Expired Hot Deals

[Costco.ca] Toto Washlet Bidet Toilet Seat 449.00

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2021 8:45 am
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1263 posts
1385 upvotes
Flunk wrote: That's primarily because they care more about infrastructure and social services than tax rate. If Toronto had a 1.4% property tax rate (that's what it is across Japan) instead of 0.51% we could afford a much nicer public transit system too.
If Toronto had 1.41% property tax rate, we wouldn't get better transit. We would get construction compnaies making more money and more public sector jobs in government.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8999 posts
5407 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone use it with an extension cord? Always wondered if it's possible for renters that can't install an extra outlet down low.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1015 posts
819 upvotes
Wow, interesting device that looks like something from Star Trek...

Makes me want to sit on it... not to do #1 or #2... but to adjust the nozzle to flick the bean or warm thy nads...
Sep 11, 2013
119 posts
76 upvotes
You can run an extension cord made for hottubs and such. Ugly but it does the Job. Use conduit to make it prettier
Jun 9, 2015
867 posts
800 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Flunk wrote: That's primarily because they care more about infrastructure and social services than tax rate. If Toronto had a 1.4% property tax rate (that's what it is across Japan) instead of 0.51% we could afford a much nicer public transit system too.
You're assuming our utilization of tax dollars across the board are as efficient as it is in Japan.
Dec 5, 2012
3 posts
MARKHAM
KombatVirus wrote: The brondell SE400 is 90$ cheaper and has way more features. This one seems pretty overpriced, although they are supposedly the top dog brand-wise.
I had a brondell (forgot the model number, it was the high end model) before and it stopped working in one week. Sent it back amazon for a refund. I don't recommend brondell even though it has Canadian warranty. It's such a hassle to uninstall and put it back to the box.

I have a Toto C200 for 3 years, never had any issue with it. The only downside of a Toto is the replacement of the deodorizing cartridge is hard to find and always out of stock.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1192 upvotes
Vancouver
thanks I'll use toilet seat for Halloween
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3271 posts
1778 upvotes
Calgary
maxqred1 wrote: I read there were studies that these are notorious for spreading bacteria because the nozzle gets infected (no matter how much they say it's hidden and protected... You know it won't be 100% clean). So next person who uses it gets infected up their posterior... Cleaning the toilet is work.. but cleaning nozzles, attachments, remotes.. nothing in the washroom is really clean. Just can't see it. Plus manuals say to not install in a moist area to avoid electric shock.... Right.....
I dont know about other makes or other peeps toilet habits &or how they clean them but I've had no issues with my Izen bidet. It has a jet wand extension mode (& I'm assuming other better makes do as well) for me to spray CLR (or name your fave cleaning fluid). After a coupla mins or so, it auto retracts & washes itself.

As for other areas, If one is really afraid of elec shock, there is an unplugged the rig option just so we knowWinking Face. Otherwise, its basic SOP toilet seat/bowl cleaning. Sounds like the author of what u read is either super anal OCD or.... :rolleyes: ! Far as I know, there's been no confirmed case/s of death by toilet germ misadventure. Just sayin'
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1015 posts
819 upvotes
hkboy2k1 wrote: I had a brondell (forgot the model number, it was the high end model) before and it stopped working in one week. Sent it back amazon for a refund. I don't recommend brondell even though it has Canadian warranty. It's such a hassle to uninstall and put it back to the box.
I wonder who would buy your returned unit under Amazon's WAREHOUSE DEALS ...
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1175 posts
480 upvotes
Toronto
frugal69 wrote: I wonder who would buy your returned unit under Amazon's WAREHOUSE DEALS ...
I guess it would feel the same as I poop in my company/public toilette daily.
Apr 25, 2016
169 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
hkboy2k1 wrote: I had a brondell (forgot the model number, it was the high end model) before and it stopped working in one week. Sent it back amazon for a refund. I don't recommend brondell even though it has Canadian warranty. It's such a hassle to uninstall and put it back to the box.

I have a Toto C200 for 3 years, never had any issue with it. The only downside of a Toto is the replacement of the deodorizing cartridge is hard to find and always out of stock.
Maybe you just got a defective unit, it happens no matter the company. The consensus seems to be pretty good for them, and I'm sure costco will set you straight if anything. I've heard a lot about totos failing as well, so I guess ymmv. I'm going to try the brondell, more features, better price.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1015 posts
819 upvotes
tunglete wrote: I guess it would feel the same as I poop in my company/public toilette daily.
Wow, you got bal1s... or scabies...
[OP]
Jan 10, 2005
433 posts
155 upvotes
HailHydra wrote: Clean touch ct 2000 is $315, free shipping, has like 95% of the same features, made in South Korea instead of Malaysia like this one.
Almost went for the 6035R when they had the (bigger) Lowes sale, but the few recent reviews that claimed cracked seats after a few months scared me away. Not overweight people either, maybe a batch of defective seats?
Feb 27, 2004
251 posts
197 upvotes
I bought this today but unfortunately it doesn’t fit my Pfister 1 piece elongated toilet. Gonna try the swash 1000 next.
Apr 1, 2011
60 posts
91 upvotes
Ottawa
I have never owned a washlet, but after seeing that this is being sold at Costco along with their very good return policy I decided to spend some time researching bidet options and pros and cons.
Here are just a couple of the things I have discovered...

First, a link that explains some considerations for how to use it ...
https://soranews24.com/2012/11/23/a-fra ... ur-health/

Also, apparently if your toilet is a one-piece and the water tank has a skirt to hide the connection at the bottom, then you have to purchase a separate adapter hose to connect which will be an extra expense. It is NOT available in hardware stores. I am unsure if this applies to any of the washlets or only specific ones.
https://www.amazon.ca/Toto-THU9090R-6-I ... B007FWM34W

Overall, this washlet looks like a good starter unit at a good price. Maybe we might be treated to a discount over Black Friday weekend or Christmas!
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1015 posts
819 upvotes
Actually, I'm waiting for the Alexa enabled model:

Me: Alexa, can you get toto to enable rim job mode.
Alexa: Sure thing. Would you like Air dry today, or are you in a rush?
Me: I'm in a rush so I'll handle the drying myself!

or

Me: Alexa, can you get toto to enable enema mode. not enough fibre lately.
Alexa: Sure thing. Would you like Air dry today, or are you in a rush?
Me: Extra dry today please. i just changed my ginch. thanks Alexa !!!

now that's service !!!
[OP]
Jan 10, 2005
433 posts
155 upvotes
Gtabuddy wrote: I bought this today but unfortunately it doesn’t fit my Pfister 1 piece elongated toilet. Gonna try the swash 1000 next.
I would stay away from the From the Brondell 1000, many reports of internal leaks after a few years. With a one piece you probably want something that specifically fits a French curve toilet.
Dec 8, 2014
325 posts
179 upvotes
Calgary, AB
You guys all have an electrical outlet behind the toilet?
Jan 1, 2018
539 posts
678 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote: The whole idea is to save your butt. Also, squeaky clean after... no streaks or skid marks :)

Did you know the skin around your butthole is very similar to the skin on your lips? Try vigorously wiping your lips several times a day with toilet paper... there will be blood
those are some sh*tty lips lolol Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Ahh the feeling I get when I've saved some money...more money for the more important things!