None
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
2191 posts
743 upvotes
Mississauga
JacobL284488 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 6:52 pm
So this is the Cascade Platinum that says “15Xs power” and the stuff that is 22.99 currently at Costco is the “16Xs power”
For 9$ difference I will go with the 15Xs stuff.

Either way. 15Cents a pod for Cascade platinum I figured was worth posting.
I just checked the last tub that I picked up in store. 16x (92+10 pods)
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2126 posts
1443 upvotes
SW Ontario
Both fit our 800 series Bosch ... however even Bosch states better cleaning and product life with Finish ... it may be a manufacturer design thing.
I'd rather be outdoors camping, kayaking, and mountain biking ...
Sep 30, 2010
410 posts
132 upvotes
Markham
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 10:04 pm
Both fit our 800 series Bosch ... however even Bosch states better cleaning and product life with Finish ... it may be a manufacturer design thing.
I have a Bosch also! Not sure what model, but I find that Cascade does clean better. I used Finish as the unit asked to but it left residue even with the RinseAid...
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2126 posts
1443 upvotes
SW Ontario
siulongluiy wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 8:15 am
I have a Bosch also! Not sure what model, but I find that Cascade does clean better. I used Finish as the unit asked to but it left residue even with the RinseAid...
For clarity here, there is a HUGE difference between the products Quantum and Max ... we only use Quantum, as my wife swears Max has sand in it from the residue
Sep 30, 2010
410 posts
132 upvotes
Markham
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 8:42 am
For clarity here, there is a HUGE difference between the products Quantum and Max ... we only use Quantum, as my wife swears Max has sand in it from the residue
YUP, used Quantum and Platinum as the comparison =P
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2007
14261 posts
3593 upvotes
London
boonjaca wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 9:15 pm
Does Costco sell the finish quantum? So far, these cascade pods are working well for me. They are a huge upgrade from that crappy powerball or whatever you call the one with a red ball in the middle.

Edit: never mind, I see the quantum are the crappy powerball ones.
siulongluiy wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 8:15 am
I also had problems with Finish powerball type pods which over time eventually left a brown greasy residue. I also had to use the finish cleaner to get rid of the residue.

There have been other complaints on the internet about the same greasy residue. It looks like it’s caused by a combination of (low) water temperature and water type (hardness/ minerals).

Cascade pods don’t seem to have this problem for me
Jun 18, 2005
210 posts
443 upvotes
Do any of these things come without a dissolvable skin? My Bosch doesn't clean for shit with any of these wrapped pods.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2126 posts
1443 upvotes
SW Ontario
l69norm wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 9:16 am

There have been other complaints on the internet about the same greasy residue. It looks like it’s caused by a combination of (low) water temperature and water type (hardness/ minerals).
Could be ... our Bosch has its own heater unit (it gets crazy hot inside) and all our water is softened ... but I could see where this would cause problems, especially the low water temperature.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2126 posts
1443 upvotes
SW Ontario
dingus wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 9:19 am
Do any of these things come without a dissolvable skin? My Bosch doesn't clean for shit with any of these wrapped pods.
Are you using the ECO mode? ... if so, try one of the longer modes
Jun 18, 2005
210 posts
443 upvotes
No. It's the soap or the dissolving skins, or a combination of both. Oxiclean dishwasher crystals leave my dishes and the dishwasher itself completely spotless with no smell of any kind, but that's been discontinued for a year or two and my prepper-sized stash is running out. I'm facing bleak future of grimy, swamp-smelling dishes and I don't like it.
Apr 22, 2010
142 posts
74 upvotes
Yeah, we had issues with cascade pods not cleaning as well. We swapped back and forth a few times - definitely the cascade as an issue. Same for my parents. Neither of us have hard water though.

We're trying the kirkland pods right now. We'll see.

Cascade package was way better. We still use the last cascade tub for pods.
May 17, 2017
214 posts
463 upvotes
death_hawk wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 7:17 pm
I prefer Finish Quantum.

This doesn't seem to rinse as well.
It also doesn't seem to clean as well either.
Jojo_Madman wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 7:26 pm
X2 ... wife tells me to never buy Cascade again for the same exact reasons.

She insists we only use Finish Quantum
death_hawk wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 7:28 pm
Oh good! I'm not cray.
Sad because I like the Cascade packaging better.
Oh well. Time to dump the cubes of Finish into the Cascade bucket.
adblink182 wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 7:33 pm
I hate the stupid foil packaging on the finish tabs. Never had a problem with cascade platinum
It depends on your dishwasher. Go with what the manufacturer recommends. I was having issues with the finish ones not dissolving or leaving a film and have had no issues since switching to cascade.
Feb 13, 2016
302 posts
298 upvotes
I use these pods but find that my spoon and forks have streaks left on them. Could this be because of the pods or something else ??