Expired Hot Deals

[Costco.ca] Costco.ca: Samsung Galaxy S4 10.5in WiFi tablet - $648.97

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 10th, 2019 5:34 pm
21 replies
Jan 18, 2017
259 posts
171 upvotes
was $599 on the weekend...got a price adjustment from Costco as I bought a couple of weeks earlier..price currently is same now as it has been for past few months..maybe a $1 less

Probably clearing out to get tablet S6 in inventory

overall nice tablet..better then s5e..not worth upgrade to S6 in my opinion...lets see if this price even gets cheaper for S4
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3534 posts
1394 upvotes
Toronto
You can buy two iPads for the price of one of these...
Nov 13, 2016
418 posts
502 upvotes
Ontario
Samsung and their horrible naming . Was going to downvote the hell out of this when I saw Galaxy S4 until I saw that this is a tablet. And now I learned a new part of samsung that I did not know
Still a Public Mobile customer.
Looking forward to dotmobile.
Nov 15, 2017
317 posts
622 upvotes
WEST CANADA
Android is no good for tablets. Actually there was one android tablet that was fine, the Nexus 4 which was like a big phone.
Sep 23, 2014
653 posts
922 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Samsung is out of their mind selling a tablet at this price...
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2509 posts
680 upvotes
Ottawa
zebracobra007 wrote: Android is no good for tablets. Actually there was one android tablet that was fine, the Nexus 4 which was like a big phone.
yeah, you really sound like you know what you are talking about...(no, you are not)
IT Services provider in Ottawa area.
Nov 15, 2017
317 posts
622 upvotes
WEST CANADA
golden_m wrote: yeah, you really sound like you know what you are talking about...(no, you are not)
little mistype 4 instead of 7, but you know I'm right.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8396 posts
3063 upvotes
Toronto
Got this tablet when it was released from The Source for about $600 all in. Really good upgrade from the Tab S2 I had. The only annoyance is that the S-Pen is outside of the tablet so the case just holds it there so I'm always afraid of losing it even though it locks/clicks lightly in place.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
6565 posts
1117 upvotes
iPad pro is still the king when it comes to tablets. Android tablets suck because they use the same app as the phones and most of the time it's not great on a tablet.
May 23, 2008
871 posts
471 upvotes
Gtown ON
Google abandoned Android support for tablets years ago. I won't touch an iPhone with a pole, but I have an iPad.
Nov 11, 2007
248 posts
8 upvotes
Cambridge
I have an iPad air, getting a little old. How does the Microsoft Surface compare to the Android and Apple tablets? Have an Android phone which works well. Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3394 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto
ceccam wrote: I have an iPad air, getting a little old. How does the Microsoft Surface compare to the Android and Apple tablets? Have an Android phone which works well. Thanks
The new Surface Pro X looks compelling. It really depends on how it performs all of the basics Windows applications and games.

If it can play some Steam games and run apps smoothly (especially Photoshop), it may just overthrow the throne against the iPad Pro. I'm optimistic.

But if you are referring to the normal Surface Pro line, then those are a different beast from the iPad Pro. I consider iPad Pro to be lightweight and portable, while Surface Pro are light but definitely a bit more beefier and heavier.
Last edited by Sepharite on Oct 9th, 2019 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 8, 2019
44 posts
49 upvotes
Mississauga
DoorCrasher wrote: ha? Haaa! Ha. Ha. Ha. Lol. not
you must be fun at parties. he's obviously making fun of how poorly samsung named this series of tablets.
I have absolutely no will power on heavily discounted electronics that I will use only once.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5730 posts
4065 upvotes
Shular wrote: you must be fun at parties. he's obviously making fun of how poorly samsung named this series of tablets.
ha? Haaa! Ha. Ha. Ha. Lol. not
May 3, 2006
255 posts
51 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta, Ca…
I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, and I love it for the OLED screen - perfect for reading! However, I wonder if the S4 has the same flaw as the S2 - when you scroll around you can clearly see that the pixels don't update at the same time - you see 'tearing'. Ugly.

Since I only use the S2 for reading PDFs and other ebook formats, I love it just for that. I wish Apple had an OLED iPad...