Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1750 upvotes
Kingston, ON

iPhone 6s and 6s Plus (Unlocked) - $299.97-$359.99

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Costco.ca
I know, I know....this phone isn't the newest but it still has the current iOS version and will likely get the new iOS release this fall. If you like iPhone and don't need the latest greatest model then grab one of these. Comes with one year warranty and Apple has great support. Clearance prices are as listed in screenshot. I wouldn't bother trying to find stock in stores because most if not all are cleared out across Canada.
6s.jpg
Last edited by Guest44573738 on Mar 1st, 2020 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
5686 posts
1425 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
No deal for...

Freedom Mobile
Line 1 $50 20gb with 35% F&F LG Velvet
Line 2 $50 20gb with 35% F&F Samsung S21
Line 3 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11
Line 4 $65 20gb with 35% F&F iPhone 11

Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1606 posts
620 upvotes
Back on topic, the non-plus version were cleared out in store for $200, so check if that’s still available in your area.

I just recently sold my iPhone 7, and that was still quite fast even today, I don’t think the 6s is much slower.
Dec 15, 2017
408 posts
396 upvotes
Calgary
I don't see the point of dropping $300+ on a device that will soon no longer be able to get iOS updates. iPhone 6s is currently the cut off for iOS updates and when iOS14 comes out soon, it'll likely be cut out all together.
Telus EPP: 20GB/$50
"Retail is for suckers" - Cosmo Kramer
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1750 upvotes
Kingston, ON
intelpentium400 wrote: I don't see the point of dropping $300+ on a device that will soon no longer be able to get iOS updates. iPhone 6s is currently the cut off for iOS updates and when iOS14 comes out soon, it'll likely be cut out all together.
https://www.gsmarena.com/ios_14_will_su ... -41227.php

https://www.phonearena.com/news/apple-i ... t_id121783

https://wccftech.com/ios-14-device-comp ... d-devices/
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1606 posts
620 upvotes
intelpentium400 wrote: I don't see the point of dropping $300+ on a device that will soon no longer be able to get iOS updates. iPhone 6s is currently the cut off for iOS updates and when iOS14 comes out soon, it'll likely be cut out all together.
The cut offs in the past seem to be more closely linked to the amount of ram a device has. So my GUESS is that the 6s will be supported until they no longer support the 7 and 8 since they all have 2gb ram. So I doubt it’ll be as soon as iOS 15, but of course I could be wrong.

If you can find this in store for $200, it’s a great deal. At $300, you start getting into the Samsung mid tier space, and I imagine the a50/a70 might be better options, especially if you take a contract.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4321 posts
670 upvotes
Don’t they sell brand new 8’s which is the last phone with the home button for $500 ($200 more)?

My wife has 6 plus and I have an 8 plus and there is a pretty big difference in battery usage, the 8 lasts twice as long for similar daily useage, so my wife carries a charger in her car and with her while I don’t.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1750 upvotes
Kingston, ON
flafson wrote: Don’t they sell brand new 8’s which is the last phone with the home button for $500 ($200 more)?

My wife has 6 plus and I have an 8 plus and there is a pretty big difference in battery usage, the 8 lasts twice as long for similar daily useage, so my wife carries a charger in her car and with her while I don’t.
cool story bro. Can I borrow $200 to put towards my iPhone 8? I'll pay u back i swear...
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1690 posts
345 upvotes
BC
I used to prefer the 6-6S to the 7. Hated that model.
"If you ever doubted yourself, remember, the Stupidest Man on earth became President" Li Ka Shing
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
2028 posts
1964 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Why do people keep posting this? This isn't a deal, it's a robbery.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1439 posts
1251 upvotes
There are a lot of people that still like the old headphone jack, believe it or not. I just sold my daughter's iPhone 6s gold 128 gig yesterday for 210$ on Kijiji super fast - second day after posting. It was in MINT condition with box and original accessories unopened though.

Having said that - no warranty and only 93% battery health.

For a lot of people they want an iPhone (regardless of peoples opinion) and the 6-7-8 all look identical, so for some it is down to price AND iPhone.

The 6s is of course old, and I personally like that newer oled screens on the X and XS and 11pro, but otherwise it works perfectly.

I always read these threads and think about how people always put forward two premises - First - that iPhones are over priced so don't buy it (I can never understand this point as people want what they want), and Second - that there is better specs on newer devices (but again that increases price).

Anyway, thanks OP for posting the best current deal on these right now as new with apple care - and of course Costco. Upvote because there is no better deal to be found for this product right now,
funnypanks wrote: Back on topic, the non-plus version were cleared out in store for $200, so check if that’s still available in your area.

