[Costco] Chamberlain Garage Door Opener Sale Price $259 - Hot Buys, Reg. $ 349

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2019 11:49 am
[OP]
Sep 4, 2018
15 posts
11 upvotes

[Costco] Chamberlain Garage Door Opener Sale Price $259 - Hot Buys, Reg. $ 349

One of the best Garage door openers on the market.

The price is a good deal and certainly a must for the weather we have been having

Nice options of WIFI to control it from your phone Via the My Q app and 3/4 HP which will open most standard size doors.

What is even better is its from Costco ...... Pretty much guaranteed for life with their amazing return policy.

They usually go for $349 - $399 depending on the model but honestly most vendors sell the same ones and give them different model numbers to avoid price matching.

A good buy for whoever was waiting on one and wanted to upgrade to a super quiet machine.

Happy buying
23 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1533 posts
1063 upvotes
Waterloo
The costco's model is Chamberlains B751c model. Correct me if I'm wrong, as far as I can tell, it's the exact same model as the B750c that's sold at Lowe's or HD except that B751c comes with a MyQ Smart lamp control.

The MyQ smart lamp control sells at $40 USD, so roughly $50 canadian.

Home Depot had a sale on the B750c model back in Black Friday was $200. I bought it from HD after Lowe's denied my PM because of Black Friday reasons.

If you buy the lamp control separately, that's $250 total on sale, which is comparable to the Costco price. The lamp control is arguably useless (IMO) and not a necessity. Therefore it would be better to wait for the HD sale at $200 again.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2005
1658 posts
1933 upvotes
Toronto
Sicklyslick wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:12 pm
The costco's model is Chamberlains B751c model. Correct me if I'm wrong, as far as I can tell, it's the exact same model as the B750c that's sold at Lowe's or HD except that B751c comes with a MyQ Smart lamp control.

Home Depot had a sale on the B750c model back in Black Friday was $200. I bought it from HD after Lowe's denied my PM because of Black Friday reasons.

If you buy the lamp control separately, that's $250 total on sale, which is comparable to the Costco price. The lamp control is arguably useless (IMO) and not a necessity. Therefore it would be better to wait for the HD sale at $200 again.
but its costco... u can take it back when a "smarter" garage door opener comes on the market... maybe one that recognizes your car and lets you drive in... :)
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1991 posts
999 upvotes
Mississauga
Sicklyslick wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:12 pm

+1. Lamp control is pretty much useless and totally not worth 50$. You could rather get a pair of TP link smart plugs for around 40-45$ which is more versatile.
Oct 13, 2015
133 posts
53 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Why do people want " MyQ smart lamp control "? useless feature for me.

Backup battery is very important in case of a blackout, and it is not listed in this model.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1533 posts
1063 upvotes
Waterloo
RubberHumpty wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:50 pm

Backup battery is very important in case of a blackout, and it is not listed in this model.
It is pretty pointless. I believe the bulb in these units are standard (I haven't used mine yet) so I can just replace it with a smart bulb and control it with my phone. It'll service the same function essentially.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2219 posts
865 upvotes
apparently: linking to Google Assistant requires $, fnck Scamberlain!
"A Eruchîn, ú-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas!" -- Aragorn
Hath no loyalty to any ISP, for you shall receive none!
May 30, 2006
411 posts
151 upvotes
I got the one from Lowes last year and have been very happy with it. I think it was less than this one but I can't find the bill anymore. Extremely quiet but a bit slow to open the door.

It connected to my Smartthings with no issues and can open/close it with Alexa voice commands as well. I added an Ecolink zwave tilt sensor to have full integration with Smartthings and can now see it's open/close status and it will also turn on the lights in my house when I open the door using the garage door opener.

If you're like me and don't want to spend a few hours to get the opener installed, I recommend you contact Canadian Tire. I had called a few local installers but the prices were insane. Almost the cost of the opener itself. So we called CT and they did it for less than $100. I think technically they only install openers you purchase from them but when they asked if we bought the opener from them, we were vague and just said "we have it already". We didn't say we got it from them and they didn't ask. In the end they sent us one of the installers we had contacted that was going to charge us the crazy price.
Last edited by nextguy on Jan 11th, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 25, 2009
781 posts
318 upvotes
Toronto
This would be hot if the battery backup module was included
Aug 12, 2018
10 posts
5 upvotes
Quick warning to those who plan on using Google Home / Amazon Echo with this garage door and MyQ... Chamberlain and their infinite wisdom has chosen to charge a yearly subscription fee to allow you to use it with your home smart devices.
Jun 21, 2017
190 posts
189 upvotes
Ontario
RubberHumpty wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:50 pm

Why do people want battery backup? useless feature for me.

When was the last time we had a blackout that last more than 2 minutes? 15 years ago?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2219 posts
865 upvotes
Npno25 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 9:09 am
Why do people want battery backup? useless feature for me.

When was the last time we had a blackout that last more than 2 minutes? 15 years ago?
A couple months ago in the Ottawa region. My sister family has the habit of only enter thru the garage with keypad and not bringing house key with them. They were locked out of their house for several days!

This is the Merivale power station
"A Eruchîn, ú-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas!" -- Aragorn
Hath no loyalty to any ISP, for you shall receive none!
Oct 5, 2016
27 posts
21 upvotes
sonyminidiscman wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 11:25 pm
but its costco... u can take it back when a "smarter" garage door opener comes on the market... maybe one that recognizes your car and lets you drive in... :)
I hope you're joking...
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
10341 posts
2619 upvotes
Markham
2 review out of 8 saying that the opener will open by itself randomly, and no fix by the manufacture yet...

hum... :rolleyes:
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2004
1114 posts
147 upvotes
They don't have lock smith in ottawa?
bogolisk wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 9:30 am
A couple months ago in the Ottawa region. My sister family has the habit of only enter thru the garage with keypad and not bringing house key with them. They were locked out of their house for several days!