Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] CeraVe Moisturizing Cream: 539g tub + 57g tube - $14.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2021 1:24 am
Jun 11, 2014
108 posts
78 upvotes
Calgary
stryder1587 wrote: I keep hearing about this cream. Please educate me on why this magical cream is better than any other body lotion at shoppers?
This cream is often recommended on the /r/skincareaddiction, my SO also had this recommended to her by a maternity clinic for dry skin and itchiness before.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
1209 posts
1230 upvotes
West GTA
stryder1587 wrote: I keep hearing about this cream. Please educate me on why this magical cream is better than any other body lotion at shoppers?
Dermatologist recommended this to me, said it was the best moisturizer - a few reasons, but one was that it contains ceramides, which are molecules that are produced by skin to make it water-impermeable. Psoriasis is in part a disorder of ceramide production, for example, and eczema also has ceramide issues involved in flareups. The way to do it is to have a shower or bath, then immediately after toweling off to apply this stuff - it doesn't moisturize your skin, but it 'locks in' existing moisture pretty well.
Nov 7, 2003
991 posts
324 upvotes
evoviii wrote: The cream they stated is called "Galaxal Base"
Thanks! I’m gonna buy some 👍🏾✌🏾
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Mar 7, 2011
564 posts
414 upvotes
Brampton
Also has hyaluronic acid...
grumble wrote: Dermatologist recommended this to me, said it was the best moisturizer - a few reasons, but one was that it contains ceramides, which are molecules that are produced by skin to make it water-impermeable. Psoriasis is in part a disorder of ceramide production, for example, and eczema also has ceramide issues involved in flareups. The way to do it is to have a shower or bath, then immediately after toweling off to apply this stuff - it doesn't moisturize your skin, but it 'locks in' existing moisture pretty well.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1053 posts
383 upvotes
Vancouver
StealthFinder wrote: I do not know about the Costco stuff (functionality) but a dermatologist recommended this brand for my hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks. I was told to use the PM and AM which I bought from Amazon USA. The AM is very thick and comes with an SPF factor built in. Hope this helps.
If you are talking about the AM/PM facial moisturizer, you can find this in most grocery stores in Canada. I always get mine from London drugs when they have a Cerave sale.

The niacinamide in it really helps with redness.
Jul 8, 2012
886 posts
198 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Janerator wrote: I was just at the Vancouver location this week and they do not carry this cream anymore. I was bummed Slightly Frowning Face
It's there. Side where they keep eye care products/iso alcohol/nicorette, on the bottom. Next to the Glaxal.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5225 posts
2212 upvotes
grumble wrote: Dermatologist recommended this to me, said it was the best moisturizer - a few reasons, but one was that it contains ceramides, which are molecules that are produced by skin to make it water-impermeable. Psoriasis is in part a disorder of ceramide production, for example, and eczema also has ceramide issues involved in flareups. The way to do it is to have a shower or bath, then immediately after toweling off to apply this stuff - it doesn't moisturize your skin, but it 'locks in' existing moisture pretty well.
Is this cream similar to Aquaphor?
Last edited by ar2020 on Jan 7th, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 21, 2019
167 posts
92 upvotes
SignedA wrote: SDM has the container w the pump. 21.99 when on sale, and buy during x20 points make it decent for getting the pump to reuse with Costco bundle.
I bought a few tubs with pump when it’s 20X and an additional offer of 200K on $900 spent on skin care. So I pretty much got them less than half price of $21.99. Decent deal.

The cream is recommended by my family doctor to MAINTAIN my daughter’s eczema. It does a good job keep her eczema coming back. I always stock it up when it’s on sale.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1160 posts
838 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
I use it and it works well. I was told the Hyaluronic Acid is what differentiates it from most other moisturizers. I will say that it has been more effective than others I've tried.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1217 posts
661 upvotes
Sigh unfortunately I bought this when it wasn't on sale, any chance I can get a price adjustment? I wonder if I still have the receipt lying around...
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2101 posts
2987 upvotes
SignedA wrote: Sigh unfortunately I bought this when it wasn't on sale, any chance I can get a price adjustment? I wonder if I still have the receipt lying around...
It should be saved on your membership account. Just go to customer service and it should be in their system.
Feb 26, 2013
175 posts
73 upvotes
Scarborough
SignedA wrote: Sigh unfortunately I bought this when it wasn't on sale, any chance I can get a price adjustment? I wonder if I still have the receipt lying around...
It’s best if you can have someone to buy it for you to return. It is on your account but they take your “latest” purchase date unless if you have your receipt
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1217 posts
661 upvotes
Promo1seek wrote: It’s best if you can have someone to buy it for you to return. It is on your account but they take your “latest” purchase date unless if you have your receipt
Would it work if it was purchased on the other account we have? (i.e. my card bought the first pack, then use the spouse card to buy the new pack to return?)
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone
Feb 26, 2013
175 posts
73 upvotes
Scarborough
SignedA wrote: Would it work if it was purchased on the other account we have? (i.e. my card bought the first pack, then use the spouse card to buy the new pack to return?)
Sorry - not sure. It'll be nice for you to try and let us know. New knowledge for all of us.
Jan 13, 2015
76 posts
23 upvotes
Springbrook, AB
Cerave is amazing. I stopped using prescription creams thanks to it.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10061 posts
1512 upvotes
It is good but I found it does not lock in enough and leaves your face a bit shiny.

I use this for body once in a while but finishing up my samples.

I love their face wash though.

For moisturizer I use ORDINARY Natural Moisturizing Factors: Has Ceramides, Amino Acids, Fatty Acids, Glycerin and Hyaluronic Acid as well.
Dec 16, 2012
223 posts
108 upvotes
GTA
ar2020 wrote: Is this cream similar to Aquaphor?
If you are asking about consistency/texture, then no. Aquaphor is like Vaseline wheareas this particular Cerave product is a cream.
Nov 11, 2013
823 posts
841 upvotes
Calgary
This must be good stuff, saw a few carts with whole cases in them this morning.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2101 posts
2987 upvotes
redblack wrote: This must be good stuff, saw a few carts with whole cases in them this morning.
I'll be picking up 3 or 4 today.

I was on 4 rounds of accutane over the span of 2 years a while ago. Not going into all the other side effects that I now have issues with, my skin, while now clear, is always dry, sensitive, and prone to atopic dermatitis if not cared for. My dermatologist recommended 2 specific products, and I swear by them, since they really do work. CeraVe cream, and Cetaphil skin cleanser. I stock up on both when they go on sale at Costco.