially if you deal with some kind of chronic pain.

Of course, if you can't afford the modern incarnation of its grandpa TENS - go with TENS - it will certainly help a bit.
So much research and writing but you got it all wrong in the beginning when you said it "heals". TENS has huge benefits in modulating pain, but if has absoluty no physiologic healing effect.

Also, TENS is known for working under a very specific range of signal frequency and width. If you use a current out of this specific range, it then is NOT a TENS current. That's why I would never buy these Aliexpress devices. Who knows what kind of current you get? These chinese brands could be no different than a couple of batteries in series that pass electricity through your body.

Source : am a PT.
Nov 23, 2005
77 posts
24 upvotes
BaDumTss wrote: So much research and writing but you got it all wrong in the beginning when you said it "heals".
If you read my post carefully you will see that I have never said that TENS heals. I said *the body heals itself*. I agree about TENS itself not doing the healing work.

I own a SCENAR/COSMODIC device from LET Medical (the high end $7K device) and boy it works. e.g. fixed my life-long bad migraine headaches in 3 sessions. It was worth every penny. I bought a 2nd device for my dad! YMMV.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the company and receive no benefit from sharing this.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5723 posts
4063 upvotes
boombaran wrote: If you read my post carefully you will see that I have never said that TENS heals. I said *the body heals itself*. I agree about TENS itself not doing the healing work.

I own a SCENAR/COSMODIC device from LET Medical (the high end $7K device) and boy it works. e.g. fixed my life-long bad migraine headaches in 3 sessions. It was worth every penny. I bought a 2nd device for my dad! YMMV.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the company and receive no benefit from sharing this.
Yuo, everyone can afford a $7K device here….
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3403 posts
3646 upvotes
cheelos wrote: Don’t buy this garbage. I returned it the next week as it really sucks. The programs are awful and the customization/pads are terrible.

Any idea about this one ?

https://www.amazon.ca/7070-iReliev-Reli ... B00USXKC52
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.