Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Carbon Fiber Trekking Poles - $20

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2019 6:43 am
[OP]
Banned
Mar 27, 2018
308 posts
266 upvotes

[Costco] Carbon Fiber Trekking Poles - $20

I think original price was $40 and now $24.97
Dixie/Dundas Mississauga location

$55 on Amazon

Last edited by zinful on Jul 24th, 2018 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
149 replies
May 2, 2013
25 posts
31 upvotes
Kitchener
I saw those in Costco the other day. They are not lighter than my black diamond alumium poles despite these poles are made of carbon fibre.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5331 posts
2167 upvotes
Kitchener
there were a couple at kitchener costco.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Nov 14, 2014
244 posts
315 upvotes
Saw them at Burlington Costco as well. There were probably couple of dozens left.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2006
1234 posts
923 upvotes
Edmonton
gd2812 wrote: I saw those in Costco the other day. They are not lighter than my black diamond alumium poles despite these poles are made of carbon fibre.
Black diamond aluminum poles are $100-$175 and these are $25.... For most people’s uses, the little bit of extra weight is not noticeable nor makes a difference.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
17018 posts
12417 upvotes
Toronto
zinful wrote: I think original price was $40 and now $24.97

$55 on Amazon

p1nkaholic wrote: Which costco did you see this at?
Sep 5, 2008
995 posts
1083 upvotes
West Kelowna, BC
Highly reviewed by Andrew Skurka... a man who has 10's of thousands of miles thru-hiking (also wrote a gear book for National Geographic which is great).

https://andrewskurka.com/2015/cascade-m ... es-review/

Also, FYI at Costco Burnaby they were still full price. I have two sets of these and also Black Diamond Carbon Z-Poles which are much lighter, but fragile and not adjustable.
Sep 2, 2007
757 posts
258 upvotes
Just came back from China and used a pair of these

These poles do not have the twist lock but use clip type locks

Many of our fellow travelers bought those with a twist type lock
Virtually everyone had problems
Oct 1, 2008
175 posts
89 upvotes
Vancouver
Many left at Sunday Winston Churchill location missisdauga
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5746 posts
1452 upvotes
+1 to these. Flip locks are good as long as you tighten them before starting your hike.

Never had the pole slip/retract, for the price (even at original $50) it is worth it. $25 for these is a bargain, esp with the different accessories included.

They aren't as light as some other CF poles, but they can't be beat for value. These are ~15oz per pair, which is comparable to most poles except for the lightest bd series at 1/5 the price and are variable length
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5331 posts
2167 upvotes
Kitchener
I never understood hiking poles. What are they for? Are these for hiking with a heavy pack or something? Who's the target audience?
This space is intentionally left blank.
Feb 4, 2017
475 posts
610 upvotes
Calgary
Unfortunately not on sale at Calgary Costco. Assuming this only applies to east Costco.
Images
  • 20180621_103148.jpg
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2814 posts
1703 upvotes
Edmonton
Thundercloud wrote: Who's the target audience?
Seniors for one, like us just to balance and get a helping hand. Term canes are so old fashion...lol
Banned
Jul 31, 2010
156 posts
210 upvotes
Thundercloud wrote: I never understood hiking poles. What are they for? Are these for hiking with a heavy pack or something? Who's the target audience?
1. Stability when you are hiking difficult terrain, especially with a heavy multi-day pack these are crucial.
2. Protect your knees going downhill, again especially a heavy pack... reduce stress on your knees by shifting the weight to your arms.
3. Going uphill you can also offload a little of the work from your legs by using your arms.

When I first started hiking in my early 20's I was cocky and never used poles on 3 day hikes with a heavy pack. Going downhill really puts a lot of impact stress on your knees. Now in my late 20's I have bad knees and poles are a life saver on hikes.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4524 posts
988 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
jerschwab wrote:

Also, FYI at Costco Burnaby they were still full price.
... Maybe next week...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5746 posts
1452 upvotes
xbr50 wrote: 1. Stability when you are hiking difficult terrain, especially with a heavy multi-day pack these are crucial.
2. Protect your knees going downhill, again especially a heavy pack... reduce stress on your knees by shifting the weight to your arms.
3. Going uphill you can also offload a little of the work from your legs by using your arms.

When I first started hiking in my early 20's I was cocky and never used poles on 3 day hikes with a heavy pack. Going downhill really puts a lot of impact stress on your knees. Now in my late 20's I have bad knees and poles are a life saver on hikes.
+1 to this. I feel that using poles also help increase my pacing because the load is now distributed to 4 limbs instead of just 2.

On a steep downhill, it really helps will stability and reduce knee fatigue... this isn't much of a problem if downhill is like 30 seconds, but when you're doing a 2-3 hour downhill, it gets bad.

Also you can use a hiking pole to probe the trail for how deep the mud is or whether the log/rock is steady enough to walk on.
Feb 22, 2018
432 posts
682 upvotes
gta
Thundercloud wrote: I never understood hiking poles. What are they for? Are these for hiking with a heavy pack or something? Who's the target audience?
When you go hiking over hill land. I went hiking at Killarney and used a walking stick I found on the ground and by the end my knees were dead. These would have helped a ton.
Jul 29, 2007
19 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Checked Warden & Eglinton and Hwy 7 Markham location and no luck. :(

Has anybody seen this around east end?