Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Canada Prime Beef Brisket ($9.99/kg) YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2020 10:05 am
Aug 27, 2006
531 posts
1180 upvotes
GTA
Drewmar wrote: That is not the point. That is the flat.
That's a WHOLE brisket
They really trimmed all the fat between the Point and the flat.
Apr 26, 2016
27 posts
27 upvotes
I saw some at Ajax about 3 weeks ago, not sure if that's still is the case but I was surprised to see it.
Dec 24, 2018
932 posts
1171 upvotes
Canada
thesubmitter wrote: Harmony beef seems to be halal!!
I asked my friend who works at meat department and he said it's not halal or kosher. Regular meat.
Nov 2, 2007
204 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
I was just at Costco business center in Scarborough. I noticed the brisket was $14.99/lb. However I didn't notice if it was prime or not. I originally took notice because usually it's $9.99/lb.

And also no line up at 9:30am.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7673 posts
10975 upvotes
Scarbs
didnt see any at richmond hill location
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2945 posts
3014 upvotes
Montréal
FlyingSausage wrote: I asked my friend who works at meat department and he said it's not halal or kosher. Regular meat.
Its not always obvious, "regular" meat is possibly halal, its just not advertised. But I might have jumped the gun here! Sorry!
Most lamb is halal, a lot of chicken is and some beef is.
Mostly its just a matter that the animal should be on a vegeterian diet and the last step before butchering is cutting the neck (after stunning) as opposed to a shotgun to head or something.
For chickens there is almost no difference.
Jun 12, 2013
30 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Eglinton location normally just carries Halal, go to Warden or Thorncliffe
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2945 posts
3014 upvotes
Montréal
Yeah 100% of harmony beef products are halal, I confirmed with them. It’s just easier to have one workflow and halal isn’t as strict or costly as kosher and I would argue that the requirement that the animals be vegetarian is important as the opposite was the cause of mad cow disease
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2945 posts
3014 upvotes
Montréal
cissell wrote: Eglinton location normally just carries Halal, go to Warden or Thorncliffe
Almost all Costco have halal stuff but things like wagyu and angus and others are harder to come buy
Jul 11, 2009
853 posts
887 upvotes
Toronto
jonnyk9 wrote: I was just at Costco business center in Scarborough. I noticed the brisket was $14.99/lb. However I didn't notice if it was prime or not. I originally took notice because usually it's $9.99/lb.

And also no line up at 9:30am.
costco business centre often and usually only offers ungraded brisket and other cuts.
Jul 11, 2009
853 posts
887 upvotes
Toronto
LondonAwaits wrote: Sorry for a long smoke you do need a layer of fat to keep the meat moist. That brisket in your photo would not stand against a properly trimmed brisket smoked for 8-12 hours just based on the fat alone.

The long smoke also breaks down the fat into melt in your mouth brisket goo which is absolutely necessary for smoking a brisket.

It depends how you're cooking your brisket
i long smoked a longo's CAB brisket that came like that (pre-trimmed) before, came out pretty dry.

however the breaking down you refer to is not fat, its the collagen connective proteins.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3354 posts
303 upvotes
Calgary
calgaryhhr wrote: Damn that is cheap. Cheaper than last year I think. I hope it is this cheap in Calgary.
Should be. I've seen it for that price, and it tends to swing to $13/kg. Guess we'll find out during tomorrow's morning meeting.
Jul 11, 2009
853 posts
887 upvotes
Toronto
el'ation wrote: I had Costco prime brisket for a couple times and didn't like it.
Way too much fat to trim.

LONGO'S has Angus AAA for $13/kg and barely have anything to trim. Costco brisket I feel I trimmed 1/4 of it.

i smoked a longos CAB brisket before. it was super dissappointing. on top of that, it was actually cut in half on the bottom side, so it was 2 small pieces rather than what was presented as a trimmed point+flat. i wished i returned it.
Jun 6, 2018
48 posts
27 upvotes
Picked one up in Courtenay two weeks ago and cooked it last friday, it was delicious! Didn't realize the $9.99 kg price was special, I remember getting a few last year around the $11-12 mark
Aug 27, 2006
531 posts
1180 upvotes
GTA
JimU wrote: i smoked a longos CAB brisket before. it was super dissappointing. on top of that, it was actually cut in half on the bottom side, so it was 2 small pieces rather than what was presented as a trimmed point+flat. i wished i returned it.
Interesting.
It was beautiful, I bought one last week, and one this week.
I am the OP for the Wagyu post. I saw the Costco brisket for $9.99 when I was there. I've bought it multiple times there . It's cheap but like I said before, you need to trim about 1/4 of it.
No hesitation I drove to Longo's and got the Angus brisket.
Oct 31, 2009
63 posts
29 upvotes
Costco Montreal Bridge location had 4 briskets, but at 12.99/kg. If it was 9.99/kg would have picked one up.
Nov 29, 2003
473 posts
708 upvotes
Mississauga
Costco Laird was 12.99 and Longo's nearby was 15.
Feb 16, 2007
465 posts
218 upvotes
Ontario
Any sightings in Ottawa? Heading to Costco on Friday

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)