[Costco] Canadian Passport/Residency Photo $6.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2019 4:57 pm
[OP]
Dec 15, 2016
119 posts
128 upvotes

[Costco] Canadian Passport/Residency Photo $6.99

This has to be the best passport/residency photo price around. I just got screwed with a passport photo price of $19.99 (per person) at Walmart (in which they said was a sale price, HA). Shoppers Drug Mart has the same glorious sale price of $19.99.

If you have a Costco near you, don't think, just go!!!

Happy travels
36 replies
Dec 4, 2005
260 posts
19 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Is it hot deal? It's regular price in Costco for many years
[OP]
Dec 15, 2016
119 posts
128 upvotes
kartsia wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 8:57 pm
Is it hot deal? It's regular price in Costco for many years
The price doesn't have to be on sale to an amazing/ a great deal, whether its their on sale or regular price. Remember, deals are prices you can't get anywhere else. EVERYONE has a 60% markup on their price. Either way, many people may not be aware and wasting their cash on Walmart and Shoppers et al.
Dec 9, 2017
23 posts
14 upvotes
Be warned that my photo taken at a Toronto Costco was rejected by the goverment for "wrong head size" and "too much shadow"... I guess just make sure you check the photo afterwards. Also yes regular price.
Mar 12, 2018
147 posts
431 upvotes
constructor wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 9:03 pm
Be warned that my photo taken at a Toronto Costco was rejected by the goverment for "wrong head size" and "too much shadow"... I guess just make sure you check the photo afterwards. Also yes regular price.
Did you have to pay to retake the photo?
Jul 23, 2011
241 posts
131 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
constructor wrote:
FYI
Costco will refund.....
Apr 12, 2008
819 posts
211 upvotes
LewisLongshanks wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 9:02 pm
The price doesn't have to be on sale to an amazing/ a great deal, whether its their on sale or regular price. Remember, deals are prices you can't get anywhere else. EVERYONE has a 60% markup on their price. Either way, many people may not be aware and wasting their cash on Walmart and Shoppers et al.
Agreed, and thanks OP. I'm actually in the process of getting a passport, so this thread saved me the time from research.
Nov 3, 2003
581 posts
49 upvotes
Richmond Hill
constructor wrote:
My photo taken at Walmart has been rejected with "too much shadow" or something. Just went in with the letter and they took another one. So it's not like Costco photos are worse.
Sep 28, 2010
38 posts
12 upvotes
I recently got mine done at Wal-Mart for $10. Originally they said price was $22 for 2 copies but I told them it was ridiculous and that even Shoppers was doing it for $15. So I haggled them down to $10. Costco of course still way better deal but if you don't have a membership, try cutting a deal at your local Wal-Mart
Sep 8, 2017
412 posts
969 upvotes
Fyi, if You are in Ontario and have a caa plus or premier membership, you get free passport pics. Otherwise if you have the classic membership it’s $8.50, still cheaper than shoppers and walmart and decent if you don’t have a Costco membership

http://caaneo.ca/travel/you-go/passport-photos
Dec 4, 2005
260 posts
19 upvotes
Richmond Hill
LewisLongshanks wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 9:02 pm
For sure it's best price for passport photos in Canada I think. But every Costco's members know it, I don't think somebody will pay $60+tax for Costco membership just to get passport photos for $6.99
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18594 posts
3212 upvotes
GTA West
I've been using Costco photos for my last 3 passports / visas and everything went smoothly.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9915 posts
1644 upvotes
Hot Dogs are also $1.50 and you get a drink.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic