Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Costco.ca - Wood train set w table $79.99 shipped (Confirmed Cold Deal. See update.)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2009 10:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
1116 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Costco.ca - Wood train set w table $79.99 shipped (Confirmed Cold Deal. See update.)

Spotted this deal in the Nov/Dec Costco.ca mailing last week:

KidKraft Whichway Junction Train set $79.99 shipped (with return/exchange to any Costco warehouse).

For the price, the product page states that you also get a 49.3 in. x 35 in. x 17.5 in. train table. Costco made an error on their product page and this set does not include a table. What is included are 104 pieces of tracks, trains, etc. Tracks compatible with Brio / Thomas / Imaginarium.

If the quality is as good as competing wood train sets / tables, then for the price it's a good deal. (Thomas / Imaginarium tracks alone run you $40, and tables over $100).

I've ordered one and hope to get it by end of the week. Will let people know if it's any good.

Update (Nov 10, 2009)
I received the product today and it does not include a table. What you get is exactly what you find at other retailers selling the "Which way junction" set (tracks, mat, trains, but no table).

I'll be calling Costco tomorrow as their product page clearly states a table.

Update 2 (Nov 14, 2009) - Cold deal.
I never got a return call from costco.ca about this item, but the website now now has the table specs removed from the description. Consider this a cold deal.

A comparative deal is the Imaginarium Mountain Pass set on sale at TRU for $77 until Nov 19 and you don't need a membership.
15 replies
Jan 28, 2002
645 posts
107 upvotes
Ayumix wrote: For the price, you also get a 49.3 in. x 35 in. x 17.5 in. train table (the product page only shows the tracks and the play mat).
Just wondering how this info was attained.... and if anyone else has confirmation. cheers.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
1116 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
On the product page under "Details", it lists a table with the dimensions.

Also the shipping weight as reported on the product page states "Weight: 26.8 kg (59 lb.)". Sounds more than just tracks and a few trains.

Again, I've ordered this and waiting to see what exactly shows up at the door. I hope it's a wood table at least, and not a plastic one.
Aug 29, 2005
664 posts
46 upvotes
I'd be interested to know if there is a table included as well.
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1378 upvotes
Kanata
Love the Mr. Sparkle avatar - best Simpsons episode ever! :cheesygri

We decided to get our kids a whole bunch of IKEA train sets and they construct the most amazing networks of tracks, bridges, stations, tunnels - something different every day. We also made a train table for them but they never use it - they seem to prefer the wide open floor, and the ability to create something new each time.

Something to consider. You can get 3 IKEA sets and a bridge/train set for $75 and go nuts...

That said, this is a cute layout - better than most...
Apr 4, 2003
474 posts
6 upvotes
Calgary
If someone can confirm whether a table is actually included, that would be great.
Oct 18, 2005
117 posts
Aug 10, 2009
62 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga
It tells you right on the spesifications page on the costco website

Table dimensions (L x W x H):
125.1 cm x 88.9 cm x 44.5 cm
(49.3 in. x 35 in. x 17.5 in.)

Play-board dimensions (L x W):
81.3 cm x 121.9 cm
(32 in. x 48 in.)

Weight: 26.8 kg (59 lb.)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
1116 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
UPDATE:

I got the product today and it does not include a table!!

I'll be calling Costco tomorrow to clarify if there was a missing box or if this is it.

Cold deal if $79.99 just includes the tracks and train (TRU had a better deal on Imaginarium stuff a few weeks ago).

I'll update the first post now...
Dec 7, 2006
35 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond
Thanks OP for the updates. I was going to order it after checking out the same set (with table) cost $179.99 at Richmond Costco store. It is too good to be true that if it cost $100 less online plus free shipping. Yes, the description on their website was misleading. :confused:
Jan 28, 2002
645 posts
107 upvotes
leunt000 wrote: Thanks OP for the updates. I was going to order it after checking out the same set (with table) cost $179.99 at Richmond Costco store. It is too good to be true that if it cost $100 less online plus free shipping. Yes, the description on their website was misleading. :confused:
Anyone know the product number of the one in store?
Aug 29, 2005
664 posts
46 upvotes
Ayumix wrote: UPDATE:

I got the product today and it does not include a table!!

I'll be calling Costco tomorrow to clarify if there was a missing box or if this is it.

Cold deal if $79.99 just includes the tracks and train (TRU had a better deal on Imaginarium stuff a few weeks ago).

I'll update the first post now...
Too bad it doesn't come with a table. Thanks for the update.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
1116 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
Confirmed cold deal. Costco updated their product page after this was brought to their attention (and they never returned my call when they said they would :confused: ).

If you're still hunting for a deal on train sets, TRU has an imaginarium set on sale this week.
Mar 1, 2008
644 posts
31 upvotes
I see a train set and table listed on the costco.ca website for $159.99

KidKraft Waterfall
Mountain Train
and Table Set
Item # 142732
Be the first to write a review.
Share this Product:

$159.99
Shipping & Handling included
The estimated delivery time will be approximately
3 - 5 business days from the time of order.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2003
1698 posts
1801 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like they goofed up on this one as well:

KidKraft® Space Station
Train Set

Item # 199508

$89.99

With this exciting space-themed train set, kids get to explore deep space and go on wild adventures without even leaving the house.

Features:

100 colourful pieces
Dozens of glow-in-the-dark pieces including vehicles, building, furniture, rockets, aliens and the UFO
Long, winding track taking space travelers from one end of the galaxy to the other
Moving crane
Made of MDF
Compatible with Thomas & Friends wooden train sets and Brio® wooden train sets (not included)
Specifications:

Table dimensions (L x W x H):
125.1 cm x 88.9 cm x 44.5 cm
(49.25 in. x 35 in. x 17.5 in.)

Play-board dimensions (L x W):
81.3 cm x 121.9 cm
(32 in. x 48 in.)
Weight: 26.8 kg (59 lb.)
Warranty:

1 year
[Model 17471]

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.asp ... 7*&topnav=