I just recently sold my iPhone 7, and that was still quite fast even today, I don’t think the 6s is much slower.
blackbirdman wrote: Why do people keep posting this? This isn't a deal, it's a robbery.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1750 upvotes
Kingston, ON
MexicanPeso wrote: There are a lot of people that still like the old headphone jack, believe it or not. I just sold my daughter's iPhone 6s gold 128 gig yesterday for 210$ on Kijiji super fast - second day after posting. It was in MINT condition with box and original accessories unopened though.

Having said that - no warranty and only 93% battery health.

For a lot of people they want an iPhone (regardless of peoples opinion) and the 6-7-8 all look identical, so for some it is down to price AND iPhone.

The 6s is of course old, and I personally like that newer oled screens on the X and XS and 11pro, but otherwise it works perfectly.

I always read these threads and think about how people always put forward two premises - First - that iPhones are over priced so don't buy it (I can never understand this point as people want what they want), and Second - that there is better specs on newer devices (but again that increases price).

Anyway, thanks OP for posting the best current deal on these right now as new with apple care - and of course Costco. Upvote because there is no better deal to be found for this product right now,
Amen. And yeah I forgot about the 6s was the last iPhone to have headphone jack.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
1846 posts
3944 upvotes
This is a repost from a few weeks ago.
Jul 11, 2016
100 posts
69 upvotes
My XR with a shattered screen will cost me $259 + tax to repair, or for almost the same price I could just buy a new 6s.... I'd love to have a headphone jack again and a 128gb storage would be a bump up from the 64gb I already have. How much of a performance hit will I notice?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1606 posts
620 upvotes
karvagio wrote: My XR with a shattered screen will cost me $259 + tax to repair, or for almost the same price I could just buy a new 6s.... I'd love to have a headphone jack again and a 128gb storage would be a bump up from the 64gb I already have. How much of a performance hit will I notice?
Depends on usage. If you use heavier apps, pretty significant. Also the screen is smaller and the camera is worse. Repair the xr I’d say.
Nov 4, 2014
309 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto, ON
flafson wrote: Don’t they sell brand new 8’s which is the last phone with the home button for $500 ($200 more)?

Probably the 6 plus has aged battery?
I have 6 s plus and 8 plus, and don't see that much difference as "twice as long".
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1439 posts
1251 upvotes
I would repair the XR. For starters you are still saving $40.00 plus tax.

Even though the XR screen isn’t really any better than the 6S. It is bigger.

Also, just like the 8, there is better battery performance in the XR. (Bigger - more mAh)

My daughter has the 11, she went there from the 6s. She is very clear that what she uses it for she doesn’t notice any difference.

I’m sure there must be - but since she never had any slowdowns on the 6S she will simply say that ‘maybe things open faster’.

What she wanted was the larger screen and camera. A girls whole life I guess. Social media is king.

As for the comparison of 6s battery... it lasts very long, but a heavy user of any phone that uses it all day and charges every night will see the battery health drop.

Apple indicates that a battery will be at 80% after about 500 full charge cycles, so every 100 charge cycles can be thought off as about 4% of battery life.

So for me, that barely uses my phone during the day, I don’t charge a lot. My daughter still has to charge her phone every night and often during the day ( the New 11 ) because she is a HEAVY social media you tube Netflix etc user.

So her battery health will drop at a faster rate than mine.

So I bet in a year her 11 battery health will be less than my old X. But we will see.

As for the $200 more comment for an 8... that’s a lot of money, almost an additional 70% of the 6S 128 gig.

And the phones look identical-ish.

Regardless, I would fix the XR even though it’s only 64 gig - for me I buy the 256 for GoPro video - and in a few years you can sell it, whereas I doubt in 2 years it will be so easy to sell a 6S ( looks like it is getting iOS 14 though so who knows ).

Do you use glass screen protectors? These have saved all of our phones at least once.

karvagio wrote: My XR with a shattered screen will cost me $259 + tax to repair, or for almost the same price I could just buy a new 6s.... I'd love to have a headphone jack again and a 128gb storage would be a bump up from the 64gb I already have. How much of a performance hit will I notice?
archon6784 wrote: Probably the 6 plus has aged battery?
I have 6 s plus and 8 plus, and don't see that much difference as "twice as long".
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
2508 posts
1601 upvotes
Why does this "deal" keep getting posted every few weeks? A double-box of cereal for $2 off would be hotter than this. Face With Stuck-out Tongue
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4321 posts
670 upvotes
archon6784 wrote: Probably the 6 plus has aged battery?
We already had the battery replaced for the 6 plus, the health status is actually better than the 8 plus, in theory.
Just to give you an idea, I can use Waze 4-6 times a day where my wife barely uses it once. Mind you she probably does other things but when I notice, it seems like the 8 plus battery is twice as long.