Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Cascade Mountain Tech Carbon Fiber Trekking Poles $44.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2022 2:18 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Nov 5, 2018
125 posts
404 upvotes

[Costco] Cascade Mountain Tech Carbon Fiber Trekking Poles $44.99

My wife has these. They are ridiculously light weight and have the quick release locks that are so much better than the old 'twist and lock' mechanisms that always slipped. Just ordered a pair for myself.

$65 at Amazon

Edit: From the comments below, turns out that these were reduced to $20 in April 2022 so probably better to wait and watch these. Current online stock is > 999.
------
Cascade Mountain Tech 100% Carbon Fiber trekking poles provide hikers, walkers, backpackers, campers and many more users the best option for a lightweight and extremely strong set of trekking poles. Our poles feature a quick lock mechanism for quick height adjustment and security that will support all your adventures. The non-slip cork handles and EVA foam down grip ensure that you have a good grip in any environment.

Features:
  • Tungsten-carbide tips
  • Comfortable wrist straps
  • Quick-lock for easy length adjustment
  • Made of 100% carbon fiber
  • Comfortable cork grip with EVA foam down grip
Last edited by SteveD10504 on Oct 2nd, 2022 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
21 replies
Newbie
Feb 28, 2020
92 posts
65 upvotes
Many here just got this recently for only $20. I got 2.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 1, 2003
21299 posts
4487 upvotes
YUL
aikojayn wrote: Many here just got this recently for only $20. I got 2.
That was a clearance price
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2627 posts
5838 upvotes
Vancouver
Not worth even $45

I had these and the “carbon fiber” is 99% fiberglass

These have gone down to $20-$25 ez
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3503 posts
3972 upvotes
Prince George
I have bought these as low as $14.97 on clearance. But even at $45 they are worth it. Used them on the West Coast Trail and lots of local hikes - no issues.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 22, 2007
7899 posts
8294 upvotes
Calgary
danascully wrote: Not worth even $45

I had these and the “carbon fiber” is 99% fiberglass

These have gone down to $20-$25 ez
Sounds like false advertising then? Should I contact the company? Fibreglass is not 100% carbon fibre.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1313 posts
1788 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: Sounds like false advertising then? Should I contact the company? Fibreglass is not 100% carbon fibre.
I have $200 carbon poles and these as well, for $20, they're a fantastic deal, but they're not really "carbon". No one is selling real carbon poles for $20.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 22, 2007
7899 posts
8294 upvotes
Calgary
isgaard wrote: I have $200 carbon poles and these as well, for $20, they're a fantastic deal, but they're not really "carbon". No one is selling real carbon poles for $20.
https://andrewskurka.com/cascade-mounta ... es-review/

https://sectionhiker.com/cascade-mounta ... es-review/

I think they are “real” carbon. Funny how not one review mentions that they are “fake” carbon.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3503 posts
3972 upvotes
Prince George
isgaard wrote: I have $200 carbon poles and these as well, for $20, they're a fantastic deal, but they're not really "carbon". No one is selling real carbon poles for $20.
They aren't $20. They are $45 on sale. The cheap prices mentioned were clearance, i.e. selling at a loss just to get rid of excess stock. There is no reason to believe these are not carbon fibre as advertised.
Newbie
May 22, 2017
57 posts
56 upvotes
danascully wrote: Not worth even $45

I had these and the “carbon fiber” is 99% fiberglass

These have gone down to $20-$25 ez
Is there a better set of poles on the market in the $45 range?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 30, 2007
505 posts
82 upvotes
danascully wrote: Not worth even $45

I had these and the “carbon fiber” is 99% fiberglass
Why make a post like this without providing any evidence?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 22, 2007
7899 posts
8294 upvotes
Calgary
evozero wrote: Why make a post like this without providing any evidence?
This person posts this on this product every time it goes on sale. Just ignore I guess.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1313 posts
1788 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote:
I think they are “real” carbon. Funny how not one review mentions that they are “fake” carbon.
I don't care what the "reviews" say, I took mine apart and they're not "real" "carbon".
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: They aren't $20. They are $45 on sale. The cheap prices mentioned were clearance, i.e. selling at a loss just to get rid of excess stock. There is no reason to believe these are not carbon fibre as advertised.
They're $20 when they're on sale in the Costco store. I bought two sets at $20 each a while ago. Hence $20.

I'm not shitting on the product, m'kay? It's a HOT deal for $20 and everyone should buy them for $20 if they need a set of poles for skiing, hiking, "trekking", or just walking.
Sr. Member
Nov 4, 2006
610 posts
714 upvotes
Vancouver
Komperdell is a trusted brand. Look for version 3 powerlock which is the aluminum clamping mechanism versus the version 2 which is plastic. Come in carbon fibre and aluminum...I prefer aluminum myself. Good sticks.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3503 posts
3972 upvotes
Prince George
isgaard wrote: I don't care what the "reviews" say, I took mine apart and they're not "real" "carbon".



They're $20 when they're on sale in the Costco store. I bought two sets at $20 each a while ago. Hence $20.

I'm not shitting on the product, m'kay? It's a HOT deal for $20 and everyone should buy them for $20 if they need a set of poles for skiing, hiking, "trekking", or just walking.
But you are shitting on the product. You’re saying they are lying in their product description. (And that all the professional reviewers out there have presumably been duped into believing it.) That’s quite a bold accusation. Extraordinary claims require evidence. Please define “real” “carbon” and show how you determined these were not.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1313 posts
1788 upvotes
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: But you are shitting on the product. You’re saying they are lying in their product description. (And that all the professional reviewers out there have presumably been duped into believing it.) That’s quite a bold accusation. Extraordinary claims require evidence. Please define “real” “carbon” and show how you determined these were not.
I'm not saying they're lying. They wrapped a thin layer of carbon weave around fiberglass or whatever material they're using and they can call it "carbon". Do you own a set of these? Take it apart like I did and you will see, the most "carbon" like component is the middle and the bottom rod, the top is some plastic wrap around some composite material.

I don't see why you're making a fuss out of this. It's $20 for two adjustable poles, it's a great deal and enjoy it without getting hung up on whether or not it's "carbon".
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3503 posts
3972 upvotes
Prince George
isgaard wrote: I'm not saying they're lying. They wrapped a thin layer of carbon weave around fiberglass or whatever material they're using
...
It's $20 for two adjustable poles
You are saying they're lying. The product page says "100% carbon fiber" (sic). So either you are wrong or they are wrong.

I am hung up on this because I like information to be correct.

It's not $20. It's $45 on sale. Maybe months down the road on the 3rd clearance markdown they may hit $20 again... or maybe not.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 22, 2007
7899 posts
8294 upvotes
Calgary
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: You are saying they're lying. The product page says "100% carbon fiber" (sic). So either you are wrong or they are wrong.

I am hung up on this because I like information to be correct.

It's not $20. It's $45 on sale. Maybe months down the road on the 3rd clearance markdown they may hit $20 again... or maybe not.
https://nymag.com/strategist/article/be ... poles.html
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 16, 2011
5189 posts
7594 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
isgaard wrote: I'm not saying they're lying. They wrapped a thin layer of carbon weave around fiberglass or whatever material they're using and they can call it "carbon". Do you own a set of these? Take it apart like I did and you will see, the most "carbon" like component is the middle and the bottom rod, the top is some plastic wrap around some composite material.

I don't see why you're making a fuss out of this. It's $20 for two adjustable poles, it's a great deal and enjoy it without getting hung up on whether or not it's "carbon".
Show us a picture of your trekking pole then. You're not providing any evidence

Top