Hot Deals

[Costco] Cerave 539g tub plus 57g travel size

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2019 10:47 pm
Oct 3, 2018
125 posts
141 upvotes
You guys should look into cocoa butter. I recently just picked up some for the first time and my mind was shot how amazing it is and how its not popular. I stopped buying all moisturizers this thing is amazing. Just soaks into the skin and gives this amazing glow, even has a nice chocolately smell. My skins never gets dry even til the next day. Between this, eating veggies, and gym i now basically look like a model 24/7
Mar 20, 2007
795 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto
nightwalker wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 10:00 pm
FYI, only the Costco near Yorkdale has this in GTA

This is regular price but yes, it's much cheaper than other places.
Just came back from Yorkdale costco and couldn’t find any stock.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
1873 posts
232 upvotes
Gta
TrevorK wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 9:36 pm
There can be many differences between moisturizers, even high quality ones. There are some brands, like CeraVe (Cetaphil is another) that offer very basic moisturizers which are very gentle. These are good ones to start with before moving on to more fancier ones that are filled with more chemicals. These products are simple, and that gives you a good spot to figure out what works for you (e.g. you switch to another moisturizer and start developing redness). This is why so many recommend these simple brands, because they will likely work for you.

One of the interesting things that CeraVe includes is hyaluronic acid. Now, like most things in skin care there is no miracle cure, but much research has been done and many believe that hyaluronic acid is a very beneficial ingredient (here is a study that explains a bit: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583886/).

Compared to St Ives, Vaseline, Aveno, etc. you will notice CeraVe is more expensive. It's that this is a good price for CeraVe, however there are other more budget friendly moisturizers. If applying consistently will one make you look years younger? I highly doubt it. But if you have specific skin problems (e.g. eczema) there will be big differences between moisturizers.
Thank you . I actually use cetaphil as my face cleansing soap ( big pump from Costco).. so this might be good for a moisturizer . I typically just use Dove or oil of Olay only because it’s got Spf15. I’m not looking to look years younger , just looking to keep my skiing moisturizer particularly in the winter.
Koodo member
Aug 16, 2009
169 posts
44 upvotes
eyeswdeshut wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 4:44 am
You guys should look into cocoa butter. I recently just picked up some for the first time and my mind was shot how amazing it is and how its not popular. I stopped buying all moisturizers this thing is amazing. Just soaks into the skin and gives this amazing glow, even has a nice chocolately smell. My skins never gets dry even til the next day. Between this , eating veggies, and gym i now basically look like a model 24/7
I tried it for the very first time and I like it. Going to stick with this cocoa butter
May 17, 2010
201 posts
98 upvotes
Totoriko wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 6:04 pm
Barrhaven has lots
Yeap, and it's been available for over a year now. I keep buying it every couple of months.
Nov 14, 2012
322 posts
102 upvotes
CALGARY
akilana wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 6:32 pm
I tried it for the very first time and I like it. Going to stick with this cocoa butter
Where are you guys buying it from want to try for? Thanks
Nov 12, 2017
33 posts
13 upvotes
Calgary
They have been available for a while now, wife have stock it up every year for the dreaded winter in Calgary! We love them ^^
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15334 posts
5611 upvotes
queenofhearts wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 6:12 pm
Thank you . I actually use cetaphil as my face cleansing soap ( big pump from Costco).. so this might be good for a moisturizer . I typically just use Dove or oil of Olay only because it’s got Spf15. I’m not looking to look years younger , just looking to keep my skiing moisturizer particularly in the winter.
You will likely want to incorporate a facial moisturizer that has sunscreen in it - sun causes a lot of damage to the skin and your face is one of the areas that is almost always exposed. This CeraVe is great for the body, but if you find you like their products, they also make facial moisturizers that are SPF15 (or more).
Aug 16, 2009
169 posts
44 upvotes
dealove wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 7:26 pm
Where are you guys buying it from want to try for? Thanks
I got from Walmart. Palmers is the brand.
Oct 3, 2018
125 posts
141 upvotes
akilana wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 6:32 pm
I got my all my buddies using it, honestly one of the best purchase i've made in years. Its the main ingredient in so many creams too, but much cheaper. Even use it on my head and fixes dandruff
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14593 posts
6997 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
veni, vidi, Visa
Nov 29, 2006
842 posts
181 upvotes
For someone still looking around GTA, I just called Laird Rd (not available) but she checked there are stocks in Vaughan and Stoney Creek.
Jan 18, 2017
398 posts
134 upvotes
queenofhearts wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 5:42 pm
Soooo. Have to ask.. why is this stuff so good.? Is it that much better than any other moisturizer?
Ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and free of fragrance. The PM also has niacinamide, which is awesome :)
Nov 29, 2006
842 posts
181 upvotes
The reason it is so good is our dermatologist recommended for the eczema, he said it is better than Aveeno or Dove. For some reasons, it is less itchy after applying after bath/shower. Keep the skin moisturized. So we only use this brand. We have tried everything else but this is the most effective.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10103 posts
442 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Is anyone able to compare this to 'Renew' from having used both? It was my moisturizer of choice for eczema on my hands but it's part of the Melaluca product family, which is basically a pyramid scheme I've no interest in joining!
KitKat item collector- always looking for swag or branded items.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)