Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] CeraVe Moisturizing Cream: 539g tub + 57g tube - $14.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2021 1:24 am
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2017
1258 posts
1231 upvotes
Lots of inventory in front of the pharmacy at the Britannia/Mavis mississauga location
Nov 7, 2003
991 posts
324 upvotes
slowtyper wrote: When I had cracked lips that would not heal, the only relief I could find was LaRoche posay cicaplast balm. It's $10 at shoppers I went through 4 of them. They didn't heal me, but they kept the redness down and soothed it so I could live in relative peace. The problem was actually fixed when I used protopic, a non steroid prescription cream for my eczema that's safe to use on face (allegedly). If helped me a lot as I had problems on my eyelids that I did not want to put steroids on.
I have the same problem and nothing seems to help.... it drives me crazy and makes me look like my face is falling off!!!
Everyone has cool signatures with the stuffs they own listed... I'm in!!!
Koodo $40 6GB plan + Public Mobile $15 for 100 mins and 250MB Data X2 for the parents
Some Apple stuffs
Some Android stuffs
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3472 posts
380 upvotes
Toronto
150 stock at brampton location
====================================
Nov 5, 2018
299 posts
239 upvotes
jellytime wrote: Wow, I envy your only winter flare ups...

Anyway, if you want something that's more of a natural healing cream these are the two I always recommend to mild eczema suffers and they work most times for them.

1. Organic Eczema Relief - You can buy it from whole foods or anywhere online, well.ca has it. I usually use it in the morning before I go to work or before I go to bed.
https://well.ca/products/satya-organic- ... 18986.html

2. Black Ointment Propolis - There's a local store in my area where I can buy it from, but below is the product. This one is quite tricky to use becaues it smells, A LOT. I wouldn't say it smells bad, but it has a very strong smell that people will be able to smell. I wore it work once and people knew I had something on, so now I only put it on at home
https://www.planetbee.com/shop-online/3 ... -ointment/

If I were to choose only one, I would recommend the Black Ointment as it seems like it's the most effective at healing my skin naturally. Unfortunately, I have to combine it with steroid creams, but it sounds like your skin may benefit from simply using it.

I try tons of products and most of them don't work for me, but the cerave, vaseline, and the honey creams above seem like they're the best combo for me. I would seriously give them a try if you're serious about trying to fix your eczema naturally.

Good luck!
PeterG684243 wrote: It's due to lack of vitamin D. I've had severe eczema in 2005 and left my face scarred. Since then I've been taking vit d regularly and it has stopped 99% of eczema from returning. The times when I haven't taken it for a while which is rare, it comes back at random areas on my body
grumble wrote: In the wintertime the air gets extremely dry. Cold air can't hold as much moisture as warm air, so as it warms the relative humidity of the air drops. That means the air in your home gets dry, and the air outside gets dry as it warms as it touches your skin. This strips moisture from your skin. If you have a very effective barrier to keep moisture in your skin, and your skin tends to produce a lot of moisture, then your skin can handle it. If it tends to lack moisture, or the moisture isn't protected by an effective barrier, then it'll get quite dry. Some people can handle more dryness than others without undue irritation, while others can get eczema flareups.

So the best way to address this dryness is to try to hit all parts of it - start by boosting moisture with a bath or shower, then immediately following the bath of shower support your skin's barrier with a moisturizer that contains material that keeps the water from escaping. When you clean your skin, use a mild skin cleanser only as anything stronger will strip your skin's barrier, and don't use anything abrasive which can irritate your skin.

One thing that's common is for people to shower every day with harsh cleansers that strip oil from skin - the skin then gets dry, then the skin's response is to increase oil production, ending up with skin that has too much oil and not enough water. Instead of doing that, a daily shower but only using a full-body cleanser every other day, using moisturizer every day, etc will keep skin moisturized without excessive oil.
These are great suggestions! I hadnt thought about the vitamin D!

I'll try that and then the lotions and balms. I try to put lotion or a petroleum jelly product on after a shower too.

