589 posts
140 upvotes

Philips OneBlade (Bonus blade and Li-ion battery) - $44.99 + FS

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Costco.ca
Hi all,

I was looking for replacement blades for my OneBlade and was about to purchase a 2-pack for $35 when I noticed costco.ca has a much better deal for $10 more.

For $44.99, you get the OneBlade machine with the longer lasting Li-ion battery. On top of that, you get a total of two blades and an extra comb.

Other retailers are selling this for the same price but with only one blade and a weaker battery.
7 replies
Mar 29, 2006
100 posts
40 upvotes
I bought this last year for the same price. Used it to shave my head. Blades that came with the shaver lasted 2 weeks each. I bought replacement blades from several places (Amazon, Walmart, London Drugs, SDM) and they each lasted 1-2 shaves. I ended up returning it and going back to the Gillette Mach3.
Feb 4, 2017
201 posts
177 upvotes
This is the regular price for Costco.

In store it has been 39.99 for months now with only one sale I can recall when it dropped to 29.99
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1138 posts
2885 upvotes
Toronto
The Philips Oneblade has made me enjoy shaving again. I used to wet shave back in the day and no matter how well my technique, routine, or hardware was, I always ended up with unsatisfactory results. Then I tried the Oneblade and holy moly is it so nice and easy to use. It's more effective than anything I've ever used and it's fun to use considering how easily it mows down a thick beard without causing any irritation or cuts.

I shave with ice cold water and use shaving foam with the Oneblade and this combination has give me irritation-free, smooth skin. Michelangelo's David's got nothing on my clean chiseled face.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
5108 posts
5327 upvotes
After using this for months and months, here's my review:

For beard maintenance (7.3/10):
- Reasonable trimmer with an attachment. Takes longer than a standard beard trimmer and attachment.

For head shaving (6.1/10):
- OneBlade isn't razor-close, and it takes too much time.

Problems:
- Applying too much pressure to the head cracks it, rendering it non-functional (this has happened two times)
- OneBlade razors wear down after a handful of uses
- Heads are expensives

I'm going to recommend folks get a proper beard trimmer with attachments for their beard. For the head, stick with razors.

God bless.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3758 posts
933 upvotes
Vancouver
I have one of the NiCAD battery models bought last October which I use once or twice a week. The OEM blade has just started to bind a bit when cutting my beard. Do they have this deal in store or just on their web site?

PS... I wet shave with it. I bought it due I've been getting an dermatitis with my Panasonic wet shaver and was hoping a less close shave would alleviate it. It shaves less close but unfortunately the dermatitis is still with me.

Last edited by NewsyL on Feb 18th, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 23, 2017
354 posts
784 upvotes
I just learned a few weeks ago you can use this backwards (like the precision trimmer on the mach 5).
I think it cuts well on the edges but not so much on the face of the blade.
Oct 24, 2016
523 posts
360 upvotes
ON
Looks promising but then is this one of those products where the manufacturer sells the initial product cheap and recoups all the profits from the proprietary consumables? OP kind of supports this if the blades are costing as much as the stick.
Isn't it great to live in the 21st century where deleting history has become more important than making it.