Tags:
[OP]
Nov 30, 2014
166 posts
336 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Costco] {Costco.ca]Costco.ca Motorola 2-way radio MJ431 $20 off, reg.$94

Is it a good deal?

I missed this deal in last week, the costco okotoks warehouse had it for $69($20 off, $89 is warehouse reg price, $94 is costco.ca reg price).

after i did a search, found this model is actually pretty decent, should be good for family usage in camping or outdoor...

too bad that the warehouse has it but refused to do the price match for me, even that's with costco.ca, otherwise, i can use it tonight
Images
4 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
20065 posts
7411 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Okay deal, 43km is not bad but not amazing, (i have seen 80km), and keep in mind you will only get 43km over open water. With buildings or vehicles or hills expect 1-2kmish
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
[OP]
Nov 30, 2014
166 posts
336 upvotes
Calgary, AB
right, i think this one has only .5w as regulated by Canadian radio association, but i wont rely on it for REAL outdoor activity, maybe just talking to wife and kids when i'm in garage, or in the camp site, that's it.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
20065 posts
7411 upvotes
Socially Distanced
LEOOOOOO wrote: right, i think this one has only .5w as regulated by Canadian radio association, but i wont rely on it for REAL outdoor activity, maybe just talking to wife and kids when i'm in garage, or in the camp site, that's it.
It should do great for that
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
Jan 16, 2011
28 posts
14 upvotes
I bought those when they were on special and made a very long review but it's not up on the site, oh well. To resume i bought those even after reading the bad reviews and told my self that they cannot be that bad and with Costco's return policy it's pretty much a safe bet. So i made certain to charge them for a day on the very first charge. Used them for 2 weeks-ends while camping. My 2 girls, under 10 were able to set different ringtones and change channels with out having to read the manual. From the use i made with them the sound was clear and the range was more than enough (camp to beach side) i was supprised since there were a lot of RV's in the way and the terrain is in a slope, totally not flat as recommended. I would not want my kids 30KM's away... hey dad it works!... I used the rechargable batteries which lasted the whole week-end. they never really got to drop below 2/3 bars by the time we got back home. Also this is for the people that complained it was "off" for no reason: well if they took the time to read the instructions there is an option that will auto turn it off after 30,60 or 90 minutes ! I turned it off and did not encounter the said "issue". For the size of the item i fell it's perfectly fine, not too big as some might have reported. Now about the belt clip, from the tests i have made they might be a bit tricky to detach but that's the whole point, you do not want to lose it while running or climbing, in the end i had no beef with it. Better be safe than sorry. So for now with my usage and testing i am very happy with those and would recommend them anytime. I was shopping for this and found that for about the same price you get 2 radios and possibly no rechargable batteries.
Let me know if you have more questions,
Cheer!