Thanks everyone!
Dec 16, 2009
114 posts
18 upvotes
My daughter has very dry and sensitive skin (used to have eczema). Out of everything we've ever tried there are only 2 products that haven't stung/burned her skin: Badger Balm for Sensitive Skin and Coconut oil. (We haven't tried either Cetaphil or CeraVe creams yet.) The coconut oil we buy in a giant jar from Costco then I scoop some into a smaller jar. It is a little solid at room temperature but starts to melt immediately once on warm skin. It does leave you a bit greasy though. You can also add it to bath water to help the skin not dry out.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2417 posts
714 upvotes
Gta
vividind wrote: Anyone seen in GTA area?
I saw a a whole bunch at the Ellesmere +warden location in Scarborough when I was there yesterday
Koodo member
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3472 posts
380 upvotes
Toronto
plenty at brampton location and some1 mentioned at missisauga heartland as well. I didn't people hording them while i was there around 1:30 pm lol
====================================
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2206 posts
1680 upvotes
Mississauga
Grabbed two from Mississauga West earlier today. There was plenty left.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
3439 posts
649 upvotes
GTA
I was at Costco in Richmond Hill last night and couldn't fine any. Asked an employee and he said that they sold out hours ago.
Feb 18, 2008
546 posts
1046 upvotes
miquelonlake wrote: My daughter has very dry and sensitive skin (used to have eczema). Out of everything we've ever tried there are only 2 products that haven't stung/burned her skin: Badger Balm for Sensitive Skin and Coconut oil. (We haven't tried either Cetaphil or CeraVe creams yet.) The coconut oil we buy in a giant jar from Costco then I scoop some into a smaller jar. It is a little solid at room temperature but starts to melt immediately once on warm skin. It does leave you a bit greasy though. You can also add it to bath water to help the skin not dry out.
I also did the coconut oil trick with my daughter who do eczema. The Best trick for us is to blend oats in flour make a paste with it and put on skin. Putting it in your bath water also works but less effective. I call it the biscuit enrobage.

I use Bioderma atorderm intensive care cream but I don't really like it's so greasy! So we put it and rinse after a few minutes. But it seems to work to stop itching.

My favorite product is by far Bioderma ultra nurishing cleansing oil! It does wonder!
I lost the ability to remember things when I lost the right to a full night's sleep.
Oct 1, 2018
141 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
miquelonlake wrote: My daughter has very dry and sensitive skin (used to have eczema). Out of everything we've ever tried there are only 2 products that haven't stung/burned her skin: Badger Balm for Sensitive Skin and Coconut oil. (We haven't tried either Cetaphil or CeraVe creams yet.) The coconut oil we buy in a giant jar from Costco then I scoop some into a smaller jar. It is a little solid at room temperature but starts to melt immediately once on warm skin. It does leave you a bit greasy though. You can also add it to bath water to help the skin not dry out.
I personally have extremely dry skin as well. I find Cerave is much more effective than cetaphil. Cetaphil is a bit too thin of a cream. Cerevae foaming cleanser is also very effective for the face but make sure you moisturize after using it as it takes a lot of the protective oil layer off.
Oct 27, 2017
717 posts
577 upvotes
The_Professor wrote: I was at Costco in Richmond Hill last night and couldn't fine any. Asked an employee and he said that they sold out hours ago.
Was there at lunch. Asked about stock, guy told me they expect shipment this evening.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3393 posts
137 upvotes
queenofhearts wrote: I saw a a whole bunch at the Ellesmere +warden location in Scarborough when I was there yesterday
Down to half a skid remaining as of 4pm.
The RFD Doctrine
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
Apr 13, 2019
118 posts
95 upvotes
Montreal
Does this go on sale often? Debating if I should buy it now..
Oct 6, 2008
32 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Bought some last night from Vaughan (Weston/Highway 7). Was still a whole bunch left.
Aug 14, 2006
957 posts
89 upvotes
Thanks OP went in to the Kitchener one tonight and grabbed one along with other stuff I don't really need.

I'll try it out and see its results as I have eczema.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2107 posts
2993 upvotes
cheapbum wrote: I personally have extremely dry skin as well. I find Cerave is much more effective than cetaphil. Cetaphil is a bit too thin of a cream. Cerevae foaming cleanser is also very effective for the face but make sure you moisturize after using it as it takes a lot of the protective oil layer off.
That's why I use Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, Cetaphil Pro Body Wash, and then CeraVe Moisturizing Cream. This combo has done wonders for my skin, post accutane.

Cetaphil isn't soap based so it doesn't remove the protective oils from your skin. Skin cleanser for hands/face, body wash in shower. CeraVe everywhere when needed.

cleanse.jpg
Mar 2, 2018
20 posts
3 upvotes
Earlier today, at Burnaby Lougheed/Brighton Costco there was a lot left in multiple skids at the end of the aisle and in the regular place. At least 80