Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] CeraVe Moisturizing Cream: 539g tub + 57g tube - $14.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2021 8:54 pm
Nov 5, 2018
301 posts
240 upvotes
jellytime wrote: I'm a moderate to severe eczema sufferer and I find this lotion is really effective at moisturizer my skin without making it feel sticky or heavy. I add a dab of vaseline to it when I apply and it feels the best on my skin. I would highly recommend trying it because if it works, I think you'll like it.

To be clear, it will not heal the eczema or make significant changes or improvements with it, it's just a moisturizer so your skin feels better. I still haven't found a longterm solution to fix eczema. The best thing i can suggest is to go gluten and dairy free, limit red meat consumption, and literally drink 8 cups of water every day and remove sugar from your diet as much as possible.
My eczema flares up in the winter time... I'm fine in the summer. I'm think it's due to mostly dehydration but I'm not quite sure anyone.

I'm using the thing called Melkfett... Essentially petroleum jelly with vitamin e enriched and it was working ok... The effect hasn't been helping me as it late.

Let me know if have any other things to try.. I wouldn't mind trying a few new things
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16644 posts
6897 upvotes
toaster5 wrote: I'm surprised this is so popular. Comes off as a "clean" brand, until you read the ingredients. No different than drug stores stuff you get get for $10. You can buy Hyaluronic Acid for $6 from The Ordinary if that's the ingredient you are looking for. It's all marketing.
I believe it also has significantly more ceramides than other body moisturizers which is one of their big selling points. I haven't looked at all the others, but I believe it's one of their selling points as opposed to others that have high concentrations of mineral oil for a similar purpose.

It does have petrolatum but not as much as others.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1838 posts
1121 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
toaster5 wrote: I'm surprised this is so popular. Comes off as a "clean" brand, until you read the ingredients. No different than drug stores stuff you get get for $10. You can buy Hyaluronic Acid for $6 from The Ordinary if that's the ingredient you are looking for. It's all marketing.
I bought the life brand from shoppers drug mart which is supposed to be the same but a bit cheaper.
It wasn’t the same, and it made me break out.
Jul 25, 2007
788 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
Absolutely the best moisturizer I’ve used, highly highly recommend Cerave. Yes you can use on face and of course body as well. Amazing deal and 539g will last a long time.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3170 posts
2044 upvotes
Langley
Ferinthu1 wrote: My eczema flares up in the winter time... I'm fine in the summer. I'm think it's due to mostly dehydration but I'm not quite sure anyone.

I'm using the thing called Melkfett... Essentially petroleum jelly with vitamin e enriched and it was working ok... The effect hasn't been helping me as it late.

Let me know if have any other things to try.. I wouldn't mind trying a few new things
Wow, I envy your only winter flare ups...

Anyway, if you want something that's more of a natural healing cream these are the two I always recommend to mild eczema suffers and they work most times for them.

1. Organic Eczema Relief - You can buy it from whole foods or anywhere online, well.ca has it. I usually use it in the morning before I go to work or before I go to bed.
https://well.ca/products/satya-organic- ... 18986.html

2. Black Ointment Propolis - There's a local store in my area where I can buy it from, but below is the product. This one is quite tricky to use becaues it smells, A LOT. I wouldn't say it smells bad, but it has a very strong smell that people will be able to smell. I wore it work once and people knew I had something on, so now I only put it on at home
https://www.planetbee.com/shop-online/3 ... -ointment/

If I were to choose only one, I would recommend the Black Ointment as it seems like it's the most effective at healing my skin naturally. Unfortunately, I have to combine it with steroid creams, but it sounds like your skin may benefit from simply using it.

I try tons of products and most of them don't work for me, but the cerave, vaseline, and the honey creams above seem like they're the best combo for me. I would seriously give them a try if you're serious about trying to fix your eczema naturally.

