[Costco] CeraVe Moisturizing Cream: 539g tub + 57g tube - $14.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2020 1:49 am
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
2414 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
Billy Bishop had at least 50 left this afternoon.
Dec 1, 2018
433 posts
405 upvotes
livetilapia wrote: Can you use this on your face? TIA
Yes I’ve used for spot moisturizing on my face , didn’t break me out so I’m glad
May 11, 2008
332 posts
11 upvotes
TO
Dixie/Dundas in Mississauga had a ton left - picked up 2!
theOG
Dec 24, 2011
721 posts
324 upvotes
I usually use Cetaphil + Gold Bond, but was curious about this cream. Damn is it overpriced in Canada.

Down south it's $13 USD, so this is still a good deal, but it shouldn't be double the price at regular price in Canada.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3129 posts
616 upvotes
Vancouver
saw a bunch in the Vancouver downtown location.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1542 posts
424 upvotes
Ancaster had about 15 left as of 7pm last night.

Are people using a pump with this these?
Sep 11, 2011
348 posts
139 upvotes
firegarden wrote: I have no knowledge about quality of moisturizer brands. Can anyone tell me whats the difference between this and Lubriderm?
I personally prefer the unscented Lubriderm Costco sells. I find that Cerave is sticky and has a weird scent.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11359 posts
1392 upvotes
loletifie wrote: I also did the coconut oil trick with my daughter who do eczema. The Best trick for us is to blend oats in flour make a paste with it and put on skin. Putting it in your bath water also works but less effective. I call it the biscuit enrobage.

I use Bioderma atorderm intensive care cream but I don't really like it's so greasy! So we put it and rinse after a few minutes. But it seems to work to stop itching.

My favorite product is by far Bioderma ultra nurishing cleansing oil! It does wonder!
Could you elaborate on exactly how you make the oatmeal paste? Oats and flour blended to powder? Then water to make paste? My daughter has bad eczema on her hands and I want to try.
Feb 18, 2008
530 posts
1028 upvotes
slowtyper wrote: Could you elaborate on exactly how you make the oatmeal paste? Oats and flour blended to powder? Then water to make paste? My daughter has bad eczema on her hands and I want to try.
Put oats in blender and blend it for it to become a fine powder (flour). Then in a bowl mix the oats with water to make a paste and put it where you want. Let sit for some time then rinse.
I lost the ability to remember things when I lost the right to a full night's sleep.
Nov 5, 2018
281 posts
218 upvotes
Ferinthu1 wrote: These are great suggestions! I hadnt thought about the vitamin D!

I'll try that and then the lotions and balms. I try to put lotion or a petroleum jelly product on after a shower too.

Thanks everyone!
jellytime wrote: Wow, I envy your only winter flare ups...

Anyway, if you want something that's more of a natural healing cream these are the two I always recommend to mild eczema suffers and they work most times for them.

1. Organic Eczema Relief - You can buy it from whole foods or anywhere online, well.ca has it. I usually use it in the morning before I go to work or before I go to bed.
https://well.ca/products/satya-organic- ... 18986.html

2. Black Ointment Propolis - There's a local store in my area where I can buy it from, but below is the product. This one is quite tricky to use becaues it smells, A LOT. I wouldn't say it smells bad, but it has a very strong smell that people will be able to smell. I wore it work once and people knew I had something on, so now I only put it on at home
https://www.planetbee.com/shop-online/3 ... -ointment/

If I were to choose only one, I would recommend the Black Ointment as it seems like it's the most effective at healing my skin naturally. Unfortunately, I have to combine it with steroid creams, but it sounds like your skin may benefit from simply using it.

I try tons of products and most of them don't work for me, but the cerave, vaseline, and the honey creams above seem like they're the best combo for me. I would seriously give them a try if you're serious about trying to fix your eczema naturally.

Good luck!
Hey wanted to give you an update... I started taking vitamin D and am already noticing a difference (it's day 2 to be fair).

I'd highly suggest that if you haven't tried it! My skin is a lot less itchy. Im hopeful about this part. I'm also continuing to moisturize.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1321 posts
330 upvotes
When you guys say you use these on your kids...how old are your kids? Can I use this for a 10 month old?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
1177 posts
1155 upvotes
West GTA
tatung wrote: When you guys say you use these on your kids...how old are your kids? Can I use this for a 10 month old?
Yes absolutely. It's probably the default recommended moisturizer for infants and toddlers, starting from zero months. I use it every day.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3083 posts
1959 upvotes
Langley
Ferinthu1 wrote: Hey wanted to give you an update... I started taking vitamin D and am already noticing a difference (it's day 2 to be fair).

I'd highly suggest that if you haven't tried it! My skin is a lot less itchy. Im hopeful about this part. I'm also continuing to moisturize.
Thanks for your update. I think i'm going to try the Vit. D as well. Especially during these winter months. I might as well give it a shot. I appreciate your update!