Shopping Discussion

Costco cash card, I am a non member? Surcharge?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2010 12:43 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11830 posts
1790 upvotes
Vancouver

Costco cash card, I am a non member? Surcharge?

I know this has been brought up before BUT my friend bought me a Costco Cash card. I am a non member. I called Richmond store and I can use this card, then pay the difference.

Will I have to pay a surcharge?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2010
1453 posts
114 upvotes
I don't think so, actually my father used to ask his me to "buy" him costco gift cards, so that he don't have to pay for costco membership :lol: since he don't go there often!

How about you use your gift card, go in and buy three $25 gift cards? That's means you have 3 trips to costco! :?:

I am not sure how this works anymore, but I think this used to work in the past pretty sure!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11830 posts
1790 upvotes
Vancouver
defencerulez wrote: I don't think so, actually my father used to ask his me to "buy" him costco gift cards, so that he don't have to pay for costco membership :lol: since he don't go there often!

How about you use your gift card, go in and buy three $25 gift cards? That's means you have 3 trips to costco! :?:

I am not sure how this works anymore, but I think this used to work in the past pretty sure!

Thanks. I did talk to someone in the office and everything is fine BUT I never asked nor did he mention anything about paying a surcharge. I think I should be good to go. Vitamix here I come.
Mar 17, 2009
182 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
defencerulez wrote: I don't think so, actually my father used to ask his me to "buy" him costco gift cards, so that he don't have to pay for costco membership :lol: since he don't go there often!

non members cannot buy gift cards. That would make the whole membership system redundant.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11830 posts
1790 upvotes
Vancouver
bratman wrote: non members cannot buy gift cards. That would make the whole membership system redundant.

I think he was a member :) his father wasn't. I am not a member but have a gift card :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6548 posts
1176 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
No surcharge for non-members using gift cards, and I have gave out a couple of those to people that would have complain if there were. :)

If you managed to spend more than the amount on the card, the rest you have to pay either using Amex, debit, or cash. There's no limit also. So you can buy a $2000 TV with the a $25 gift card. You just pay the rest with one of those methods.
There's a sucker born every minute.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11830 posts
1790 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for the confirmation :) I love RFD.