Expired Hot Deals

Costco.ca

[Non-Members Too] MIU 3-pack Silicone Baking Liner on Clearance $14.97

  • Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2021 2:43 pm
[OP]
Member
Sep 14, 2014
242 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Non-Members Too] MIU 3-pack Silicone Baking Liner on Clearance $14.97

Deal Link:
Price:
14.97
Retailer:
Costco.ca
On clearance, you do not need to be a Costco member to purchase.

This seems to be a better deal than the Amazon Basics silicone baking sheet that was very popular last Prime Day.

The brand of this silicone baking sheet is MIU which appears to be from France.
Last edited by rfdfan2 on May 16th, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplii Financial, Zoomer Wireless, Drop Rewards & EQ Bank account holder :)
22 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 30, 2008
2617 posts
1873 upvotes
GTA
Bought this in-store for the same price. Works well for what it is. I have to admit, most of the time, I still reach for my kirkland parchment paper when cooking.
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2007
2167 posts
1500 upvotes
Markham
Can we cut this and use inside Air Fryer?
-------
Thank you
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 11, 2008
804 posts
488 upvotes
Quebec
moulamou wrote: Bought this in-store for the same price. Works well for what it is. I have to admit, most of the time, I still reach for my kirkland parchment paper when cooking.
Why though?
Member
Sep 14, 2014
260 posts
157 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Chicken wings don't stick to the parchment, but do to the silicone. All the salt and pepper coating comes right off. :(
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 30, 2008
2617 posts
1873 upvotes
GTA
Gr4v1ty wrote: Why though?
Convenience. I can throw my parchment in the compost afterwards and don’t have to clean the greasy silicone.
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
Sr. Member
May 25, 2009
706 posts
301 upvotes
kunamvahees wrote: Can we cut this and use inside Air Fryer?
Don't use knives or other sharp objects on the baking mat. Also, don't cut it. ... Most silicone baking mats have a fiberglass mesh sandwiched between the layers of silicone. Cutting the mats could cause the fiberglass to get into your food.
[OP]
Member
Sep 14, 2014
242 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto, ON
webeye wrote: For non stick mats etc etc see here

https://www.amazon.ca/reusable-parchmen ... ment+paper

Imo it's better to get the Costco one due to their return policy if you're a member and because this is cheaper than many of the options on Amazon. Not to mention that with Costco you can be reasonably assured that you're getting quality materials and good build quality unlike some of the dodgy Amazon sellers.
Simplii Financial, Zoomer Wireless, Drop Rewards & EQ Bank account holder :)
Member
Apr 15, 2018
202 posts
154 upvotes
My post was merely to show the various non stick products out there....that I was not even aware of.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 11, 2007
2167 posts
1500 upvotes
Markham
yonoid wrote: Don't use knives or other sharp objects on the baking mat. Also, don't cut it. ... Most silicone baking mats have a fiberglass mesh sandwiched between the layers of silicone. Cutting the mats could cause the fiberglass to get into your food.
Thank you.
-------
Thank you
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 27, 2003
651 posts
380 upvotes
Langley
moulamou wrote: Convenience. I can throw my parchment in the compost afterwards and don’t have to clean the greasy silicone.
Same.. while these do have their place (and I still use them), sometimes they are more of a pain to wash while it's flopping around in the sink.. it's a process:

Soap on scrubbie sponge, lather one side of mat, rinse and flip - do the other side, rinse - first side now has mild oily sheen from sink, so do it again, rinse again.

sometimes parchment or aluminum foil is way more convenient.:)
Xphile. (as in 'X-files aficionado'..so yeah, I guess I am old..)

Land Back.
Sr. Member
May 25, 2009
706 posts
301 upvotes
If the mats are really greasy usually ill wipe them with a napkin to absorb the grease and then sponge and soap.

I bought off Amazon smaller size ones for my toaster oven.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 5, 2012
648 posts
342 upvotes
Canada
How do these compare to the Silpat branded ones?
I guess these are better for baking than cooking?
Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 18, 2003
6521 posts
382 upvotes
Etobicoke
moulamou wrote: Convenience. I can throw my parchment in the compost afterwards and don’t have to clean the greasy silicone.
This may not be for everyone as every municipality is different. Be sure to check your local municipality's compost bin rules before tossing parchment paper in the compost. For example, Toronto's compost bin rules allow for plastic bags. But not parchment paper.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jan 5, 2008
108 posts
133 upvotes
Halifax
Yes. Majority of parchment is coated with silicone, and... anything contaminated with food/oil is not recyclable, it is garbage.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 30, 2008
2617 posts
1873 upvotes
GTA
eelfliw wrote: This may not be for everyone as every municipality is different. Be sure to check your local municipality's compost bin rules before tossing parchment paper in the compost. For example, Toronto's compost bin rules allow for plastic bags. But not parchment paper.
Thanks ill look into it!
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
Jr. Member
Oct 29, 2013
193 posts
178 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
These are awesome, really easy to clean too. Aren't too floppy. I saw these in store at the still creek drive location in Burnaby BC, for on clearance at $9.97 about a month ago. Almost grabbed a 2nd set at that price, but I literally have no use for a 2nd set. Haven't noticed them since.
Jr. Member
Jun 18, 2006
190 posts
200 upvotes
Burnaby
mfu1026 wrote: These are awesome, really easy to clean too. Aren't too floppy. I saw these in store at the still creek drive location in Burnaby BC, for on clearance at $9.97 about a month ago. Almost grabbed a 2nd set at that price, but I literally have no use for a 2nd set. Haven't noticed them since.
Do you mean the same 3-pack at only $9.97?
If it is, where inside the Still Creek location did you find them?

Thanks in advance.

Top