• Feb 25th, 2020 10:10 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 26, 2013
512 posts
37 upvotes

Costco capital one CC extended warranty question

I bought a coffee grinder and it came with a 3 year manufacture warranty written on the box and I paid for it with my costco capital one mastercard, so what coverage would I get from the Capial One CC in this case? Would I get 5 year warranty since it doubles original warranty up to 2 years(3 years original+2 years CC)? Or Since the appliance is already over 2 year warranty from the start, I get no extended coverage from the CC?
3 replies
Nov 28, 2019
471 posts
211 upvotes
johnnyh55 wrote: I bought a coffee grinder and it came with a 3 year manufacture warranty written on the box and I paid for it with my costco capital one mastercard, so what coverage would I get from the Capial One CC in this case? Would I get 5 year warranty since it doubles original warranty up to 2 years(3 years original+2 years CC)? Or Since the appliance is already over 2 year warranty from the start, I get no extended coverage from the CC?
I have the Capital One Aspire Card (Grandfathered) and I phoned in once years ago and asked about this and they told me that if the warranty from the manufacturer is 2+ years already then no extra warranty is given.
Feb 18, 2019
507 posts
659 upvotes
johnnyh55 wrote: doubles original warranty up to 2 years
As above poster said, if original warranty is already 2 years, then you don't get anything additional.
Oct 13, 2008
112 posts
26 upvotes
Markham
I had the same question.

I have the Costco Capital One CC. (there are many Capitol One CCs - not all have the same benefits)

I just purchased a Bosch dishwasher which has a 2 year warranty.

I called into Capitol One, who in turn transferred me to the insurance company that deals with the warranty, I believe it was World Travel.

They confirmed that I would get 2 more years warranty. Total of 4.