Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco.ca

Costco - Good Fat Bars 2 pack $41.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2019 4:59 pm
Mar 26, 2008
71 posts
84 upvotes
Edmonton

Costco - Good Fat Bars 2 pack $41.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
$8
Expiry:
September 15, 2019
Retailer:
Costco.ca
If you are low carb or keto and need an easy snack it can be difficult to find something that works. Found the Love Good Fats bars on costco.ca for $8/off. I've had one of these before they were quite good. Deal ends today. This comes to less than $2/bar which is the best price I could find.
20 replies
Nov 14, 2017
30 posts
31 upvotes
Coconut chocolate is the best choice at costco. Too bad they don't have the new flavors. Btw I keep them in the freezer and they're even better imo.
Dec 21, 2012
509 posts
827 upvotes
Winnipeg
I just read the title and thought 2 bars for $41.99? Must be awful big bars.
Feb 1, 2017
500 posts
842 upvotes
Perhaps at this price point you should just invest in Dark Chocolate if a chocolate snack is your goal. This is only 9000grams of food for 42$, you could get a heck of a lot of dark chocolate for that price, which is also keto-friendly, not as much so, but also you'll eat it in much smaller quantities due to the form factor of chocolate, and well chocolate is only a few ingredients.
Last edited by ryokoseigo on Sep 15th, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26001 posts
211229 upvotes
GTA
Tried these and I would say their tagline "ridiculously delicious" is a bit of a stretch. Wife hated them, I thought they were "OK" but just a heads up, they have a bit of a chalky taste (probably partly explains why the sugar content is on the low side).
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
My wife and I have tried these bars and both of us weren't fans. Homemade keto snacks are way tastier and cheaper.
Jul 5, 2018
351 posts
1479 upvotes
ryokoseigo wrote: These are really kinda meh for keto, 12grams is half some keto diets allotment of carbs... invest in Dark Chocolate if a chocolate snack is your goal. you could get a heck of a lot of dark chocolate for that price, which is also keto friendly.
Um, dark chocolate is kind of the same. Most the carbs are fibre. Each of these bars are 4-5 net carbs ussually.

In general though I think it's better to avoid artificial sweeteners when someone is doing keto as it will trigger cravings and spike their insulin still. So dark chocolate is better for that reason as these bars do have artificial sugars.
Oct 16, 2006
315 posts
334 upvotes
Waterloo
Keto counts net carbs. Aka fibre doesn't count. So these are more typically 4g carbs each.
ryokoseigo wrote: These are really kinda meh for keto, 12grams is half some keto diets allotment of carbs... And it's only a 40gram bar, so its not really filling. I get that there aren't really any options for bars and low carb, but I think the correct answer is- eat nuts, and don't eat these if you're looking for keto. Low carb, sure if you want to still have a snack, although perhaps at this price point you should just invest in Dark Chocolate if a chocolate snack is your goal. this is only 9000grams of food for 42$, you could get a heck of a lot of dark chocolate for that price, which is also keto friendly.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1873 posts
1664 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
Was on sale all week in store at $14.99/box.
(Deal ended today in store.)
Feb 1, 2017
500 posts
842 upvotes
Sling wrote: Keto counts net carbs. Aka fibre doesn't count. So these are more typically 4g carbs each.
Oh woops my bad, that's not that bad then.
May 23, 2019
23 posts
11 upvotes
Regular price is 19.99 for 12, why would it be more expensive for 24?

These are insanely good for us Keto hounds. A real treat.
Sep 26, 2009
162 posts
259 upvotes
Edmonton
These Keto bars are awesome! I do however, recommend you refrigerate them to enhance the texture. I prefer them chilled so that they aren't so soft.
Mint is yummy
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1068 posts
109 upvotes
pny128 wrote: Too bad not halal
They're Kosher, which means they're halal (even without certification).
Feb 18, 2003
52 posts
21 upvotes
Sun Peaks, BC
toguy wrote: Tried these and I would say their tagline "ridiculously delicious" is a bit of a stretch. Wife hated them, I thought they were "OK" but just a heads up, they have a bit of a chalky taste (probably partly explains why the sugar content is on the low side).
Thought the same but I found they are markedly improved by putting them in the fridge or freezer.
Mar 17, 2006
321 posts
59 upvotes
Big agree with your post.

Keto household here. We eat these all the time. Good for a pick-me-up or desserty feeling! The peanut butter ones have a good satiety factor.

And yea, this price point is wacky. We regularly buy them at $19.99 for a 12 pack.
StephenC56275 wrote: Regular price is 19.99 for 12, why would it be more expensive for 24?

These are insanely good for us Keto hounds. A real treat.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2049 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
are they less price in-store?
Apr 14, 2017
747 posts
717 upvotes
ar2020 wrote: Ummm what's not halal about them?
I don't know, it lists everything else. Maybe it's non-sugar alcohol?
May 10, 2015
327 posts
396 upvotes
Orillia, ON
Cheaper in store but store only has the peanut butter and chocolate ones, at least my store does.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)