Callaway Edge 10-piece Golf Set $649.99 - Back in stock

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2021 8:11 am
[OP]
Sep 28, 2009
230 posts
125 upvotes

[Costco] Callaway Edge 10-piece Golf Set $649.99 - Back in stock

Not a deal but noticed that the Callaway Edge golf sets were back in stock for the unisex, mens, and womens 10-piece sets.

Callaway Edge 10-piece Golf Set - 649.99
Callaway Edge 10-piece Golf Set, Womens - 699.99
Callaway Edge 10-piece Golf Set, Mens - 699.99
38 replies
Dec 27, 2017
143 posts
95 upvotes
No love for us lefties (the correct side ;) )

Also only 6 thru 9 irons???

I guess for a beginner set
May 18, 2010
104 posts
37 upvotes
Port Elgin, Ontario
jgaleazza wrote: No love for us lefties (the correct side ;) )

Also only 6 thru 9 irons???

I guess for a beginner set
With the hybrid most players, particularly beginners would never miss the 3,4,5 irons. Decent set from all reviews.
Dec 13, 2002
59 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Thx OP. Finally able to get my wife a set.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2014
1008 posts
348 upvotes
Pickering, ON
No Lefty love.

Any recommendations on super cheap set?
I've played once over 10 years ago. However a few set of friends of mine started playing and I wanna join in the fun.

What length should I get as I'm 6'1".
Nov 20, 2018
62 posts
48 upvotes
I would stick with standard, I've been told many times that people who are typically 6'4" and taller add some length to their clubs. I am 6'1" as well and use standard. Hope this is helpful!
SleepyEyez wrote: No Lefty love.

I've played once over 10 years ago. However a few set of friends of mine started playing and I wanna join in the fun.

Feb 24, 2019
25 posts
19 upvotes
SleepyEyez wrote: No Lefty love.

This will likely go on sale shortly
Sportchek
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2014
1008 posts
348 upvotes
Pickering, ON
cano8030 wrote: This will likely go on sale shortly
Sportchek
What's a good price?

Are they decent? Or will I have to replace them in a year?
Dec 23, 2011
317 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
SleepyEyez wrote: What's a good price?

Are they decent? Or will I have to replace them in a year?
Very decent, if you plan on playing a lot or taking dedicated lessons, might be worthwhile to invest in a fitting and get *better* clubs.

Golf is super popular this year so sign up for a fitting soon or it'll be in the off-season.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2014
1008 posts
348 upvotes
Pickering, ON
agentg88 wrote:
Very decent, if you plan on playing a lot or taking dedicated lessons, might be worthwhile to invest in a fitting and get *better* clubs.

Golf is super popular this year so sign up for a fitting soon or it'll be in the off-season.
Thanks for the advice.... I think the cheap set will do just fine. I'm sure I will kick the snot out of my over weight friends.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1311 posts
588 upvotes
SleepyEyez wrote: Thanks for the advice.... I think the cheap set will do just fine. I'm sure I will kick the snot out of my over weight friends.
The $350 sets from Amazon from Wilson are okay as a beginner set. Quality may be questionable but resale value is ok once you move to more fitted clubs.
Another suggestion would be checking out sites such as pinemeadow or gigagolf who offer their own clubs which are clones of name brand but work great for beginners. They can shorten/lengthen the club per your height/arm length, as well as adjust lie angles for you and usually have a satisfaction guarantee. Only downside is there's no resale value in them since they aren't name brand but you're spending less than $300 for a full iron/wedge set matched to your proportions. Set should last you until your swing is good enough to spend for a true club fitting and set.

Highly recommend beginners at least take a few lessons from an instructor or pro, otherwise they will waste their time on the range engraining bad habits.
Sep 24, 2010
223 posts
76 upvotes
Regina, SK
I had last year's set, only difference appears to be that they were black and green instead of black and gold. I bought them in the middle of September last year and 3 weeks ago the driver broke. The face caved in and the head cracked right along the top of the face. I had only played somewhere between 20-25 rounds with them. So beware. However, seeing as these were from Costco, I was able to return the set for a full refund.

For beginner/entry level clubs they work ok but I was surprised not even to get a year out of them.

When the driver broke, my golfing partner said his did the same thing to him the year before as he previously had the same set.

Also, I too recommend beginners take at least a lesson or two. I only started playing last fall when I bought these and I was lucky to find a group lesson package and it made a big difference.
Oct 2, 2016
148 posts
415 upvotes
I agree with everyone saying to spend money on lessons. It saved me from spending YEARS doing the wrong things and cut out all the YouTube lessons noise…

On that note beware of YouTube. The content creators have all incentive to make golf seem difficult and are always chugging out new videos about “THE ONE MOVE YOU NEED TO HIT STRAIGHTER SHOTS” that will have you change your swing so many times and have you question yourself perpetually
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1517 posts
2069 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Bought now will think later lol, thanks OP.

I've been using my piecemeal set for about 12 years now, so figured I could use the upgrade.

Will test these out at the range and if I like em I'll go for a fitting.
May 28, 2018
115 posts
120 upvotes
I can agree that even after watching tens of hours of YouTube videos thinking I can piece all the major themes together, there is nothing like the direct feedback of lessons.

Although I had a lot of ok understanding of many things like address, grip, club face rotation, etc from the videos, the very basics of a loose grip, fluid, hinging-wrist golf swing was something that escaped me and that my instructor was able to point out almost immediately. Completely revolutionized what I was doing
Oct 27, 2009
41 posts
4 upvotes
Waterloo
taximan87 wrote: I can agree that even after watching tens of hours of YouTube videos thinking I can piece all the major themes together, there is nothing like the direct feedback of lessons.

Although I had a lot of ok understanding of many things like address, grip, club face rotation, etc from the videos, the very basics of a loose grip, fluid, hinging-wrist golf swing was something that escaped me and that my instructor was able to point out almost immediately. Completely revolutionized what I was doing
Who did you go to? I went for a couple of lessons but my teacher was not the best. Didn't really explain much to me (I'm in Toronto btw).
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1604 posts
301 upvotes
picked this up last time it was in stock - great purchase and all the clubs feel solid
May 28, 2018
115 posts
120 upvotes
stupidity wrote: Who did you go to? I went for a couple of lessons but my teacher was not the best. Didn't really explain much to me (I'm in Toronto btw).
I'm in Montreal so probably not useful information.

That being said there are things I wish my instructor did a bit better like giving me some better non golf drills to "feel" the motions and build muscle memory. But he at least helps me identify what I'm doing wrong on mishits and where to focus.
[OP]
Sep 28, 2009
230 posts
125 upvotes
Anybody know of any good teachers in Mississauga/Oakville region?