Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Costco.ca: TCL 55" HDR Roku Smart TV - Model 55R613-CA - $599.99 Delivered

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2020 9:40 am
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2013
1009 posts
1746 upvotes
Kingston, ON
AverageJoee wrote: You could just always get a $50 amazon fire stick if the PlayStore is a must. Plus you can now always buy the current year firestick to have the smartest tv. But you can never upgrade the picture quality of a tv. So get this tv and a firestick, best of both worlds.
I know but fire stick uses wifi, I want a tv which comes with an ethernet port...
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
26237 posts
6503 upvotes
randomroyalty wrote: I've been eyeing this one, the Walmart 55" Proscan, or the 58" Hitachi from Visions...undecided.

Does anyone know if this is cheaper in the warehouse? I have $80 rebate cheque to spend which might sway me.
This is a much better TV than those. Only issue is panel lottery on this one can end you up with poor grey uniformity (high level of DSE), but that's really the only thing to watch out for.
voucher21 wrote: I'm waiting for this year's model to be released.
Considering the 2019 model hasn't yet released in Canada, you may be waiting quite a while, lol. MiniLED 6-series won't be released until late in the year and no telling when Canada will get that one (though there is hope they will skip the 2019 here and just pickup at the 2020 when it does hit shelves).
voucher21 wrote: I feel like this will get cheaper as the newer models become available. I think this was already down to 499 on amazon if I am not mistaken?
Yeah it was, but that was pretty much BD sale.
Masernaut wrote: An extra $100 gets you the 65" HiSense. Is there a big quality difference between the two?
Which Hisense though? Only the H8809 will compare to this and I doubt you're seeing that for $100 more. Even then, this is significantly brighter than the H8809 though they are both very good sets for what they sell for.
TurboTronix wrote: If I'm not interested in the Roku part, what's the best tv in this price range?
Well really if you think about it Roku, Android, etc. on TVs actually makes them cheaper nowadays. Because they incorporate "spying" (on your viewing habits) and sometimes ads, it is actually one of the driving forces behind TVs getting so cheap over time. There is of course economies of scale involved but also the "smart" features you once had to pay more for are now almost subsidising TV prices:

decee wrote: Have you seen the value of the loonie lately?
Uh it's like 5% down from what it was in December. I mean that sucks and all, yes, but that also doesn't make $400 into $500. It's not like it's all of a sudden $1.70 for a dollar US or anything. Anyway this TV is a good price, would be nicer if it was $50 cheaper but people will probably buy it out [at Costco] before it drops anyway.
Banned
Jun 17, 2010
153 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
$1.30 to $1.44 is 11% anyways all gone now
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1289 posts
1949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AverageJoee wrote: Just this just after Christmas too fro $489.. Wanted the 65" but that was/is still $850 on sale. Almost double the price for 10"
.. As for the 55. Love it. OS is snappy, really responsive. PQ is deep rich, not washed out at all. It beats my Sony 900e, rich blacks bright colours, I have this in my bedroom, mostly night time watches.
That's when I got mine as well - on Boxing Day if I recall. $489 which also qualified for the lower-tiered $30 extended warranty as it was sub $500. AND a $20 coupon code on top of all that!

I can't believe how sweet a deal it actually was when you see the price nowadays. Although I'm not sure if the weak CND dollar is doing much of that.

I've had this tv for three months now in regular daily use as the main TV in the home. Worth every penny I paid. Even at $600 I think it's a great value.

If it doesn't crap out in the next five years I'll consider this one of my best RFD purchases. Because it was the discussion and opinions on RFD that tipped my decision on buying it.
Jan 24, 2009
868 posts
521 upvotes
Montreal
Cheetah wrote: LOL WHAT? Did you just compare the TCL 6 series to a proscan and hitachi? oh boy
LOL! I was hoping someone would get in on the joke :-) but seriously the Walmart Proscan is a bit of a crapshoot but can pay off if you get a 120hz RGB panel... I just don’t know if I have the energy to order 3 sets to get a good one and have to return 2...

The Hitachi panels are seconds from Vestel but you might get a good one so buy a couple and return the bad ones. This can be a fun game in the RFD bragging rights style to say you have a $1300 tv for $400.

Given the issues with TCL 6 series folks have been experiencing I’d say its the same risk. Just saying

But if you just want a good TV to watch Netflix and don’t care then listen to the advice of the Best Buy associate and buy a Samsung and there is nothing to see here.

