Savings:
$10
Expiry:
July 14, 2020
Retailer:
Costco.ca
https://www.costco.ca/all-season-15.2-m ... 43411.html

CrispAir 50 Ft garden hose for $28.99 after $10 OFF

Thise garden hose is one of the best I heard of for the price. Will buy 2. And, with Costco return policy, there is no risk trying it.

Too bad the 100 Ft is at regular price....

Features:
Light weight
Easy connection
Temperature range: - 40°C to + 65°C (- 40° F to +150° F)
Residential and commercial use
Not to be used for drinking water
31 replies
Dec 10, 2012
992 posts
722 upvotes
Richmond Hill
For hoses, rubber, rubber, rubber. Others are just rubbish.

All my rubber hoses are still being used, over 15 years old. Others just crack and split.

Why are tires made from rubber. I rest my case.
Last edited by sirxterminator on Jul 14th, 2020 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4757 posts
3106 upvotes
sirxterminator wrote: For hoses, rubber, rubber, rubber. Others are just rubbish.

All my rubber hoses are still being used, over 15 years old. Others just crack and split.
Not that I try to sell CrispAir, but with the reviews I read here and there I think it is a no brainer, especially with the Costco return policy
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3472 posts
1766 upvotes
Impressive specs, but who's using a garden hose at -40?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4757 posts
3106 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Impressive specs, but who's using a garden hose at -40?
You probably don't know hockey to ask this! or have no kids! ;)
Oct 14, 2017
694 posts
755 upvotes
sammiel wrote: For those who want a longer one (75 feet), I PM'd homedepot a month ago for this one:

http://www.acmeclosets.ca/index.php?mai ... word=crisp ($47.94).

Won't have Costco warranty, but I've had the 100' hose for one year, and it's pretty good so far.
This site has scam written all over it.

Buyers beware! If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't legit!
Dec 21, 2017
107 posts
128 upvotes
i have the 75ft version of this hose. Super flexible and easy to handle. The diameter is smaller and flowrate is lower. Its a great hose except for the flowrate and being black, the water gets quite hot if the hose is in the sun. Ended up replacing it with a Flexilla hose. Much more money, but worth it for me.
Jan 16, 2017
101 posts
74 upvotes
sirxterminator wrote: For hoses, rubber, rubber, rubber. Others are just rubbish.

Rubber hose never never never again , thanks, but no no no.
Feb 15, 2002
68 posts
15 upvotes
Vancity
Seems OOS for me. I get "Item 354813 is out of stock or unavailable to order" when I try to add it to my cart.
=(
Dec 5, 2004
303 posts
208 upvotes
The Flexon that Costco normally sells in 100ft is superb for the price but not perfect. The plastic sleeves that go near the end are very useful to loosen/tighten the ends. I leave the water pressure on day/night during the summer (nozzle locked in OFF position when not in use). I have 2 that are in their 2nd and 3rd non-winter year, and the ends are bulging slightly. They are heavy and difficult to bend and handle when pressurized.

I had a 50' rubber hose from Home Depot that was easy to handle and bend, but being black I think led to its demise. Two bubbles started forming near the end probably from being left out in the summer sun while fully pressurized (and not in use), but the company politely sent a replacement no questions asked (a photo of the cut off end was sufficient to satisfy the warranty).

Be sure to purchase one of these attachments so that you can empty out the 100' hose before winter with a compressor :

Brass faucet hose blowout
May 21, 2005
107 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
shopper-X wrote: How does this compare to the Flexon Heavy Duty Hose, 75-ft at CT for $27.99?
I can attest to the quality and durability of the Crispair rubber hose. I have both the 50ft and 100ft. The 50ft is mounted on the south side of the house and gets full sun exposure in the summer and is left out all winter. It's survived 5 years and works just as well today. This hose doesn't kink and is fairly light.

Can't speak to the Flexon hose at CT, but the two times that I tried the Flexon hose sold at Costco was hot garbage. It was heavy, a b#tch to handle, and it would kink no matter what you did.

I'm curious to try the Flexilla but haven't had a reason to toss the Crispair hose yet.