3774 posts
1906 upvotes
Vancouver

Anker Scoundcore Spirit X2 earphones $99.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Costco.ca
Interestingly, Costco.ca is carrying Anker headphones now. Guess you'll get double the comfort for service!

I thought these Spirit X2 looked good for $99.99:

https://www.costco.ca/anker-soundcore-s ... 71352.html

Amazon.ca currently carries them for $129.99. Camel3 suggests they've dipped to $88 over the last few months, but if you want them now, Costco looks to be a good bet.

The Liberty 2 Pro also looks good at $169.99 (Amazon @ 199.99).
Last edited by Bishop8 on Jul 22nd, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5206 posts
3673 upvotes
Vancouver
Seems like they have a couple Anker products on their website now (i found 8, all speakers/headphones/buds)... Too bad no battery banks.

All Costco regular price seems ~20% lower than amazon regular price. Wonder if Costco will put them on sale in the future too. Never hurts to have more price competition on the same products.
Nov 22, 2005
71 posts
53 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
Love Anker products, bought cables, chargers, power bank, wireless earbuds and all have been awesome. About the only non mainstream brand name gears I will purchase without hesitation.
Feb 26, 2020
72 posts
174 upvotes
TDot
hhshin wrote: Love Anker products, bought cables, chargers, power bank, wireless earbuds and all have been awesome. About the only non mainstream brand name gears I will purchase without hesitation.
Same here. Their customer support is incredible. Their quality is generally below well known brands, that's why you can buy their products for cheap. However, what they lack in quality they make up for in customer support. If it breaks they'll send you a new one, no questions asked. +1 Anker.

I'm considering the Anker Q20 headphones but debating between those and Taotronics and Edifier...
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2652 posts
1455 upvotes
YVR
Interesting move. Wonder how Amazon will respond. I hear they're quite harsh on sellers that list their products for cheaper on other platforms.
Zoomer Boomer
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3774 posts
1906 upvotes
Vancouver
TeriyakiJack wrote: Interesting move. Wonder how Amazon will respond. I hear they're quite harsh on sellers that list their products for cheaper on other platforms.
Costco's not exactly known to be warm and fuzzy with its suppliers either.

I guess Anker is just the puny human watching on as Godzilla and King Kong duke it out, haha.
Dec 26, 2018
199 posts
276 upvotes
hhshin wrote: Love Anker products, bought cables, chargers, power bank, wireless earbuds and all have been awesome. About the only non mainstream brand name gears I will purchase without hesitation.
Anker and Aukey are my two, personally. No experience with support for either but both products are more than competitive, especially considering the prices.
Dec 22, 2008
772 posts
237 upvotes
London
I've never had an issue with quality for products from Anker, bought a bunch of products from them from battery banks, cables, usb chargers, earphones, and bluetooth speaker. Customer service has always been great. My go-to for mobile accessories
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1088 posts
1930 upvotes
Ontario
Wonder if Anker will do the same for Costco that they do for Amazon? Flood the reviews section with five star reviews they buy/bribe out of people? Great products, and I do own several, but lately I've been avoiding them just out of ethics. Too many times have they emailed me offering money bribes for me to talk about them on RFD, give them five star reviews on Amazon, etc. This has, in fact, worked out opposite to what they want because I only speak the truth on RFD - thus sharing their tactics.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1406 posts
1059 upvotes
Whitby
In here for the mandatory, no price in Title :) But personally I think RFD should put it in the title by itself, just like store. Also a mention of earphones in the title would have been good, at least if it had the soundcore part I could have connected the dots with Anker
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1841 posts
1176 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
What's usually the return policy for earbuds? Return within 30 or 90 days?
I guess they also don't get an extra year of warranty through Costco?
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11350 posts
8813 upvotes
Toronto
TeriyakiJack wrote: Interesting move. Wonder how Amazon will respond. I hear they're quite harsh on sellers that list their products for cheaper on other platforms.
Anker's been selling at retailers like Walmart and BB in the US for a while, doubt they have an exclusive deal with Amazon.
mindabsence wrote: Wonder if Anker will do the same for Costco that they do for Amazon? Flood the reviews section with five star reviews they buy/bribe out of people? Great products, and I do own several, but lately I've been avoiding them just out of ethics. Too many times have they emailed me offering money bribes for me to talk about them on RFD, give them five star reviews on Amazon, etc. This has, in fact, worked out opposite to what they want because I only speak the truth on RFD - thus sharing their tactics.
Yeah noticed more Anker shills on RFD lately, especially for their wireless buds. Back in 2014 when I bought my first power bank they were the only game in town, but have succumbed to Aukey sleazy tactics.
Last edited by Angultra on Jul 22nd, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1088 posts
1930 upvotes
Ontario
Angultra wrote: Yeah noticed more Anker shills on RFD lately, especially for their wireless buds.
Anker, Aukey and Soundpeats.

All three are VERY bad at paying people on RFD to talk about them. Being as my email is quite similar in nature to my RFD name, I've ended up on the shills-r-us mailing list of these guys trying to pay off RFD posters to slip their brands into casual conversation (an RFD mod told me they just try RFD usernames @ common email domains to see who they can get). TBH, I assume any mention of the three to be paid off. I go along with them for a little fun, usually just long enough to get the brand name out of them (since they're dodgy as hell in the email) and it's always one of those three lately.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3774 posts
1906 upvotes
Vancouver
abshahul wrote: In here for the mandatory, no price in Title :) But personally I think RFD should put it in the title by itself, just like store. Also a mention of earphones in the title would have been good, at least if it had the soundcore part I could have connected the dots with Anker
Fair points and, ironically, I've posted about that on another thread as well. Humbled, edited, and thanked. In my defense, though, I did input the pricing when creating the thread, and I assumed RFD just tacked it on to the title.

