Hot Deals

[Costco] CaddyTek Golf Carts - Back in stock $129.99 to $199.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2021 5:50 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 10, 2008
4883 posts
1481 upvotes

[Costco] CaddyTek Golf Carts - Back in stock $129.99 to $199.99

CaddyTek golf carts are back in stock on Costco.ca
Not a discount deal, but these can be hard to find

CaddyTek 3-wheel with swivel front
$199.99
28 in stock as of this post
https://www.costco.ca/caddytek-3-wheel- ... 27611.html

CaddyTek V8
$189.99
73 in stock as of this post
https://www.costco.ca/caddytek-caddylit ... 65317.html

CaddyTek V3
$129.99
72 in stock as of this post
https://www.costco.ca/caddytek-superlit ... 65399.html
Let's hug it out
21 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1924 posts
377 upvotes
Alberta
Friend convinced me to pick up the V3 and it's been a game changer!
Room to store items and at hand.
Less tired so I think I play better.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 1, 2006
1229 posts
4 upvotes
Does anyone have comments regarding 3 wheels vs 4 wheels?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 31, 2008
1774 posts
872 upvotes
Waterloo
seekay wrote: Does anyone have comments regarding 3 wheels vs 4 wheels?
Three wheel is bigger, sits much wider. I really like it but the brake is annoying to reach. Zero concerns that this thing would ever fall over, even when I let it roll down a hill by itself.

Father in law has four wheeler and loves it. Very narrow and well designed product, brake is much easier to reach. I can't comment on stability though.

All in all, you can't go wrong with either.
Living in Ontario and Looking to save money on groceries? Check out my Grocery Flyer Highlight Thread Here!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 1, 2006
1512 posts
777 upvotes
Edmonton
Baconator wrote: Three wheel is bigger, sits much wider. I really like it but the brake is annoying to reach. Zero concerns that this thing would ever fall over, even when I let it roll down a hill by itself.

Father in law has four wheeler and loves it. Very narrow and well designed product, brake is much easier to reach. I can't comment on stability though.

All in all, you can't go wrong with either.
Thanks, just ordered the Silver 4 wheeler @ 189. Surprised it folds up a decent amount smaller than the 3 wheeler
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1570 posts
4006 upvotes
Pawtucket
I've had both the 3-wheel and 4-wheel pushcarts. It's just a matter of preference. Can't really go wrong with either. Bought the 4-wheel Explorer V8 for $129.99 at Costco last week so you may want to check your local one if they have any in stock since it is cheaper in store.
https://www.costco.ca/caddytek-caddycru ... 65338.html
It's pretty light, easy to fold and more compact than most 3-wheel ones in this price range. You can adjust the width of the front wheels to accommodate larger bags or increase the stability. It's easy to maneuver and seems pretty well made. Brakes are easily accessible and the storage pockets are a nice feature to have. Happy with the purchase.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1254 posts
174 upvotes
redboy69 wrote: I've had both the 3-wheel and 4-wheel pushcarts. It's just a matter of preference. Can't really go wrong with either. Bought the 4-wheel Explorer V8 for $129.99 at Costco last week so you may want to check your local one if they have any in stock since it is cheaper in store.
https://www.costco.ca/caddytek-caddycru ... 65338.html
It's pretty light, easy to fold and more compact than most 3-wheel ones in this price range. You can adjust the width of the front wheels to accommodate larger bags or increase the stability. It's easy to maneuver and seems pretty well made. Brakes are easily accessible and the storage pockets are a nice feature to have. Happy with the purchase.
Thanks for the write up. Can the cup holder accommodate a standard sized tall boy?
Jr. Member
Nov 15, 2019
117 posts
100 upvotes
I've got the 4 wheel. I like it. I'd probably give it 4/5. The bag sits pretty upright and I find the center of gravity high. I've had it tip over once or twice on fairly minor slopes. It's definitely worth installing the bungee cords to secure the top of your golf bag. I'm pretty tall so I wish the handle was slightly longer. Sometimes I step on the wheels with my normal stride.

The cooler bag, umbrella holder, card holder, mesh bag, and plastic container are all excellent additions.

