Shopping Discussion

Costco Ceiling fan /w remote? any good? bright enough?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2016 12:15 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1740 posts
865 upvotes
Laval

Costco Ceiling fan /w remote? any good? bright enough?

Hi,

Anybody purchased the ceiling fan that's sold in warehouse. I believe they're 115$ and comes with a remote control.

How bright is the light assembly? Does it take 1-2 light bulbs? What size of bulb? I know they are LED but what size are they?

Thanks in advance
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3375 posts
2297 upvotes
GTA
You mean the GE one?

I have one and it is pretty average. It is a custom LED bulb and surprisingly bright. The motor is somewhat loud however, I may return it but haven't decided yet. The motor is definitely not of the same quality as the Hunter fans they used to sell.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3375 posts
2297 upvotes
GTA
Motor on this has got progressively noisier. Returning it this week, not impressed with this unit.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8793 posts
1722 upvotes
N8Magic wrote: You mean the GE one?

I have one and it is pretty average. It is a custom LED bulb and surprisingly bright. The motor is somewhat loud however, I may return it but haven't decided yet. The motor is definitely not of the same quality as the Hunter fans they used to sell.
You can say that again, hence the price. The Hunter fans have been amazing, nice and quiet. Heavy, but nice and quiet.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2003
1839 posts
158 upvotes
Vancouver
I just installed one tonight, in the master bedroom of my place. So far, it's not noisy at all. If this changes, I will update...

GYR8