Expired Hot Deals

[Costco.ca] True Religion Straight Jeans - $47.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2019 7:34 pm
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
234 posts
612 upvotes
Waterloo

True Religion Straight Jeans - $47.99

Deal Link:
Price:
$47.99
Retailer:
Costco.ca
I know these were found in person for $43.99 in Oakville, but they have them online too now for $4 more.

Don't downvote just because you hate True Religion or they are overpriced or outdated jeans. Still a good deal as I find them comfy and still a decent pair of jeans for under $50. They retail for $280 regular on their website, but I know they go on sale a lot but still only for $114 and they do not have a lot of sizes. Let's just enjoy the days of not having to pay $300 for these like we did 10 years ago.

Still a hot deal in my opinion for someone who likes a good quality straight jean. Come in blue or dark blue.
28 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 8, 2011
1304 posts
3967 upvotes
*checks calendar*
It’s not 2006 anymore
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1192 upvotes
Vancouver
Need to believe a religion in order to wear those?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1145 posts
1192 upvotes
Toronto
I saw these in person, they really dont look that great in real....
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 7, 2014
1225 posts
1497 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Thecheapindian wrote: Don't downvote just because you hate True Religion or they are overpriced or outdated jeans.
Not criticizing the deal, since I actually like some TR stuff, so this is more of a theoretical deal question:

Subjectivity is one thing (loving/hating TR), and overpriced is probably up to the individual buyer, but wouldn't being an outdated style negate the "value" of the deal? The value of the deal comes from the use-case of the product at the current time of purchasing, which many would argue, is an outdated style (not product).

I'm not sure what prompted this train of thought lol it's been a long day. I really didn't expect to be posting about the philosophy of value on RFD today...let alone based on a pair of jeans :facepalm:
Sr. Member
Dec 2, 2004
926 posts
766 upvotes
Looks like Costco is the new Winners with online presence ... liquidator of old / outdated fashion ...
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 26, 2010
1373 posts
857 upvotes
Land
I thought the jeans had a cross or something religion on it..


Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
. . . .

Be Nice...

. . . .
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 19, 2014
2947 posts
1868 upvotes
Langley
Kfox wrote: Thanks OP, your post led me to finding dark blue Levi's I like for $33 https://www.costco.ca/Levis-514-Men's-S ... 79921.html
I'd take Levi's over TR any day of the week. Heck, I would take Levi's over anything, always. Levi's are, and will always be timeless. The TR signature pocket was "cool" back in the day, now it's not.

Levi's are just as comfy and you will be able to wear them for the rest of your life. Stick to Levi's
Jr. Member
Sep 16, 2014
102 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver
I remember paying $200+ each for these in my younger days (RFD was in the infant stages at the time) Should have sold them when I had the chance.

Is that still a thing to be paying $200+ for jeans or did everyone catch on
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2460 posts
1776 upvotes
Prince George
jellytime wrote: I'd take Levi's over TR any day of the week. Heck, I would take Levi's over anything, always. Levi's are, and will always be timeless. The TR signature pocket was "cool" back in the day, now it's not.

Levi's are just as comfy and you will be able to wear them for the rest of your life. Stick to Levi's
I’ve had some serious durability issues with Levi’s recently. The 514s from Costco do seem to be holding up OK but other styles (505 etc.) have all ripped at the corner of the back pocket or worn through in the crotch after a very minimal amount of walking.

They don’t make em like they used to.
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
719 posts
1755 upvotes
Thecheapindian wrote: I know these were found in person for $43.99 in Oakville, but they have them online too now for $4 more.

Don't downvote just because you hate True Religion or they are overpriced or outdated jeans. Still a good deal as I find them comfy and still a decent pair of jeans for under $50. They retail for $280 regular on their website, but I know they go on sale a lot but still only for $114 and they do not have a lot of sizes. Let's just enjoy the days of not having to pay $300 for these like we did 10 years ago.

Still a hot deal in my opinion for someone who likes a good quality straight jean. Come in blue or dark blue.
Downvoted because overpriced for what they are and it's quality. Saw them at Costco and it felt really thin and cheap and was way too baggy.

"Don't downvote just because you hate True Religion or they are overpriced or outdated jeans."

I can downvote if they are overpriced and/or outdated. That's why there's an option for not a good price.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)