What I want is to justify to the wifey why we need a new TV when she is happy with our 2016 Samsung 55”
Jan 24, 2009
868 posts
521 upvotes
Montreal
Now..: seriously. People are out of work and don’t know how to pay the rent and we are arguing over cheap ass TVs?
Jul 13, 2011
417 posts
146 upvotes
Ottawa
randomroyalty wrote: Now..: seriously. People are out of work and don’t know how to pay the rent and we are arguing over cheap ass TVs?
Not sure how that really is a problem, You could say that just about anytime. There is always something more "important" going on in the world then whatever is being discussed at just about any given time.

Also, discussions about spending money can lead to actual economic activity
Jul 13, 2011
417 posts
146 upvotes
Ottawa
randomroyalty wrote: Now..: seriously. People are out of work and don’t know how to pay the rent and we are arguing over cheap ass TVs?
Not sure how that really is a problem, You could say that just about anytime. There is always something more "important" going on in the world then whatever is being discussed at just about any given time.

Also, discussions about spending money can lead to actual economic activity
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1289 posts
1949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sorry but LOL

This is RRR FFF DDD afterall. And YOU are the one here reading this thread. LOL.

I think you're looking for The Kids Help Phone or something similar.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7237 posts
692 upvotes
Toronto
ips1177 wrote: I know but fire stick uses wifi, I want a tv which comes with an ethernet port...
Amazon sells a $20 ethernet adapter for their fire devices.
Jun 11, 2016
807 posts
1123 upvotes
decee wrote: Have you seen the value of the loonie lately?
Yup 1992 is the new 2020

As for the TV.. personally the Roku interface is a deal killer. Use to love Roku until I got an Amazon stick which is much more versatile and fun to experiment with.
Roku would be best describe for someone who wants their basic apps to work and be easily accessible (netflix, prime, youtube)
Jun 22, 2007
83 posts
85 upvotes
Markham
randomroyalty wrote: LOL! I was hoping someone would get in on the joke :-) but seriously the Walmart Proscan is a bit of a crapshoot but can pay off if you get a 120hz RGB panel... I just don’t know if I have the energy to order 3 sets to get a good one and have to return 2...

The Hitachi panels are seconds from Vestel but you might get a good one so buy a couple and return the bad ones. This can be a fun game in the RFD bragging rights style to say you have a $1300 tv for $400.

Given the issues with TCL 6 series folks have been experiencing I’d say its the same risk. Just saying

But if you just want a good TV to watch Netflix and don’t care then listen to the advice of the Best Buy associate and buy a Samsung and there is nothing to see here.

What I want is to justify to the wifey why we need a new TV when she is happy with our 2016 Samsung 55”
Ahh I wasn't aware of people having issues with the 6 series. That's news to me. I got mine at Best buy as well right after Christmas. It has been great to me. I disabled the Roku and have my fire cube hooked up to it.
I don't downvote. I either talk shit or upvote. :twisted:
Aug 26, 2008
825 posts
335 upvotes
Montreal
I think it's great people are reconsidering values at this time. It's good to get off auto-pilot, especially for something as central as consumerism. Coronavirus is creating many life threatening situations, but throwing values out the door isn't helpful.

Getting a TV is especially relevant for many people now since it's a main source of information and entertainment when we can't go out. The specialized shops like Visions and Brault & Martineau have drastically reduced service, they don't answer their phones, for example. Worse, they have the same service terms as ever, in B&M's case they still only offer two days to return an item if it's defective. So this means they could ship out defective units, and the customer will be stuck with them.

I don't mean the customer should be able to return things, that's a health risk, but they should find a way to extend their service windows, or they should stop offering items they can't properly support.

Flooding the world with poorly supported items that have a high environmental cost, along with low expectations of support, are not good side effects of these times. I guess ultimately it's a bad time to buy from these shops, until either things return to normal or they improve their service to something suitable to the parameters. Costco and Amazon already had better service terms, and are better compensating for "contactless" service.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
2877 posts
2369 upvotes
randomroyalty wrote: I've been eyeing this one, the Walmart 55" Proscan, or the 58" Hitachi from Visions...undecided.

Does anyone know if this is cheaper in the warehouse? I have $80 rebate cheque to spend which might sway me.
It's almost always cheaper in-store
Nov 19, 2004
558 posts
20 upvotes
Montreal
OOS on Costco.ca as of right now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)