[Costco] CAP 50 kg (110 lb.) Regular Barbell and Dumbbell Weight Set

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2021 11:01 pm
[OP]
Apr 27, 2008
69 posts
77 upvotes

[Costco] CAP 50 kg (110 lb.) Regular Barbell and Dumbbell Weight Set

CAP Regular 50 kg (110 lb.) weight. The plates are made of solid cast iron, and the bars are made of steel. This is an ideal set for home use. The dumbbell handles and plates can be used for various arm exercises while the 1.52 m (5 ft.) bar and plates can be used for overall strengthening and sculpting of all muscle groups.

Features:
Set includes:
  • 1 x 1.52 m (5 ft.) standard threaded bar
  • 2 x standard dumbbell handles
  • 6 x 1.1 kg (2.5 lb.) 6 x 2.3 kg (5 lb.) and 4 x 4.5 kg (10 lb.) Plates
  • 4 spinlock collars

Model: RWSB-110T
136 replies
Aug 31, 2003
711 posts
159 upvotes
White Rock, BC
For people who don't have home gyms and want something at home but don't want to invest, THIS is what you should get vs. those home gyms/etc. - small, and great price.

Not for me, but good deal for sure - surprised it took Costco this long to get something like this
Jul 4, 2017
126 posts
221 upvotes
I have the exact same set from a different brand, great for home workouts
May 21, 2018
28 posts
29 upvotes
How is the cost of this compared to buying similar products off of kijiji or fb marketplace?
Apr 9, 2020
11 posts
13 upvotes
whoosa wrote: How is the cost of this compared to buying similar products off of kijiji or fb marketplace?
People are demanding 2-3x the price of this for the weights alone right now.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1021 posts
1623 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
Just a quick note, it appears that the total plate weight is 85 lbs, (4*10, 6*5, 6*2.5) so the rest is made up of the barbell and dumbbell. For starting out, you need those anyway so this looks like a pretty good deal for a new set.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
1593 posts
356 upvotes
What is the maximum weight that can be set on each dumbell?
Dec 28, 2007
484 posts
170 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP. Great set for beginners, however, I looked into it and the bar is apparently only ~ 10 lbs based on amazon reviews.

This means that you won't be able to add much weight to it other than what is provided in the set, as it is not the standard bars you'll see at the gym (they weigh about 44 lbs).

Going to skip it as I need heavier stuff, but would be great for my wife or someone who is looking to tone.
Nov 27, 2015
27 posts
30 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
It's so hard to find dumbbell sets with bar. It's great buy since pandemic is still ongoing until early 2022.
Last edited by Ecalr91 on Jan 15th, 2021 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1925 posts
4146 upvotes
Markham
cash_717 wrote: Thanks OP. Great set for beginners, however, I looked into it and the bar is apparently only ~ 10 lbs based on amazon reviews.

This means that you won't be able to add much weight to it other than what is provided in the set, as it is not the standard bars you'll see at the gym (they weigh about 44 lbs).

Going to skip it as I need heavier stuff, but would be great for my wife or someone who is looking to tone.
I'm pretty sure these are 1 inch plates too, so you can't fit them on standard 2 inch sleeves if you upgrade to a standard barbell.

Pretty useless as barbells TBH, basically should be considered as just dumb bells.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2007
1021 posts
1623 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
malaujai wrote: What is the maximum weight that can be set on each dumbell?
The Cap website indicates maximum dumbbell capacity of a similar threaded dumbbell is 100 lbs. I have a similar version to this and you can easily fit 60 in plates (using 10s or 10s and 5s). However, for this set, to have equal dumbbells, you would be limited to 35 lbs each dumbbell due to the number of plates in the set (2*10; 2*5; 2*2.5) .

Cap website: http://capbarbell.com/cap-barbell-regul ... -threaded/

Edit: interestingly, while the limit for the dumbbells is listed, they do not list the limit for the barbell: http://capbarbell.com/cap-standard-threaded-bar-5-feet/
Sep 1, 2018
71 posts
87 upvotes
Thanks for the heads up OP. I really only bought this for the barbell, I'll just end up reselling the rest.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
1111 posts
866 upvotes
Airdrie
Good set for people who don't have handles or a bar yet. Last time I saw these at Walmart the handles were $20/pair and weights were about $1/lb, not sure on the bar.

The deal is really in the fact that it is in stock. After I bought a few things at Walmart they quickly went out of stock and the 25lb plates that sold for $25 had flooded kijiji at $75.

I put a 25lb plate on each side of the dumbell handle, little awkward since the plates are larger but it still felt sturdy and capable with the 50lbs on there.

Not sure which bar this comes with. We have one that is three pieces. Two ends for loading weights and the a connecting sleeve in the middle that secures with Allan keys. To be honest I hate it and never use it because there is so much movement between the pieces. Hopefully this one is a solid 1-piece bar.
Feb 5, 2017
146 posts
119 upvotes
Thanks OP, found some 10 lb plates at walmart for $13ish each, so this will go well. They were the gozone brand.
Sep 23, 2008
804 posts
509 upvotes
Too bad they're not 2-inch plates. :/

Thanks OP!
Selling:
My Soul -- PM Me
Jul 18, 2019
294 posts
773 upvotes
North York ON
whoosa wrote: How is the cost of this compared to buying similar products off of kijiji or fb marketplace?
Just speaking of CAP Barbell 1" weights.

You can check the Walmart app every morning and get lucky when they restock. They go for $1 and a bit per pound. On Kijiji, people are reselling Walmart stock for $2-4 per pound.

These are about $2 per pound so it is not the best price. But it isn't the worst either.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2016
1429 posts
1258 upvotes
This is still a little pricey but is so much better than that gimmicky overpriced bowflex 2 dumbell set at 1/3 of the price. I still can't believe what I was reading in that thread. People going absolutely nuts trying to take day off work to go drop $500 on the 2 dumbells. Asking others to buy it for them for $100+ extra. Telling stories how the bowflex dumbells completely changed their lives and were the best things they ever bought.
I know we are all itching to go back to the gym and get some lifting on but c'mon guys.