Edit: The cup holder is also good, but I worry one day that it will break. It's just plastic after all. Holds a tall boy, small boy, coffee cup, yeti cup, travel cup, etc.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1570 posts
4006 upvotes
Pawtucket
Corinthein wrote: Thanks for the write up. Can the cup holder accommodate a standard sized tall boy?
Yes, the cupholder can expand to accommodate one. It is also removeable. One thing I also like is the way the umbrella holder is designed. You can swivel the angle of the holder and there is a "clamp" to secure the umbrella in place. My 3-wheel Sun Mountain Speed cart had the rubber "elastic" that didn't really secure the umbrella properly and I found it bouncing around a lot.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1924 posts
377 upvotes
Alberta
redboy69 wrote: Yes, the cupholder can expand to accommodate one. It is also removeable. One thing I also like is the way the umbrella holder is designed. You can swivel the angle of the holder and there is a "clamp" to secure the umbrella in place. My 3-wheel Sun Mountain Speed cart had the rubber "elastic" that didn't really secure the umbrella properly and I found it bouncing around a lot.
Also nice that there's a storage location for the umbrella holder when you don't need it.
Jr. Member
Mar 5, 2011
164 posts
137 upvotes
Chiming in here with my experience with the V8.

I was going to get a Clicgear 4.0, but saw the Costco cart online when a friend asked about the $130 ones in store. I figured if I didn't like it, I could always return it.

I'm really glad I bought it. In my opinion it's 90 percent of the Clicgear at almost $150 less. That's enough cash to put towards a club upgrade or a bunch of balls. Or even buying a cart bag to match the purchase.

My only gripe as mentioned before is the brake. A hand brake is way nicer to use. The way I justify the more annoying brake is that there are no cables to wear/replace.

If you're an accessories guy, you're also out of luck. The attachment points on the Caddytek are different enough that you can't really use Clicgear accessories. The Cup Holder XL was a really tight fit, but you could make it work.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 10, 2008
4883 posts
1481 upvotes
I ended up buying the $200 3-wheel with the swivel front wheel, primarily because I really liked the BOB stroller (vs. 4 wheel versions or a fixed front wheel).

Not sure how the foot break works on the CaddyTek, but again, if it's like a BOB stroller, I can't see that ever breaking.
Let's hug it out
Newbie
Dec 4, 2008
44 posts
16 upvotes
seekay wrote: Does anyone have comments regarding 3 wheels vs 4 wheels?
Personally I really enjoy the 3 wheel with swivel wheel. Some of my course has rope/stakes next to the cart path with openings every 30 yards or so, and the swivel wheel makes it substantially easier to maneouver into the fairway.
Newbie
May 7, 2015
85 posts
30 upvotes
Newmarket
I got the 4 wheel explorer v8 a few months back and had a chance to use it 5 times now this season; I do wish i got the 3 wheel swivel instead as its nice to not have to lift the front to turn or pivot.

Foot brake is annoying as hell; looks solid and doubt it'll break too easily though.

Price is definitely good value. the build quality looks good and the fact its sold by costco just gives me some reassurance that it'd be easy to exchange, warranty or replace. Folded up, its a nice unit, not too heavy and if you're desperate, you can take the wheels off.


Cupholder is the one area i'd improve upon. Its nice that it expands but the fact its just a piece of plastic that expands seems fragile to me. That being said, it accommodates my yeti colster and travel mug no problem.

I've actually got a playeagle 4 wheel unit i purchased from china before the last restock at costco (3.5 months to get here), but the CT has performed pretty well so i may just keep it. (also the playeagle doesnt come with a cupholder so i'd need to spend to get one of those.)
Member
May 22, 2014
391 posts
264 upvotes
i am too lazy to golf without a cart :)
driving the cart is half the fun for me, probably because I am a terrible golfer
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2529 posts
2082 upvotes
Markham
Driving this past weekend was a godsend because it was so hot. However, I am loving my V8 for the walking days. I agree with others that the brake is a little annoying to have to reach for.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Sr. Member
Oct 27, 2009
633 posts
433 upvotes
Hamilton
HDawg wrote: Driving this past weekend was a godsend because it was so hot. However, I am loving my V8 for the walking days. I agree with others that the brake is a little annoying to have to reach for.
Do any of these have the handbrake?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 1, 2006
1512 posts
777 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone's ship yet? Seems like Amazon had stock and is now all gone and everything backordered to Jul 16 for new units. Wouldn't surprise me if CaddyTek did the same thing with Costco and that was the date they were expecting shipment from China, but who knows.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2529 posts
2082 upvotes
Markham
stimy wrote: Do any of these have the handbrake?
My V8 has a small lever to step on to brake. Can’t speak about the others.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 10, 2008
4883 posts
1481 upvotes
Carbo wrote: Anyone's ship yet? Seems like Amazon had stock and is now all gone and everything backordered to Jul 16 for new units. Wouldn't surprise me if CaddyTek did the same thing with Costco and that was the date they were expecting shipment from China, but who knows.
Ordered it on the 7th. No update since.
Let's hug it out

Top