• Jun 29th, 2019 10:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1108 posts
1305 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Costco Carrot Cake (Loaf style)

We used to buy the Carrot Loaf Cake with cream cheese icing at Costco in the GTA but haven't seen them at any location in months.
What gives?
We're having withdrawals.
28 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6011 posts
436 upvotes
BC
They dont have them here in BC any longer either. I asked and they told me they would not be getting them back :(
That's my 2cents worth
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1108 posts
1305 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Keelie wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 7:57 pm
They dont have them here in BC any longer either. I asked and they told me they would not be getting them back :(
Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6732 posts
1392 upvotes
Anybody remember years ago they made a tropical loaf cake? It had pineapple, maybe banana and other fruits in it and a coconut glaze. Kind of like a Hummingbird cake. Now that one I miss!!
Mar 4, 2018
2 posts
2 upvotes
I hadn’t seen them for a long time but then the Costco in Peterborough had them tonight! Maybe GtA will be getting them? Or you may have to go for a drive!
Mar 24, 2016
559 posts
492 upvotes
scarborough
Costco in Ajax had them today
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1108 posts
1305 upvotes
Toronto, ON
YES VIRGINIA, WE HAVE CARROT CAKE!!!!!!!!!! Smiling Face With Open MouthSmiling Face With Open MouthSmiling Face With Open MouthSmiling Face With Open Mouth

Someone should start a petition to keep Costco from ever stopping these again.

I second the motion!

Mmmmmm... Costco carrot loaf cake.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
1671 posts
783 upvotes
saw this yesterday at queensway along with a banana nut loaf, no icing for that one though
Got that Zoomer account!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1108 posts
1305 upvotes
Toronto, ON
riseagainstthemachine wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 3:37 pm
saw this yesterday at queensway along with a banana nut loaf, no icing for that one though
The banana nut loaf never went away.
I've tried it.
It should go away.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
2217 posts
10012 upvotes
Send feedback to their Customer Relations dept., sometimes items can be seasonal which is why you haven't seen it in a while and now with easter on the rise might be making it's triumphant return.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2004
1108 posts
1305 upvotes
Toronto, ON
markopas wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 4:31 pm
Send feedback to their Customer Relations dept., sometimes items can be seasonal which is why you haven't seen it in a while and now with easter on the rise might be making it's triumphant return.
Carrot Cake should be a year-round food staple.
JMHO Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
2217 posts
10012 upvotes
leovee1 wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 5:19 pm
Carrot Cake should be a year-round food staple.
JMHO Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
I don’t disagree at all :)
Apr 9, 2012
355 posts
256 upvotes
leovee1 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 4:24 pm
We used to buy the Carrot Loaf Cake with cream cheese icing at Costco in the GTA but haven't seen them at any location in months.
What gives? We're having withdrawals.
I just make my own & by pass Costco's way over priced version. Soooooo many recipes online & it is REALLY one of the EASIEST & fastest cakes & icings that you could possibly make. AND one of the CHEAPEST, which is really what RFD is about ..... finding good deals & saving money. Honestly, just TRY to make your own, it is very easy, probably much faster than driving to Costco & back or driving around to different Costco's looking for theirs. By that time, your own would be baked, out of the oven, icing applied & you'd have enjoyed a piece or two.

Many times, it SEEMS easier to buy something rather than make it oneself, but really, cooking & baking many many things can be much easier & again as an RFD mantra, MUCH MUCH cheaper to make yourself & better quality. But the human brain has a weird bias that often just can't be convinced with logic or evidence & so we keep buying into the ideal of "convenience" & the art of persuasion by marketers.

Let the flames begin!