[Costco.ca] Toto Washlet Bidet Toilet Seat 449.00

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2020 3:59 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2007
4790 posts
2182 upvotes
Ottawa
Can't tell if this one has premist and am having a hard time deciding between this one (with a remote that would likely be wall-mounted) or the side-of-seat mounted controls like this one: https://www.amazon.com/TOTO-SW2034-01-E ... 1572100039

Anybody who has been to Japan, Korea, or China recently wants one of these.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21869 posts
162272 upvotes
GTA
Unless you are getting one of the barebones non-electronic ones, personally I think having a remote is handy for not only yourself, but especially if you might have guests / someone with eyesight problems who may use it and not know what button does what, and find the side panel hard to read. At least with the remote, you can bring it to whichever position is comfortable for the person to read.

Downside with the remote is when the batteries go, but I wouldn't imagine the batteries go that quickly - maybe someone who has one can chime in on that...
Jan 19, 2017
422 posts
119 upvotes
Angultra wrote: Anyone use it with an extension cord? Always wondered if it's possible for renters that can't install an extra outlet down low.
We use ours with an extension cord. Get a proper one that has the ground wire (it's very important), can support the required current, and install it somewhere away from splashing water.
Banned
Dec 17, 2017
1014 posts
1051 upvotes
MANGLER wrote: Almost went for the 6035R when they had the (bigger) Lowes sale, but the few recent reviews that claimed cracked seats after a few months scared me away. Not overweight people either, maybe a batch of defective seats?
I think people don't read the instructions and use chemical cleaners like lysol wipes to clean the bidet. I think it might be due to how the chemicals react with the plastic... not sure.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1711 posts
418 upvotes
Montreal
I have a light switch above my toilet. Can I connect and run an electric wire down behind the wall and install an electric outlet down there which will be near the toilet.
I have an old house, and I'm not sure if the light switch is grounded.
Aug 26, 2010
960 posts
218 upvotes
Brampton
hkboy2k1 wrote:
I have a Toto C200 for 3 years, never had any issue with it. The only downside of a Toto is the replacement of the deodorizing cartridge is hard to find and always out of stock.
the deodorizing feature is damn good on the Toto and makes a difference far more than a bathroom fan I discover, I have cleaned it every few months with a toothbrush as per the manual since it's just a plastic mesh, I guess unless it breaks it doesn't really need to be replaced, just maintained on my 350e.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1792 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
Like most Canadian homes, my bathroom didn’t have an outlet near the toilet. First time I went to Japan and experience these toilets, I knew I had to get one. When I remodelled my bathroom 2 years ago, I had an electrician install one and purchased a biobidet model 4700 from Costco, I think. Love it but TOTO is still the number 1 brand for these.

A lot of people don’t understand these has they have never used them before. Once your try them, you are hooked. It doesn’t totally replace toilet paper, but reduces it and just feels cleaner.
Celebrating 18+ years on RFD!
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1180 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto
maxqred1 wrote: I read there were studies that these are notorious for spreading bacteria because the nozzle gets infected (no matter how much they say it's hidden and protected... You know it won't be 100% clean). So next person who uses it gets infected up their posterior... Cleaning the toilet is work.. but cleaning nozzles, attachments, remotes.. nothing in the washroom is really clean. Just can't see it. Plus manuals say to not install in a moist area to avoid electric shock.... Right.....
Everytime you use your dirty hands to grab toilet paper, wipe and repeat is also directly spreading to that supposedly clean toilet paper roll.

Also can you provide a link to said study? Different make and model used in the study makes a difference.
Sep 14, 2012
641 posts
682 upvotes
Toronto
Have a number of washlets at home. I have had a Toto for over 12 years and it works as well today as the day I bought it. Easily worth more than the no namers. Remote and heated seat are great.

Those who are joking about them have obviously never been to Japan and have never used them.
Sep 14, 2012
641 posts
682 upvotes
Toronto
toguy wrote: Unless you are getting one of the barebones non-electronic ones, personally I think having a remote is handy for not only yourself, but especially if you might have guests / someone with eyesight problems who may use it and not know what button does what, and find the side panel hard to read. At least with the remote, you can bring it to whichever position is comfortable for the person to read.

Downside with the remote is when the batteries go, but I wouldn't imagine the batteries go that quickly - maybe someone who has one can chime in on that...
Battery use is nominal. I don't think I change the batteries more than once every 3 years or longer..and it's not like a couple batteries will hurt your budget.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1180 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto
toguy wrote: Even the higher end Clean Touch (6035) with remote are still cheaper than this, with Canadian warranty. FYI, they are still on sale at Lowe's (although not as cheap as before as last time there was another promo that got effectively another $75 off):

https://www.lowes.ca/dept/bidets-toilet ... display=24

As for Toto, I'm not sure if the warranty requires sending it outside Canada or not...
Just saying TOTO are the inventors of Japanese bidet and they have decades of R&D experience in the product. There's simply no comparison. TOTO washlets and their bathroom products are highly regarded in Japan - if not the best.
That said, this model they sell here in costco is a 4 year old model they sell in Japan.

TOTO Museum in kitakyushu - the second one from the right.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2926 posts
281 upvotes
Who's got an outlet next to their toilet? That's a building code issue
RFD Damage...lost count

HEATWARE
eBay
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1792 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
achc wrote: Who's got an outlet next to their toilet? That's a building code issue
As long as it’s an GFCI outlet, there’s no issue. My certified electrician would never have installed it if it wasn’t up to code.
[OP]
Jan 10, 2005
433 posts
155 upvotes
achc wrote: Who's got an outlet next to their toilet? That's a building code issue
Not sure what you mean here, but I can tell you it's not against code here in Ontario. I had my electrician install an outlet behind every toilet in my new build. Besides getting a few raised eyebrows, no issues (daisy chained to the mandatory GFCI outlet by the sink, aka "dryer plug"). To the plumber and electrician who were questioning the extra cost, I said just wait, this will be the norm in a few years when people catch up ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1792 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
If still not sure, watch this little video..

Mar 18, 2008
533 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto
MANGLER wrote: Not sure what you mean here, but I can tell you it's not against code here in Ontario. I had my electrician install an outlet behind every toilet in my new build. Besides getting a few raised eyebrows, no issues (daisy chained to the mandatory GFCI outlet by the sink, aka "dryer plug"). To the plumber and electrician who were questioning the extra cost, I said just wait, this will be the norm in a few years when people catch up ;)
You are most definitely correct.

The current configuration of my outlets and washroom walls would require too many dry wall cuts. So I’m just waiting for my next house so I can put in some outlets near the toilet when I reno it.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2337 posts
783 upvotes
Mississauga
Gonna start a full bathroom reno next week.. I ordered the Toto Carlyle which has the c200 concealed... was expensive .. but can't wait to try it out.
Feb 27, 2004
242 posts
163 upvotes
I’ve been using this for a few days now. No premist, seat light, or dryer like the higher end models. One issue is that the warm water quickly loses temperature since this is a tank model and not the newer style that uses instantaneous water heating. It never gets cold, but the temp definitely drops off.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21869 posts
162272 upvotes
GTA
Yeah, for another washroom I bought a manual one and it has no hot water connection / heater. I'm led to believe that it's not as bad as people often think as the water really isn't all that cold anyway (coming from water already in the interior pipes) unless you run it for a while.