Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: TCL 55" HDR Roku Smart TV - Model 55R613-CA - $599.99 Delivered

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2020 9:40 am
Dec 11, 2010
561 posts
363 upvotes
Is $600 the new $500...? sigh...
You'll Never Walk Alone.
Banned
Jun 17, 2010
153 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
blurx wrote: Is $600 the new $500...? sigh...
Have you seen the value of the loonie lately?
Nov 22, 2016
91 posts
59 upvotes
hitman989 wrote: Warehouse doesn't stock the 6 series.
some do, I know at least point claire and bridge used to carry the TCL 6 series in Montreal area,
not sure if they still do
Jun 22, 2007
83 posts
85 upvotes
Markham
randomroyalty wrote: I've been eyeing this one, the Walmart 55" Proscan, or the 58" Hitachi from Visions...undecided.

Does anyone know if this is cheaper in the warehouse? I have $80 rebate cheque to spend which might sway me.
LOL WHAT? Did you just compare the TCL 6 series to a proscan and hitachi? oh boy
I don't downvote. I either talk shit or upvote. :twisted:
Jun 22, 2007
83 posts
85 upvotes
Markham
TurboTronix wrote: If I'm not interested in the Roku part, what's the best tv in this price range?
This is the best TV in this price range. You can turn off the Roku like I've done. Bought this for $500 during Christmas. Best TV I've ever owned.
I don't downvote. I either talk shit or upvote. :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9493 posts
720 upvotes
Mississauga
Cheetah wrote: LOL WHAT? Did you just compare the TCL 6 series to a proscan and hitachi? oh boy
The Walmart $158 RCA 65" is WAY better! Face With Tears Of Joy
RFD 41-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Dec 16, 2010
693 posts
526 upvotes
Canada
I bought this at Best Buy for $499 a week ago. Worth going to a Best Buy store and asking if they can do it for that price? Good TV for the money!
Aug 6, 2012
234 posts
77 upvotes
TORONTO
ips1177 wrote: this TCL TV looks great but it has Roku as opposed to Amazon Fire. I would need access to Google Play and whatnot and I know Roku does not access Google Play. Also want a TV with an ethernet connection, not so much wifi. Thoughts on this one? Seems pretty cool with amazon fire built in. Would this one below have all the capabilities if I bought a Fire Stick on its own? Or is it limited?
If you're the modding type then the Fire TV may be slightly better since you can load Kodi on it by doing a bunch of backflips. Still have to deal with all of the crap advertising that Amazon loads their devices with these days.

If it's for people that just want Netflix and Disney+ then the Roku is better. The only downside to Roku is skipping part of the setup when it pretends it really needs payment info that it doesn't need. The Roku works better if internet is down since it doesn't just turn everything off when it can't call home base (the Fire does).

In either case it's probably better to just buy a screen for a screen since whatever "smart" built in is probably going to stop working way before the screen stops working.
Dec 18, 2010
450 posts
283 upvotes
Vancouver
For older folk that don’t care about picture quality, should I get the TCL 55” 4 series from Costco for $387 instead?
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1746 upvotes
Kingston, ON
jeremy4 wrote: If you're the modding type then the Fire TV may be slightly better since you can load Kodi on it by doing a bunch of backflips. Still have to deal with all of the crap advertising that Amazon loads their devices with these days.

If it's for people that just want Netflix and Disney+ then the Roku is better. The only downside to Roku is skipping part of the setup when it pretends it really needs payment info that it doesn't need. The Roku works better if internet is down since it doesn't just turn everything off when it can't call home base (the Fire does).

In either case it's probably better to just buy a screen for a screen since whatever "smart" built in is probably going to stop working way before the screen stops working.
thanks...but won't I be able to update the software on this Toshiba Fire-ready TV as I would with the Fire stick? Any difference tween this TV and using a Fire Stick?

Also, I want access to the Google Store so I can use the STB EMU...so must I have Fire TV for this or can I just use any other SMart TV which has access to Google Play store? (Sorry I'm a noob...)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... e&hl=en_CA
Jan 5, 2017
217 posts
132 upvotes
montreal
iN10Se wrote: For older folk that don’t care about picture quality, should I get the TCL 55” 4 series from Costco for $387 instead?
I think you just answered your question! 6 series is much better than 4....but if you don't *care* about that, you should be getting the 4 series. Heck find the cheapest TV you can find !
Oct 20, 2009
171 posts
56 upvotes
Just this just after Christmas too fro $489.. Wanted the 65" but that was/is still $850 on sale. Almost double the price for 10"
.. As for the 55. Love it. OS is snappy, really responsive. PQ is deep rich, not washed out at all. It beats my Sony 900e, rich blacks bright colours, I have this in my bedroom, mostly night time watches.
It's not all about saving a few dollars....its the Principle of it :)
Oct 20, 2009
171 posts
56 upvotes
You could just always get a $50 amazon fire stick if the PlayStore is a must. Plus you can now always buy the current year firestick to have the smartest tv. But you can never upgrade the picture quality of a tv. So get this tv and a firestick, best of both worlds.
It's not all about saving a few dollars....its the Principle of it :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)