Expired Hot Deals

[Costco.ca] Blendtec Designer Total Blender $320 (regular $400)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2018 1:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4167 posts
2703 upvotes

Blendtec Designer Total Blender $320 (regular $400)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
$80 off
Expiry:
January 28, 2018
Retailer:
Costco.ca
Free shipping as with all items on costco.ca. Includes Wildside+ jar which is better than the Fourside jar in my opinion. 8 year warranty. This is one of the more basic Blendtec models, but as far as I know, the motor is the same on all of them and they all use one of two jars mentioned above. More expensive models just have fancier cosmetics and settings.

I notice most of these Blendtec deals, and the only time I've seen cheaper has been on refurbished or clearance models.
3 replies
Jun 27, 2004
858 posts
37 upvotes
Kitchener
Bought this exact from Costco 3.5 years ago - ~1400 blends and the unit is going strong. Agree that the Wildside+ is better than the Fourside jar. We did have blade/bearings in the Wildside jar start to make noise last year, and Blendtec quickly replaced it after I filled out an online form and spoke briefly with one of their Reps (apparently a damaged jar can lead to a damaged motor, and they'd prefer to replace the jar) - awesome customer service, and it was nice to have a shiny new jar without paying $100.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2005
1210 posts
1001 upvotes
I notice most of these Blendtec deals, and the only time I've seen cheaper has been on refurbished or clearance models.
BestBuy had it for $299 on Black Friday. I bought two. Winking Face

But yeah, this is still a hot price.

I still like my Vitamix more.... the components are built better on the Vitamix jar — thicker polycarbonate walls, a wider turning shaft, better lid — which gives me more confidence for the internal components. But the blend quality on both the Vitamix and Blendtec are pretty much the same.

The nice thing about the Blendtec jar is the blunt, wide blade which makes it a bit easier to clean, and I would wager allows ingredients to mix a little easier.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4167 posts
2703 upvotes
Recoil wrote:
I still like my Vitamix more.... the components are built better on the Vitamix jar — thicker polycarbonate walls, a wider turning shaft, better lid — which gives me more confidence for the internal components. But the blend quality on both the Vitamix and Blendtec are pretty much the same.

The Vitamix definitely looks and feels like it is built better than the Blendtec. I also prefer Vitamix's basic controls over Blendtec's digital styling. However, 99% of my blender use is for making smoothies and I found the Blendtec just seems to handle smoothies better. The Vitamix struggled and went into shutdown protection a few times with a few thick smoothies that I made, even with the use of the tamper. Also, with the extra year warranty, I am happy with my choice to keep the Blendtec and return the Vitamix.