Hot Deals

Costco

CHARGING ESSENTIALS RECEPTACLE OUTLETS TAMPER RESISTANT 2PK(with USB C and USB A ports) for $19.99 store ($29.99 online)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2022 7:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7052 posts
4903 upvotes
Ottawa

[Costco] CHARGING ESSENTIALS RECEPTACLE OUTLETS TAMPER RESISTANT 2PK(with USB C and USB A ports) for $19.99 store ($29.99 online)

Update , both online and I store back to normal price now.

They are $25.99 online , $15.99 in store.

https://www.costco.ca/charging-essentia ... 72967.html

I installed 1 today , it’s pretty good, the usb c port can charge my 12.9 iPad Pro 2021. $15.99 for 2 packs , I think it’s a good price.

The Brand is Litesun.

Update: I already installed 5 of them , all of them so far so good, I test them on my iPad Pro 12.9 2021 M1 which can get 14w constantly output. I think they are good usb c chargers which is not like other charger changes output watts all the times. Some RFDer even mention good brand can output 65 w from wall, I don’t want that , that would be very hot inside , there has few room left inside.
485FBE31-E554-48D6-9EAB-717E8209E5D0.jpeg
F5312C4B-FDA6-434B-9873-C504BFDA26CD.jpeg
1EEC87E8-A78F-46F8-8727-ADE9E7BE76AC.jpeg
C3A3DC3B-4C45-4CFA-9B57-78BC43263208.jpeg
A62D9922-0942-4904-8EAB-4579C743F8E4.png
Last edited by sonyHdr12 on Dec 19th, 2022 8:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Thread Summary
As @djdudka mentioned:
This plug is quite large: width and depth if you have an old house.
53 replies
Dec 23, 2007
954 posts
403 upvotes
Winnipeg
Decent for the price so you can't really go wrong.

The 4.2 amp would be divided by two. So each charging port would only be 2.1 amp. Someone correct me if i'm wrong
Mar 13, 2007
69 posts
165 upvotes
Calgary
These don't follow power delivery specifications so they will not be able to fast charge any devices.

I bought a few and they lasted weeks, took them back.
Jan 18, 2009
33 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Be warned for these, if you live in an older house these may not physically fit the the receptacle box. The older style boxes were narrow and shallow. This plug is quite large: width and depth.

I had to return some, 1960s house with plaster walls
Mar 28, 2018
65 posts
137 upvotes
djdudka wrote: Be warned for these, if you live in an older house these may not physically fit the the receptacle box. The older style boxes were narrow and shallow. This plug is quite large: width and depth.

You can make it fit. Was tight but I was able to make it work.
Try it for yourself, don't let this deter you. Can always return with Costco
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7052 posts
4903 upvotes
Ottawa
djdudka wrote: Be warned for these, if you live in an older house these may not physically fit the the receptacle box. The older style boxes were narrow and shallow. This plug is quite large: width and depth.

True, it’s really tight, I had trouble to put it in. It’s my first floor outlet which have triple wires ( black , white and ground ( totally 9 wires.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Jul 20, 2014
73 posts
111 upvotes
Quispamsis
These use power constantly. Can't plug the transformer out.
Nov 28, 2016
727 posts
309 upvotes
sonyHdr12 wrote: True, it’s really tight, I had trouble to put it in. It’s my first floor outlet which have triple wires ( black , white and ground ( totally 9 wires.
My friend said try using some lube before putting it in.
I’m not sure if that will really work.
Lurking on RFD for years. Finally decided to make an account...😂
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
2087 posts
1953 upvotes
dealyou wrote: My friend said try using some lube before putting it in.
I’m not sure if that will really work.
Thinking FaceThinking FaceSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1249 posts
995 upvotes
Toronto
lak8 wrote: Decent for the price so you can't really go wrong.

The 4.2 amp would be divided by two. So each charging port would only be 2.1 amp. Someone correct me if i'm wrong
I'm no electrician, so is that when both in use or all times?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8640 posts
8982 upvotes
vonronge wrote: These use power constantly. Can't plug the transformer out.
True, but being switch mode power supplies the amount of power they consume on standby is probably on the order of a few cents per year. The nightlight in your kids room, plugged in and off (due to the light sensor) consumes much more.
Last edited by repatch on Dec 9th, 2022 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7052 posts
4903 upvotes
Ottawa
repatch wrote: True, but being switch mode power supplies the amount of power they consume on standby is probably on the order of a few cents per year. The nightlight in your kids room, plugged in and off (due to the light sensor) consumers much more.
make sense.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Feb 13, 2021
543 posts
538 upvotes
repatch wrote: True, but being switch mode power supplies the amount of power they consume on standby is probably on the order of a few cents per year. The nightlight in your kids room, plugged in and off (due to the light sensor) consumers much more.
Only if the night light has an incandescent bulb. My LED night light uses only an tenth of a watt.
Jul 5, 2017
180 posts
196 upvotes
The way ports like these work is, they have 1 power supply channel for 5v 4.2A connected to 2 ports. You can draw 3A on one, 1A on the other one or however config you like netting to the max amperage. The more you draw towards the limit, the lesser the efficiency. Most of the smaller supplies like this one are 90%+ efficiency so it wouldn't really matter. These are good for charging your phone overnight, fast charging everyday will wreck your battery in a year so its ideal to keep a fast charging block handy and use it only when you need it. When the outlets are not used, it will cost you maybe 10c a year.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8640 posts
8982 upvotes
BenKlaar wrote: Only if the night light has an incandescent bulb. My LED night light uses only an tenth of a watt.
An interesting tidbit of the circuitry in a light sensing nightlight is the cheaper ones sometimes use just as much power when 'off' as they do when 'on'.

And since nightlights often use use a capacitor voltage divider (instead of a switch mode power supply) their efficiency is atrocious.

Of course, considering how low power they are the effect on your utility bill is in the noise floor, but the facts remain.
Jul 20, 2014
73 posts
111 upvotes
Quispamsis
FooNdaR wrote: Well, technically you can’t PLUG anything OUT.
Face With Tears Of Joy
English wasn't invented in Canada.
Jul 20, 2014
73 posts
111 upvotes
Quispamsis
I don't have children.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8640 posts
8982 upvotes
vonronge wrote: I don't have children.
Kinda missed the point there... I'll restate:

The idle power of an AC adapter based on a SMPS design is so minimal it is in the noise floor: i.e. you wouldn't be able to tell at the end of the year whether an extra cent or two went to it or not.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
8640 posts
8982 upvotes
vonronge wrote: English wasn't invented in Canada.
I'm curious: what point are you making exactly?
Oct 23, 2020
10 posts
1 upvote
Hi,

Which location has this? I looked around GTA (ON) but couldn't spot them last week. It could be they just arrived this week.

Thanks,

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)