Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
160 off
Expiry:
May 24, 2020
Retailer:
Costco.ca
This is a new genertor at Costco.ca (no reviews yet) but looking at homedepot.com there are 75 reviews (mostly positive with the only complaint that it can be hard to start for some on propane. Most people say to let off on the choke is the key) (price $555 USD). I own the single fuel model (without the display) and have been very happy with it. This price seems like a great deal for a dual fuel generator from a well know name (champion has been around for a long time and have sold a huge amount of generators). Please don't bash this thread because it is not a Honda or a Yamaha as you would pay almost 3 times the amount of money for their generators.
Last edited by DonM28020 on May 22nd, 2020 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
47 replies
Apr 20, 2020
7 posts
2 upvotes
Wow, that seams to be a really good price for a 2k watt inverter gen! most are getting closer to a grand, and those aren't dual fuel!

Now if i only had a costco card!
Sep 16, 2019
297 posts
356 upvotes
Anyone have a ball park as to how much it would cost to make your own system with a car battery, 1200 watt (more or less) inverter, fuse panel, on and off switch, and solar panel charging pad (200watt roughly)?

I want to travel around BC for the summer and I'm thinking I may need more than a 12V inverter that gives me 200 watts lol.

Looking to save some money but have reliable source of energy. Doesnt seem like the Jackery power stations (or other brands) are worth it, such low Watt.

Appreciate your help
Dec 13, 2005
379 posts
33 upvotes
Mono, Ontario
I can add to cart from here (In Toronto).
HOw good of a deal is this?
[OP]
Aug 24, 2018
402 posts
422 upvotes
Langley BC
I am able to add to cart. I am in BC but that should make a difference.
Jan 14, 2007
526 posts
169 upvotes
GTA North
shylok wrote: Can't add to cart?
Logged in

Had no problem adding to cart just now

Also has no problem removing from cart as I don't need this

Center of Universe
[OP]
Aug 24, 2018
402 posts
422 upvotes
Langley BC
krossfyah wrote: I can add to cart from here (In Toronto).
HOw good of a deal is this?
This is a great deal for a dual fuel generator. If you are only going to use it on gas and not propane then this would be an OK deal.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
2813 posts
774 upvotes
Ottawa
IMHIP2 wrote: Logged in

Had no problem adding to cart just now

Also has no problem removing from cart as I don't need this

Center of Universe
What postal code are you set for.. This behaviour I'm seeing clicking and it won't add is like grocery stuff when not available in area or something sometimes.
Jul 31, 2008
365 posts
179 upvotes
Markham
I am in Ontario and could not add to cart either (for anything it seemed). This was on Chrome on a Macbook.

I then went to Chrome on Windows and no problem. Purchased. Thanks OP and upvoted!
[OP]
Aug 24, 2018
402 posts
422 upvotes
Langley BC
Parrajara wrote: Anyone have a ball park as to how much it would cost to make your own system with a car battery, 1200 watt (more or less) inverter, fuse panel, on and off switch, and solar panel charging pad (200watt roughly)?

I want to travel around BC for the summer and I'm thinking I may need more than a 12V inverter that gives me 200 watts lol.

Looking to save some money but have reliable source of energy. Doesnt seem like the Jackery power stations (or other brands) are worth it, such low Watt.

Appreciate your help
It would depend on how often you need to use your 1200 watts (there are lots of calculations to be made for power consumption battery bank size and solar panel size). Your prices will also vary drastically if you decide that you want a 1200watt pure sine wave inverter vs a modified one. Most likely you would be spending a lot more for solar and batteries and inverter but if you want to be green and have no noise then it could be worth it.