[Costco] Carrera Mario Kart Mario and Luigi Remote Control Twin Pack

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2020 11:42 am
[OP]
Aug 30, 2013
759 posts
843 upvotes

[Costco] Carrera Mario Kart Mario and Luigi Remote Control Twin Pack

These look fun. They look well built. They are nicely sized. Hopefully they can take a little beating. Great gift idea for kids. Even good for a collector.
Saw a bunch at Costco Kenaston in Winnipeg. I want to say they were $71.99 in the store where I bought them.
16 replies
Mar 7, 2005
798 posts
257 upvotes
I bought and returned these. One of the cars was great, but the other would lose turn control for a moment. Was weird. Kids didn’t play with them as much as we had hoped either, so took them back.
Jun 16, 2007
858 posts
411 upvotes
20 min run time, 50 min charge time kills the fun.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3908 posts
6299 upvotes
Kitchener
Price in title please :)
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10875 posts
5113 upvotes
Seems like a waste of $$ runtime sucks charge time sucks and well they probably just suck.

However ive never tried them and they could be a blast.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Nov 25, 2010
102 posts
170 upvotes
Laval
Bought them from Costco in store this spring. My kids love them but like others said the short run time is annoying
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
1177 posts
296 upvotes
I guess it is a cheaper alternative than the new Mario Kart Switch game.
Nov 24, 2018
652 posts
692 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
RobinW51044 wrote: I bought them last year for $50ish in store
I'm sure you got the 1 cart, these are two cart.
Anyhow, this ain't hot deal anyways. Not worth the price,
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
May 6, 2020
270 posts
253 upvotes
BertL67369 wrote: I'm sure you got the 1 cart, these are two cart.
Anyhow, this ain't hot deal anyways. Not worth the price,
2 cars, 2 remote my friend.. don't you know Costco only carriers the biggest package? :)
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1473 posts
1690 upvotes
VANCOUVER
JL2002 wrote: I guess it is a cheaper alternative than the new Mario Kart Switch game.
Some poor kid is going to get this for Christmas by mistake from an uninformed parent :-(

obligatory simpsons reference
Dec 13, 2008
161 posts
83 upvotes
to_vento wrote: I bought and returned these. One of the cars was great, but the other would lose turn control for a moment. Was weird. Kids didn’t play with them as much as we had hoped either, so took them back.
Bought these last year too, luigi turns a little wild sometimes too, we took them to the schoolyard nearby and the concrete was a little wet these definitely did drift and can do quick 180s. The other take from all of this is the battery is stored in the compartment under the car and requires a Philips screwdriver not the end of the world but not entirely easy for kids to put these back charging.
Apr 13, 2010
211 posts
349 upvotes
As per the reviews, recharging the batteries is a pain in the butt, but other than that, these are peppy, and fun to drive.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3039 posts
1242 upvotes
Lethbridge
Hard the larger Mario a few years ago from Costco - For a <$100 RC, it was heads and tails above the terrible New Bright stuff Walmart or TRU sell. Pretty fast and durable, it saw a couple summers with plenty of abuse before he killed it driving into a puddle.

Comments about the battery are all true - Kids can't really swap themselves, charge time is long & run time is only ~15min.
Mar 7, 2005
798 posts
257 upvotes
Don't know why they couldn't just have incorporated a charge port on the outside of the car rather than needing a screwdriver every time to pull out and attach to a specific charger. I don't mind so much needing a specific charge cable, but the battery thing was annoying. Oddly, like the previous reviewer, it was also my Luigi which would turn oddly. Maybe this is on purpose so that Mario can always win? These were definitely pretty quick when we used them, could drift and were fun to play with. I thought it was neat that the driver leans into the turns. But at the end, wasn't enough to capture our kids' interest. The Radio Flyer go cart definitely got more use and getting way more bang for the buck on that one. I only wish the go cart came in adult size. LOL