Costco carrying spring plants?

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2020 11:07 am
[OP]
Jul 7, 2013
336 posts
499 upvotes

Costco carrying spring plants?

I haven't been to Costco since the lockdown started - anyone been recently...did they have the Garden Centre/nursery set up with all the spring plants?

If it's open, did the selection/quantity seem similar to previous years? Were they enforcing social distancing with a queue into that area?

Usually plant my garden and get my mega begonia baskets from there...considering making a trip in a couple of weeks if I can pick up my plants too. For anyone who's been recently - TIA!

cheers,
:)
7 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 23, 2008
10243 posts
6600 upvotes
GTA, ON
I believe it's YMMV.

In Markham, the main warehouse (Markham-(West) @ Woodbine) has the garden centre open, but Markham-East @ Markham Rd does not.

The east location has their line-up into the warehouse where the garden centre would normally be, but the west location's garden centre is away from the main entrance.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
2083 posts
341 upvotes
Bunch of hanging plants in East Gwillimbury..indoors though not outside
Jan 18, 2009
97 posts
44 upvotes
Leask
Oakville garden centre is open.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
3445 posts
1203 upvotes
Ottawa
Costco Ottawa (Hunt Club) garden centre is open. Was there today, but there isn't much in yet.
Jan 23, 2007
976 posts
116 upvotes
Kingston, Ontario
Kingston's had their garden centre items for about a week to ten days now. They didn't have soil when we were there but someone mentioned as of two days ago they had some (in Kingston). Does anyone know if Costco generally has good prices on their potting soil? I prefer just to pick up a couple of bags at Costco since we go there for groceries anyway.
[OP]
Jul 7, 2013
336 posts
499 upvotes
Thx a mint all for your replies and info - much appreciated!

Not sure of Costco potting soil prices - I usually pick up my bags from Cdn Tire/HD/Lowes early in the season - whoever has it on sale for 99 cents...LOL! Haven't picked up soil yet either as other than recently going out for bike rides/walks haven't been out at all since the lockdown. Take care all!

Guess I will plan a big shop in a couple of weeks - will be fab to have a nice garden to putter around in over the summer.

cheers,
:)
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3175 posts
640 upvotes
Aurora, ON
Shaynelle wrote: Kingston's had their garden centre items for about a week to ten days now. They didn't have soil when we were there but someone mentioned as of two days ago they had some (in Kingston). Does anyone know if Costco generally has good prices on their potting soil? I prefer just to pick up a couple of bags at Costco since we go there for groceries anyway.
I picked up a bag of their large (60L?) MiracleGro potting soild last year when they were clearing it out at end of season. It's around $11 and at end of season it should go for around $8.
I picked up 3 beautiful boston ferns that I'm sheltering until the weather improves. They were inside (outside not open yet) and they were going fast....
My store is Newmarket...