Wow, I never knew how aggressive/smarmy these companies were in terms of their guerrilla marketing. I've had good experiences with Anker, bad with Aukey (charger fried my phone), and none with Soundpeats.
Jan 19, 2013
332 posts
313 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: Anker, Aukey and Soundpeats.

All three are VERY bad at paying people on RFD to talk about them. Being as my email is quite similar in nature to my RFD name, I've ended up on the shills-r-us mailing list of these guys trying to pay off RFD posters to slip their brands into casual conversation (an RFD mod told me they just try RFD usernames @ common email domains to see who they can get). TBH, I assume any mention of the three to be paid off. I go along with them for a little fun, usually just long enough to get the brand name out of them (since they're dodgy as hell in the email) and it's always one of those three lately.
tbh .. this crossed my mind too sometimes .. RFD is an amazing forum and I get to know a lot from here .. but sometimes I find people going crazy over stuff thats really not worth it that much ( e.g just a few days back there was a headphone thread everybody was going gaga about .. IMHO on reality its just an average { below average for me } headphone that is not worth mentioning that much about ) .. I wonder if some of these posts are really paid ones to build up the hype ..
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1088 posts
1930 upvotes
Ontario
anindyabecs wrote: tbh .. this crossed my mind too sometimes .. RFD is an amazing forum and I get to know a lot from here .. but sometimes I find people going crazy over stuff thats really not worth it that much ( e.g just a few days back there was a headphone thread everybody was going gaga about .. IMHO on reality its just an average { below average for me } headphone that is not worth mentioning that much about ) .. I wonder if some of these posts are really paid ones to build up the hype ..
I would say they 100% are. Headphones and earphones are a really competitive item on Amazon for these Chinese sellers. If you look closely enough, you'll notice a lot of them are the same ten or so sets of earphones and headphones, all priced differently, all sold under different reseller and white label names. These guys buy them dirt cheap, have huge margins, and are literally cut throat competition against each other to get their names out there. For the more successful ones, paying people off to "talk about them" on RFD and paying people off for reviews is pocket change, and is exactly the dirty tactics the likes of Soundpeats, Anker and Aukey used to make themselves king of the hill. Others will come and go, and those three will continue their lack of ethics to remain at the top.

Next to earphones/headphones, dash cams are the next most cut throat item for white label sales on Amazon too - you'll see all the same dirty tactics in that segment too.

Notice how those two product categories have an endless amount of random names that show up in "hot deals" even when they're only mediocre deals? It's no coincidence at all, nor is it everyday people "finding" those and sharing them here.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
6379 posts
4762 upvotes
diav wrote: What's usually the return policy for earbuds? Return within 30 or 90 days?
I guess they also don't get an extra year of warranty through Costco?
Unless things have changed, headphones fall under the standard return policy (aka no policy). No extra warranty.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1721 posts
751 upvotes
mindabsence wrote: I would say they 100% are. Headphones and earphones are a really competitive item on Amazon for these Chinese sellers. If you look closely enough, you'll notice a lot of them are the same ten or so sets of earphones and headphones, all priced differently, all sold under different reseller and white label names. These guys buy them dirt cheap, have huge margins, and are literally cut throat competition against each other to get their names out there. For the more successful ones, paying people off to "talk about them" on RFD and paying people off for reviews is pocket change, and is exactly the dirty tactics the likes of Soundpeats, Anker and Aukey used to make themselves king of the hill. Others will come and go, and those three will continue their lack of ethics to remain at the top.

Next to earphones/headphones, dash cams are the next most cut throat item for white label sales on Amazon too - you'll see all the same dirty tactics in that segment too.

Notice how those two product categories have an endless amount of random names that show up in "hot deals" even when they're only mediocre deals? It's no coincidence at all, nor is it everyday people "finding" those and sharing them here.
Overall I agree. I guess I’d been duped by these reviews and I have bought a couple Anker products, and I’ve been fortunate that the products work well. I had one handsfree car receiver that stopped working and they replaced it for free.

Honestly I’d probably just buy branded products in the future. But if you’re a student or on a tight budget, these aren’t a bad option since you do have good support if the product breaks.

I wish they’d send me free stuff though, would definitely try it out lol.
Dec 26, 2018
199 posts
276 upvotes
funnypanks wrote: Honestly I’d probably just buy branded products in the future. But if you’re a student or on a tight budget, these aren’t a bad option since you do have good support if the product breaks.
Sigh, another one lost to the branded product shills. ;)

(frankly, I don't get the "shill" comments in any direction, I rarely get anything other than "personal opinion" vibes from posts in here especially... wouldn't always say the same for the downvotes, though, I think there's a lot of unnecessary and unwelcome noise in those)

Everyone has a different tolerance for risk and budget for a purchase, if you can comfortably afford to pay 2-4x as much for a product for a bit of peace of mind, go for it, especially if it's an expensive product that you would actually send in for warranty service if it broke. I wouldn't buy an Anker dishwasher (if such a thing existed), but I have no qualms about paying $30 for a power bank if that's cheaper than a name brand equivalent. I buy a lot of President's Choice food products over "name brand" alternatives and buying bad food could actually cause me harm. It's never black and white, one or the other, it should always be a choice if one's mind is even slightly open.