Expired Hot Deals

[Costco.ca] Novaform FlexTech II Memory Foam Mattresses on sale - King : 799$ (200$ off)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2017 9:42 am
[OP]
Sep 18, 2013
33 posts
134 upvotes

Novaform FlexTech II Memory Foam Mattresses on sale - King : 799$ (200$ off)

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
February 12, 2017
Retailer:
Costco.ca
Costco.ca has a sale on it seems a "new" series of Novaform mattresses called "Flextech II". Double, twin, queen and king (find them here!)

Managed to find some information/reviews on previous Flextech model but nothing on this precise model.

If anybody owns one of these, your opinion would be appreciated, as I am looking to buy a new mattress myself.

Seems like a good deal for a firm mattress of a generally well reviewed brand.

Thanks!
5 replies
Nov 27, 2016
80 posts
64 upvotes
It's hard to tell the quality when they don't even post the specs of the mattress, but it looks like it's only got 1" of memory foam, which seems pretty low quality to me.
Nov 26, 2008
875 posts
539 upvotes
GTA
I spent countless hours before I bought my Brooklyn bedding mattress and based on specs I think you could do better.

The only great thing is the Costco return policy in case this mattress sleeps hot or doesn't suit your body type and sleep position combo.
[OP]
Sep 18, 2013
33 posts
134 upvotes
You're absolutely right on that.

Other Novaforms have about 3 inches of memory foam, so that's a good indication.

Thanks for pointing that out! :)
Aug 6, 2008
174 posts
27 upvotes
How is it 1 inch? It says this in the details of the queen version:

"Top layer: 2.5-cm (1-in.) FlexTech foam for a uniquely responsive surface
Second layer: 2.5-cm (1-in.) ultra soft memory foam for a layer of gentle support
Bottom layer: 25.4-cm (10-in.) base foam for long-lasting durability and overall stability

"Features:
30.5-cm (12-in.) mattress thickness
Premium 3-layer construction
Evenly distributes body weight to prevent pressure points
Minimizes impact of sleep partner’s movements
Constructed to maintain shape without ever flipping or rotating
Foam made in the USA
Box spring not included
Meets the requirements of 16 CFR Part 1633 - Federal flammability (open flame) standards
Compressed & packaged for easy transport delivery and set up"

Are you guys only counting the flex memory part or?
Last edited by peshmerga on Feb 3rd, 2017 9:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mar 16, 2006
279 posts
256 upvotes
ah peshmerga beat me ....

The description provided indicates a total of 2" of memory foam, 1" each of 2 different types of memory foam.

Furthermore, from the statement "creates an almost weightless sensation for those who like to sleep on top of their mattress, rather than in it", I believe they are suggesting that the design doesn't let you sink into the foam and be enveloped. Perhaps this will be better for those who get too hot on 3" toppers.
As already stated, it's Costco so returning is never a problem.