• Sep 20th, 2021 10:07 am
[OP]
Sep 14, 2018
4 posts
24 upvotes

[Costco] Callaway Edge 10 piece Set $649.99 BACK IN STOCK

https://www.costco.ca/callaway-edge-10- ... 49344.html

Great deal for a beginner set of clubs
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 14th, 2021 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
42 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2935 posts
2334 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Thanks for posting, but please put "golf clubs" in the title. To non-golfers it sounds like it's probably a knife set.

Thanks
Feb 22, 2018
306 posts
341 upvotes
gta
OakAged wrote: Thanks for posting, but please put "golf clubs" in the title. To non-golfers it sounds like it's probably a knife set.

Thanks
Ah, yes. I really enjoy my Callaway knives.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2935 posts
2334 upvotes
GTA Ontario
JACliffe wrote: Ah, yes. I really enjoy my Callaway knives.
If you can explain why you think non-golfers would be familiar with the name Callaway, please do.
Thanks.
Jun 19, 2011
116 posts
147 upvotes
WINNIPEG
So you come in to complain about a thread title - why? It wastes your time looking at the post itself?
Aug 30, 2017
10 posts
2 upvotes
A question for golf experts on here. Would you buy this steel shafts set or wait for graphite ones if you skillset is beginner/intermediate?
Also wonder what the chances are that Costco gets graphite ones this late in golf season.
Apr 18, 2007
517 posts
357 upvotes
SimonL556 wrote: Bought this set of iron at GolfTown yesterday :

https://www.golftown.com/en-CA/clubs/ir ... 77704.html

I have a TM Burner Driver and Kirkland wedges/putter. Could someone advise if the Callaway set would be worth it solely for the hybrids/iron ?
In terms of value, the Callaway set is really hard to beat. Only thing really missing is like a 3/4 hybrid to fill the gap between the 3 wood and the 5 hybrid.

if you can return the Cobra set and the Kirkland Putter (and wedges if you're a beginner), I'd do that and pick this up.
Apr 18, 2007
517 posts
357 upvotes
Silversun wrote: A question for golf experts on here. Would you buy this steel shafts set or wait for graphite ones if you skillset is beginner/intermediate?
Also wonder what the chances are that Costco gets graphite ones this late in golf season.
I think it's more a personal thing. I personally prefer steel shafts as it has a better weight/feel to it. Graphite is lighter in weight so it's generally better for people who aren't as physically strong.

Do note that the Driver/3Wood/5Hybrid are still graphite shafts, it's only the irons that are steel shafted on this set.
Aug 30, 2017
10 posts
2 upvotes
Arcticsilverfox wrote: I think it's more a personal thing. I personally prefer steel shafts as it has a better weight/feel to it. Graphite is lighter in weight so it's generally better for people who aren't as physically strong.

Do note that the Driver/3Wood/5Hybrid are still graphite shafts, it's only the irons that are steel shafted on this set.
Thank you so much. I'm also thinking of buying Kirkland Signature High-Performance 3-Piece Wedge Set, which as far as I can tell is steel shafts too("carbon steel"). So the material in the irons in this set would be similar to the material in these wedges? That would a benefit to have irons and wedges that are both steel and similar weight?
Apr 7, 2007
740 posts
242 upvotes
Calgary, AB
So when you buy clubs don't the shafts need to be sized to your height? I used to be into golf many years ago and I bought a set of ping "clones" - the place I bought them at added custom sized shafts and they weren't that expensive. Want to get back into golf. Seems like a good deal OP!
Dec 28, 2017
73 posts
92 upvotes
I bought this set and am very happy with it. Replaced a very old hand me down set. Definitely an upgrade and feel they are much more forgiving.
Also picked up the Kirkland wedges last week. Tried them on the range and really liked them. Haven't tried them in a real game yet though...
Overall satisfied with both purchases.

Also just bought this training tool the other day. Supposed to help your swing... good reviews on Amazon. Similar to another popular product called the orange whip which is double the price.

https://www.costco.ca/.product.1465359. ... ed_product
Jan 5, 2018
95 posts
93 upvotes
BugMeNot
Ummm can everyone stop buying these from Costco???

So we can grab them half-off their retail price, kind of like in

2018 costco-callaway-10-piece-golf-clubs-399 ... e-2206587/
2016 costco-callaway-x2-hot-9-piece-golf-set ... s-2013077/
2012 costco-ca-callaway-x24-mens-11-piece-go ... t-1160050/

We're due for another round...

BUT if you're looking to buy these, try promo code "BONUS2021" for a $100 voucher
As a lurker I misread the signature as part of the post every time, because the divider is so indistinguishable.
Jul 31, 2013
59 posts
27 upvotes
OakAged wrote: Thanks for posting, but please put "golf clubs" in the title. To non-golfers it sounds like it's probably a knife set.

Thanks
..the first thing that came to my mind was a set of knives :O
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4506 posts
3592 upvotes
Toronto
LadyBug420 wrote: Ummm can everyone stop buying these from Costco???

So we can grab them half-off their retail price, kind of like in

2018 costco-callaway-10-piece-golf-clubs-399 ... e-2206587/
2016 costco-callaway-x2-hot-9-piece-golf-set ... s-2013077/
2012 costco-ca-callaway-x24-mens-11-piece-go ... t-1160050/

We're due for another round...

BUT if you're looking to buy these, try promo code "BONUS2021" for a $100 voucher
Promotion "2111325-10840021" is temporarily not available at this time.
Dec 24, 2012
583 posts
820 upvotes
Terrebonne
cheapmother wrote: So when you buy clubs don't the shafts need to be sized to your height? I used to be into golf many years ago and I bought a set of ping "clones" - the place I bought them at added custom sized shafts and they weren't that expensive. Want to get back into golf. Seems like a good deal OP!
Same question here - I'm just getting started with golf. I'm 6'2", are those clubs going to be too short for me?
Apr 18, 2007
517 posts
357 upvotes
Silversun wrote: Thank you so much. I'm also thinking of buying Kirkland Signature High-Performance 3-Piece Wedge Set, which as far as I can tell is steel shafts too("carbon steel"). So the material in the irons in this set would be similar to the material in these wedges? That would a benefit to have irons and wedges that are both steel and similar weight?
I would hold off on the wedge set if you get this set as it already comes with a pitching and sand wedge. The Kirkland set (which I actually own/use) comes with a 60 Degree lofted wedge (aka "lob wedge") but I generally don't recommend beginners to attempt using that club. So the only other benefit would be the 52 Degree lofted wedge (aka "gap wedge") which is not all that far off from the pitching wedge.

The more important thing is to take time to actually learn how to swing first, whether it be taking lessons/asking a friend who's good to help you get started/watching youtube videos/etc. Go to the range, use a 7 or 8 iron to really just learn how to swing first.
Apr 18, 2007
517 posts
357 upvotes
cheapmother wrote: So when you buy clubs don't the shafts need to be sized to your height? I used to be into golf many years ago and I bought a set of ping "clones" - the place I bought them at added custom sized shafts and they weren't that expensive. Want to get back into golf. Seems like a good deal OP!
I think what you're referring to is getting fitted for clubs, but for true beginners this is kind of a waste as their swing isn't really consistent yet to really analyze their motion and fit the clubs. It's a fantastic idea though once your swing becomes consistent, as it helps you really dial in. But for the majority of the casual golfers, it won't really won't do much to improve their overall game; Lessons are far more valuable for that imo.