Expired Hot Deals

[Costco.ca] Costco.ca (Capital One Master Card) 5% back on all purchases Oct 13-14

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 11:14 pm
[OP]
Mar 24, 2013
49 posts
138 upvotes

Costco.ca (Capital One Master Card) 5% back on all purchases Oct 13-14

Deal Link:
Expiry:
October 15, 2020
Retailer:
Costco.ca
earn 5% back on all Costco.ca purchases up to $3,000 on Oct 13-14

How it works:
Shop on Costco.ca.
When paying for your purchases, use your Capital One Costco Mastercard.
Once your Costco.ca purchases have been successfully processed, your cash back earned will be calculated according to the amount you've spent on all other purchases (outside of gas and restaurants) so far this year:
if your total spent on all other purchases is up to $3,000, you'll earn 0.5% cash back on your Costco.ca purchases from October 13 - 14, 2020;
if your total spent on all other purchases is more than $3,000, you'll earn 1% cash back on your Costco.ca purchases during that same period;
the Costco.ca purchase(s) above will also earn an extra 4% bonus cash back, for a total of up to 5%!
In December, you’ll receive an email from Capital One confirming you made a qualifying purchase (as long as your purchases have posted).
Your bonus cash back will be applied to your account in December 2020.
You will receive your 2020 annual cash back coupon, including this bonus cash back, in January 2021.
FAQ
Q: Do I need to enter in a promo code?
A: No, purchases made using the Capital One Costco Mastercard during the offer period that post by November 14, 2020 will automatically earn the bonus cash back.

Q: When will I receive the bonus cash back?
A: You’ll receive the bonus cash back with your 2020 annual cash back coupon available in January 2021.

Q: Are there any restrictions for this promotion?
A: Only purchases on Costco.ca can qualify for this promotion.
Images
  • Costco 5.jpg
20 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1135 posts
686 upvotes
Vancouver
I assume this will work for Shop Cards like the previous promotion? If so, it's a nice way to get 4.5-5% off Costco purchases.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3743 posts
1432 upvotes
I ordered a tv on Friday but card hasn't been charged yet, if the tv ships today or tmrw will I get the 5 percent?

The TV is out of stock now so I couldn't cancel and re-buy, lame

It says order placed today or tomorrow so I don't think I'd qualify
Feb 26, 2010
359 posts
125 upvotes
Montreal
The OP's description says "earn 5% back on all Costco.ca purchases up to $3,000 ", but the details say "if your total spent on all other purchases is UP TO $3,000, you'll earn 0.5% cash back, if your total spent on all other purchases is MORE THAN $3,000, you'll earn 1% cash back on your Costco.ca purchases during that same period;
the Costco.ca purchase(s) above will also earn an extra 4% bonus cash back, for a total of up to 5%!"

So i think its the opposite, and over $3,000 is better, unless im not so good at reading .
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2009
1186 posts
334 upvotes
Alpha-Zulu wrote: The OP's description says "earn 5% back on all Costco.ca purchases up to $3,000 ", but the details say "if your total spent on all other purchases is UP TO $3,000, you'll earn 0.5% cash back, if your total spent on all other purchases is MORE THAN $3,000, you'll earn 1% cash back on your Costco.ca purchases during that same period;
the Costco.ca purchase(s) above will also earn an extra 4% bonus cash back, for a total of up to 5%!"

So i think its the opposite, and over $3,000 is better, unless im not so good at reading .
Took me a few reads of it, I think it is 4.5% if you spend under $3k
and 5% if you spend over 3k
Feb 26, 2010
359 posts
125 upvotes
Montreal
veryboredguy wrote: Took me a few reads of it, I think it is 4.5% if you spend under $3k
and 5% if you spend over 3k
Thats what I got too, but OP said its 5% UP TO $3,000 so I was just correcting that.
Jan 2, 2010
452 posts
154 upvotes
Don't see any mention of excluding gift card/cash card. Sounds almost too good to be true...
May 16, 2012
118 posts
56 upvotes
Markham
AEmgee wrote: I assume this will work for Shop Cards like the previous promotion? If so, it's a nice way to get 4.5-5% off Costco purchases.
Can anyone confirm that this works on Costco gift cards?
FC
Mar 25, 2010
75 posts
67 upvotes
Québec
sparklo wrote: Don't see any mention of excluding gift card/cash card. Sounds almost too good to be true...
The last promo did include gift cards, I ordered two 800$ and my current cashback reflects the 5% that was advertised a few months ago.
Dec 27, 2007
490 posts
229 upvotes
Squirrel99 wrote: I ordered a tv on Friday but card hasn't been charged yet, if the tv ships today or tmrw will I get the 5 percent?

The TV is out of stock now so I couldn't cancel and re-buy, lame

It says order placed today or tomorrow so I don't think I'd qualify
Correct - you won't qualify.
Jun 17, 2006
530 posts
283 upvotes
Calgary
Did you get an e-mail on this? I don't see the banner on the Costco.ca website.
eBay Feedback: 118 and counting.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2010 posts
2177 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Would this include the Moto G Fast for $159?