• Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2021 6:12 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4156 posts
2698 upvotes

[Costco] Carhartt Clothing - 11 men's items & 25% off for 5+

Costco is doing their 25% off 5+ clothing items again. Browsing through, I noticed some Carhartt items for the first time. My apologies if they are not new to Costco.ca. Pricing seems to be on par with USD MSRP + an additional 25% off for 5+.

Link to all clothing eligible for the discount
Carhart Website with better pictures.

For anyone considering the two $125 jackets that look almost identical - It appears that the "Carhartt Men's Insulated Jacket" is the J130 and the "Carhartt Men's Duck Quilted Flannel Jacket" is the J140.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Mar 4th, 2021 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed retailer field so it's better for searches
24 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
3080 posts
2493 upvotes
Main & Hastings
Some people like to wear "Carhartt." Until they gotta do "Carhartt" things
Last edited by chilli604 on Mar 4th, 2021 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1223 posts
2509 upvotes
What the heck are Carhartt "things"? Work? LOL. Are we really gatekeeping durable clothing unless you work under a car?
Apr 8, 2013
371 posts
185 upvotes
Ottawa
MikoWilson wrote: What the heck are Carhartt "things"? Work? LOL. Are we really gatekeeping durable clothing unless you work under a car?

I think he’s poking fun at the fact that this brand has sadly turned into a “streetwear” or “hype beast” clothing company to a certain extent. The big joke being you can’t tell if someone who wears one of their hats is either a forklift operator or a hipster.

I own a few things of theirs and can vouch on quality. The insulated bibs I wear are 5 years old and show surprisingly little wear considering the amount of use they see.
Beauty, eh?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4156 posts
2698 upvotes
vane4665 wrote: This stuff is cheaper on Amazon.
Oh?

Show me one cheaper item please. Even before the 25% discount, I can't find any of the same items for less on amazon.ca.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6136 posts
1924 upvotes
Calgary
How do returns work? What if i dont want/like one of the items, do i lose the whole discount or just the discount on that one item?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4156 posts
2698 upvotes
T3rry wrote: How do returns work? What if i dont want/like one of the items, do i lose the whole discount or just the discount on that one item?
Good question and I'm not certain, but my assumption is that if your return reduces your purchase from 5 to 4 items, you will lose the total discount from all 5 items. Costco is a big enough company that they likely have foreseen this scenario and have their system setup for alerting the person processing the returns.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2006
1850 posts
312 upvotes
North York
After the Kirkland Signature crewnecks, another hypebeast release at Costco.ca!
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1367 posts
282 upvotes
Richmond Hill
MikoWilson wrote: What the heck are Carhartt "things"? Work? LOL. Are we really gatekeeping durable clothing unless you work under a car?
I wear alot of Timberland Pro, they're VERY durable, normal looking and VERY comfy.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3454 posts
4901 upvotes
BC
T3rry wrote: How do returns work? What if i dont want/like one of the items, do i lose the whole discount or just the discount on that one item?
YMMV but returned two items (different orders, a couple months apart) with this promo

The first time they gave me a refund for the regular price of the item before the discount (I didn't know until it was processed and I checked the receipt)

The 2nd time (most recent) they gave me a refund for the discounted price of the item. It brought me to 4 items but other discounts weren't affected.

I think it comes down to how experienced the CSR is
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6136 posts
1924 upvotes
Calgary
SizzleChest wrote: Good question and I'm not certain, but my assumption is that if your return reduces your purchase from 5 to 4 items, you will lose the total discount from all 5 items. Costco is a big enough company that they likely have foreseen this scenario and have their system setup for alerting the person processing the returns.
Yeah that was my thought but if the item is $10 but the discount is $100+ or something... then what? you have to pay $90 to return the item?
Last edited by T3rry on Mar 4th, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6136 posts
1924 upvotes
Calgary
peakingduck wrote: YMMV but returned two items (different orders, a couple months apart) with this promo

The first time they gave me a refund for the regular price of the item before the discount (I didn't know until it was processed and I checked the receipt)

The 2nd time (most recent) they gave me a refund for the discounted price of the item. It brought me to 4 items but other discounts weren't affected.

I think it comes down to how experienced the CSR is
Ok i would expect to get the discounted price of one item, as long as that's worst case scenario i am fine with that.

I just dont want to return a $10 item and lose $100+ worth of promo, and i am struggling to find 5 items that qualify so i need to pad it a bit
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6136 posts
1924 upvotes
Calgary
I ended up using my $50 off $150 referral signup promo as well... good enough deal, i think if i dont like something i'll probably just re-sell it instead of messing with returns
Images
  • Screenshot 2021-03-04 152600.png
Nov 9, 2013
777 posts
850 upvotes
Barrie
I have a black zip up hoodie that I bought nearly 20 years ago, still going! Zipper still zips perfectly. Cuffs of the sleeves have worn a bit, but I can't complain.

Is the quality today still there?
Jan 14, 2017
672 posts
382 upvotes
Looking at that link to Carhartt homepage, i'm surprised and glad to see their support for BLM and SJW's. I always saw this brand differently.

Too bad some sizing is sold out already.
The Great Leap Forward or Reset
War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength, Vaccine Passport is Freedom

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)