Good luck!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3170 posts
2044 upvotes
Langley
ssjlancer wrote: I bought the life brand from shoppers drug mart which is supposed to be the same but a bit cheaper.
It wasn’t the same, and it made me break out.
Interestingly I felt the life brand one was quite similar. The textur is slightly different, but I usually buy the life brand because it's cheaper on average. I'm sorry it made you break out. Goes to show how sensitive each person is to different creams.
Mar 19, 2009
254 posts
82 upvotes
SDM has the pump version of this volume to be around 18 dollars after 20x points. Unless you can get employee pricing or senior discount plus 20x points, Costco discounted price is a better deal, especially with the additional tube being handy on road.
Aug 4, 2014
64 posts
121 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Lots left at the Beacon Hill location in Calgary, all in the pallets by the front. I didn't pick any up because I've started using the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for face and body (for dry to very dry skin). It's currently in stock for about $14.50 at Costco, and it's been amazing for me so far. It's fragrance and paraben free as well. I've tried CeraVe before and I found it was a little too light for me and did not retain moisture after a few hours. This variation of Cetaphil has helped calm down irritation and redness on my skin, and doesn't feel too sticky after application (in my opinion). I have super sensitive skin that reacts quite poorly to a lot of skincare products, so I'm stoked to have found one that works for me.

Aug 2, 2015
257 posts
181 upvotes
Ferinthu1 wrote: My eczema flares up in the winter time... I'm fine in the summer. I'm think it's due to mostly dehydration but I'm not quite sure anyone.

It's due to lack of vitamin D. I've had severe eczema in 2005 and left my face scarred. Since then I've been taking vit d regularly and it has stopped 99% of eczema from returning. The times when I haven't taken it for a while which is rare, it comes back at random areas on my body
Banned
Jan 20, 2017
584 posts
145 upvotes
Is it compareable to lac hydrin or am lactin?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
7035 posts
3394 upvotes
Montreal
sireatsalot wrote: Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream for face and body (for dry to very dry skin).
That’s the cream that my family doctor recommended.
Jul 30, 2010
600 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
Someone I know was recommended La Roche Posay Lipikar AP+ by an allergist when encountered eczema and allergy prone skin redness.

When bought at 20x at SDM, price is a bit reasonable.

Will try this one at Costco.
Feb 20, 2019
132 posts
202 upvotes
Montreal
hyperzore wrote: Someone I know was recommended La Roche Posay Lipikar AP+ by an allergist when encountered eczema and allergy prone skin redness.
I tried both (Lipikar & Cerave, many times) and I like the Cerave better on my eczema, but that's a personnal opinion! I use glaxal base out of the shower and cerave the other time. Seems the work pretty well for me.
May 20, 2018
36 posts
37 upvotes
I think it varies from person to person, but Galaxal does not work on my eczema.

I’ve tried many brands and Gold Bond works for a short time, but Flexitol (the extremely dry skin one) is by far the most effective and long lasting.

Will have to look for samples of Cerave to compare.
May 11, 2007
979 posts
722 upvotes
Kitchener
thx OP, got 4 y'day from Waterloo, ON Costco.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
1250 posts
1302 upvotes
West GTA

In the wintertime the air gets extremely dry. Cold air can't hold as much moisture as warm air, so as it warms the relative humidity of the air drops. That means the air in your home gets dry, and the air outside gets dry as it warms as it touches your skin. This strips moisture from your skin. If you have a very effective barrier to keep moisture in your skin, and your skin tends to produce a lot of moisture, then your skin can handle it. If it tends to lack moisture, or the moisture isn't protected by an effective barrier, then it'll get quite dry. Some people can handle more dryness than others without undue irritation, while others can get eczema flareups.

So the best way to address this dryness is to try to hit all parts of it - start by boosting moisture with a bath or shower, then immediately following the bath of shower support your skin's barrier with a moisturizer that contains material that keeps the water from escaping. When you clean your skin, use a mild skin cleanser only as anything stronger will strip your skin's barrier, and don't use anything abrasive which can irritate your skin.

One thing that's common is for people to shower every day with harsh cleansers that strip oil from skin - the skin then gets dry, then the skin's response is to increase oil production, ending up with skin that has too much oil and not enough water. Instead of doing that, a daily shower but only using a full-body cleanser every other day, using moisturizer every day, etc will keep skin moisturized without excessive oil.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
1513 posts
1166 upvotes
Toronto
Apparently most Costco was sold out of this already.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11598 posts
1524 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: Anything for lips with eczema that breaks out with everything?
When I had cracked lips that would not heal, the only relief I could find was LaRoche posay cicaplast balm. It's $10 at shoppers I went through 4 of them. They didn't heal me, but they kept the redness down and soothed it so I could live in relative peace. The problem was actually fixed when I used protopic, a non steroid prescription cream for my eczema that's safe to use on face (allegedly). If helped me a lot as I had problems on my eyelids that I did not want to put steroids on.