• May 19th, 2021 1:03 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 13, 2013
426 posts
354 upvotes

[Costco] Chamberlain Secure View Smart Garage Door Opener B6765

Chamberlain's Top of the Line Garage Door Opener with all the Bells and Whistles you can think of including WiFi, Camera, etc.

Definitely a good Deal if someone is in the market.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
31 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1848 posts
1063 upvotes
Edmonton
Wow a camera on a garage door opener. Next, they'll be a bidet with a camera to make sure your bung hole is clean before standing up :)

Speaking of, I bought a Chamberlain Whisper Drive GDO when I bought my house in 2013, but never got around to installing it. It had smart phone function to open but what OP posted, technology updates so fast
Sep 13, 2018
168 posts
306 upvotes
dj_rice wrote: Wow a camera on a garage door opener. Next, they'll be a bidet with a camera to make sure your bung hole is clean before standing up :)

Speaking of, I bought a Chamberlain Whisper Drive GDO when I bought my house in 2013, but never got around to installing it. It had smart phone function to open but what OP posted, technology updates so fast
You kid but I have this and it also has two way audio to the garage door opener so you can look into the camera and talk to the person in the garage. "Don't forget to get your wallet from the car!"

Camera is good when it works but in the cold it's spotty for me even though there is an eero near it.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1852 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like a solid deal. I can’t see the use of a camera inside my garage though.. ultimately for this price it’s hard to argue
Nov 17, 2013
173 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto, ON
whats the point of the camera?
Aug 30, 2009
244 posts
74 upvotes
I need two of these. Anyone know if this is available in Ontario? Seems like all the costcos around here are only selling essential items in store.
Dec 19, 2005
982 posts
56 upvotes
Brampton
speedrun wrote: I need two of these. Anyone know if this is available in Ontario? Seems like all the costcos around here are only selling essential items in store.
I am also looking for one. However, I don't think they will sell them until the lock down ends. :(
Dec 12, 2018
8 posts
3 upvotes
The cool thing about this is the amazon key in-garage delivery. You can let them deliver the package in your garage. I'm not sure if this works in Canada but it works in the US
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10046 posts
5016 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MaxMartin wrote: whats the point of the camera?
Integrated Camera

Video camera can be manually tilted and rotated 360 degrees to see everything that happens in the garage.

HD-Quality Video

1080p, glare-resistant, night vision lens auto-adjusts to light levels in the garage to capture everything and anything that passes through the garage.
https://www.chamberlain.com/ca/secure-v ... er/p/B6765
Telus Peace of Mind Plan $45 25GB
Apr 29, 2001
248 posts
117 upvotes
Montreal
BehrouzS179686 wrote: The cool thing about this is the amazon key in-garage delivery. You can let them deliver the package in your garage. I'm not sure if this works in Canada but it works in the US
Not available in Canada yet, hopefully soon. Will be practical to save some packages from porch pirates.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
8599 posts
3418 upvotes
Toronto
Don't think you can buy this in ON atm, can you?
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1725 posts
457 upvotes
Montreal
Good price. I paid same but without camera.
Led light is very bright
Mar 18, 2007
354 posts
140 upvotes
Edmonton, ab
2K6TSX wrote: Seems like a solid deal. I can’t see the use of a camera inside my garage though.. ultimately for this price it’s hard to argue
I put an old webcam in my garage to let me check if the door is left open when we are away. I never trust those sensors - nice to see the status.
Jun 9, 2019
448 posts
573 upvotes
Does this have its own integration with Alexa? Otherwise, Ring (for example) does not have integration with MyQ in Canada, so you'd need another Z wave hub to hook this up in an Alexa ecosystem.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3146 posts
1186 upvotes
Ottawa
To check if the door was left open, or if you hear a sound and want to make sure it's not someone trying to break and enter - basically it's like a Ring / Nest Doorbell (in the camera / talk aspect)
Feb 5, 2009
942 posts
180 upvotes
Akitakara wrote: To check if the door was left open, or if you hear a sound and want to make sure it's not someone trying to break and enter - basically it's like a Ring / Nest Doorbell (in the camera / talk aspect)
That and to see who has broken in to your garage, there have been incidents around here where people break into a car out side of the garage and use the garage door opener to get in. I personally try not to leave any garage door opener that is programmed in a vehicle if it is parked outside of the garage overnight.
Feb 4, 2011
7 posts
4 upvotes
Collingwood, Ontario
I just googled what the star means in the corner of the price tag and it looks like either the manufacturer or Costco are discontinuing this item.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2009
1447 posts
237 upvotes
Calgary
what location are you OP? anyone see in Calgary?

EDIT: Called calgary location and it didn't come up in their system. So must be out east.
Nov 24, 2018
688 posts
828 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
YMMV, Montreal Area still at 399.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
22035 posts
3821 upvotes
Niagara Falls
2K6TSX wrote: Seems like a solid deal. I can’t see the use of a camera inside my garage though.. ultimately for this price it’s hard to argue
I have my own camera in my garage and I use it for pickup / drop off confirmation. I can remotely open my garage door when someone arrives at my house, then my garage camera and see what's going on with the exchange. Could I get by without it? Absolutely, do I enjoy hving it? Yup.