Expired Hot Deals

[Costco.ca] Toto Washlet Bidet Toilet Seat 449.00

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2021 8:45 am
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1035 posts
748 upvotes
WayneEnterprise wrote: I went there a few months back..... we in Canada do not know how to live.....They even have Wi-Fi in their trains....that go underground.....come on TTC! Step your game up!
That's primarily because they care more about infrastructure and social services than tax rate. If Toronto had a 1.4% property tax rate (that's what it is across Japan) instead of 0.51% we could afford a much nicer public transit system too.
Oct 29, 2016
483 posts
286 upvotes
Anyone compared these with the Xiaomi on AliExpress for roughly $190 USD?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
1311 posts
472 upvotes
Toronto
i can already see someone returning this at the store :D

I grew up with a japanese bidet and I currently have one from Amazon during the 10% EB CB. I dont think they do good enough of a job cleaning so I still have to wipe. At least to wipe dry (not sure if this model has the blowdryers)

With that being said, the warm toilet seat is definitely a great plus.
Nov 12, 2008
13 posts
1 upvote
MANGLER wrote: Looks like a Toto A100 with wireless remote (vs side panel). This does not appear to be sold elsewhere, a "costco special" model? You are paying 70$ more for a no questions asked warranty, and a more covert wireless remote. Might be worth it for some.

While I think on paper the "affordable" (A100, C200) Toto washlets bidets leave much to be desired (tank hot water, plastic wand), they are extremely well reviewed, so maybe I am missing something? A100, C200 owners, feel free to comment.

PS about 15$ cheaper in store IIRC.
This is the A200 model and it does not have the dryer feature.

I did buy one though, for the basement washroom.

TOM...
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2512 posts
898 upvotes
Mississauga
WayneEnterprise wrote: I went there a few months back..... we in Canada do not know how to live.....They even have Wi-Fi in their trains....that go underground.....come on TTC! Step your game up!
When I visited Tokyo in 2007 they has wifi in there trains !!.. DoCoMo!
Mar 10, 2017
304 posts
282 upvotes
Bat Cave
Flunk wrote: That's primarily because they care more about infrastructure and social services than tax rate. If Toronto had a 1.4% property tax rate (that's what it is across Japan) instead of 0.51% we could afford a much nicer public transit system too.
I couldn't agree more. Yet, we are still reporting deficits after deficits within the City/Province. Where is it all going? :rolleyes:
My horn can pierce the sky
Jul 30, 2018
162 posts
171 upvotes
I really hope Costco stocks their one piece models soon.

Having the toilet bowl rise up when you come and close itself before flushing is fantastic.
Jul 7, 2013
694 posts
1000 upvotes
SkiLLz wrote: For those that bought one of these bidets, did you already have an outlet behind your toilet? None of my toilets have an outlet behind them so I may be SOL.... I recently built a new bathroom in the basement but didn't have the foresight to have them add an outlet there.
Mine didn't - I just ran a extension cord under my vanity and thru the other side; clamped it along the moulding top with clear Command Hooks and the look is pretty clean - no one I have over will be checking out the backside of my toilet anyway.

Took a look at this link for the downstairs bathroom but I prefer the Brondell I bought for less, which has stainless steel wand and the dryer feature (tho no remote which I prefer: 1 less thing to drop, fiddle with, find space for, get germy, change batteries on).

cheers,
:)
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3278 posts
1813 upvotes
Calgary
if this is still made in Japan, the I'd get it over all the other brands. for ppl in the know, TOTO is one of the better renowned brands for bidets & some of what they make ranges in the thousands.

its like comparing a made in German BMW to a made in Japan Honda (which in this case of bidets are likely made in SKorea) while both will do a good job, one is premium. personally, I'd take a TOTO any day provided I can afford it ofcos.

fwiw, I own a IZEN1 (SKorean made) for the last 5yrs now & its still running as well as it was new so I ain't biased on makes other than TOTO. just sayin Winking Face
Last edited by scotsum on Oct 25th, 2019 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54618 posts
19417 upvotes
I'm a believer. Installed three C100's a few years ago and saved so much on Charmin Ultra Strong usage.
Oct 8, 2013
345 posts
263 upvotes
Dartmouth
I'm rolling a Brondell unit. It's life changing. Had a spare circuit at just the right spot when I ripped out a jet tub (tubs don't need points of failure). Squeaky clean, warm water is amazing, my warm air dryer takes a while to actually do much. That being said, I can get away with a ~3 square wipe after using it.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1080 posts
826 upvotes
Richmond Hill
baby wipes vs toilet paper.

If your using a bidet, I find baby wipes work much better than toilet paper.

Give it a try and you won't go back. Cost is even cheaper.

Will not go into discussion of flushable or not.
Banned
Dec 17, 2017
1014 posts
1051 upvotes
It's a rebrand of this Chinese bidet: https://www.ikahe.cc/products/Wifi-app- ... -seat.html

The crappy thing is that Living.ca doesn't have warranty or repair support past the initial year. And it's that cheap because they're dumping their stock because they realized they don't have the proper repair support.
May 1, 2011
163 posts
28 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Thanks OP. How do get it plugged in if there is no socket nearby? Nearest is next to the bathroom sink...
Dec 30, 2014
15 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I read there were studies that these are notorious for spreading bacteria because the nozzle gets infected (no matter how much they say it's hidden and protected... You know it won't be 100% clean). So next person who uses it gets infected up their posterior... Cleaning the toilet is work.. but cleaning nozzles, attachments, remotes.. nothing in the washroom is really clean. Just can't see it. Plus manuals say to not install in a moist area to avoid electric shock.... Right.....
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2003
1036 posts
128 upvotes
Who has a power outlet next to their toilets?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
1200 posts
194 upvotes
Medicine Hat and SW …
congenic wrote: Who has a power outlet next to their toilets?
Not very many apparently. Whenever I remodel a bathroom, I place an outlet near the toilet. It's such a simple thing to do. However when looking at new homes recently none had an outlet located there. Perhaps higher end homes do.

Personally I've had a bidet in my main bathroom for over 12 years now. It is an Intelliseat brand, only sold at the time in Costco USA. It still works great although the plastic is cracking in multiple places. To this day I still have house guests remarking about how neat this thing is, North American society is really still in the dark ages when it comes to toilets. (I ironically say this as someone who primarily uses an outhouse on my farm...)

For potential cross-contamination defence, I think it's important that any bidet you buy has an automated flush mechanism that activates after each use. OTOH, a blow-dry feature is pretty useless unless you enjoy sitting there a very long time.
Sep 10, 2009
143 posts
45 upvotes
I got the Toto S550 from Amazon warehouse. No regrets. It changed my life.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6203 posts
620 upvotes
Toronto
What’s the going price to install a electric outlet these days? I’m in Ottawa if that helps? Do I have to do a ESA inspection after the new outlet?

Why can’t they just attach the remote to the side vs separate remote?