Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Chef’sChoice 1520 Knife Sharpener Is back at Costco for $99.99 - now OOS

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2020 8:35 pm
Jul 13, 2006
436 posts
347 upvotes
Calgary
Thank you OP.

Jumped on this deal after missing the last time they were at Costco.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
1117 posts
167 upvotes
k7 avenger wrote: It definitely works well even on crappy knives - I got one the last time around. I have a random bunch of knives, none of which are "good" and they are all stupid sharp now.
I accidentally sliced off a small piece of finger slicing some potatoes and it was like a surgical cut.
I also jumped on the 2 pc set of Global knives at the same time, and while they haven't had to be sharpened yet, the crappy knives are almost as sharp as the factory Global edge.
So I have a kitchen aid knife block and I bought the sharpener from Amazon but they do not make a huge difference. Will this help my kitchen aid knifes get sharp again?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1993 posts
1861 upvotes
I already have a powered whetstone that I've been using for sharpening knives but this just makes it a lot easier.

Damn it RFD! I buy things at Costco I didn't know I needed and I'm doing the same here.
Jun 25, 2007
63 posts
16 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks OP! I have been checking Costco daily for this to see if they were bringing it back. I hadn't check yet this morning but did see your post. Much appreciated :)
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2487 posts
1701 upvotes
North Vancouver
k7 avenger wrote: If it's a standard knife, it's likely a 20° edge, if it's a Japanese style, it could be a 15° edge. I sharpened my santuko style knife through the 15° sharpener even though it might not have come from the factory that way and it is very nice.
Great, thanks! Just ordered.
Basil: Well, may I ask what you were expecting to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House, perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically -?
Oct 25, 2001
918 posts
651 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks. Tired of using the Spyderco Sharpmaker as I realize I'm terrible at holding a consistent angle in the air.
Oct 21, 2009
20 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
This is pretty relevant.

He tests the ChefChoice, but I think a slightly different model.

Apr 20, 2005
473 posts
214 upvotes
The effective lifespan of this sharpener would be far greater if one was able to clean the metal particles that gets loaded onto the diamond plated discs inside.

Only sharpen knives while they are dry in this else the sharpening discs may rust. Use light pressure when sharpening to prevent losing diamonds off the surface of the discs.
Nov 7, 2017
420 posts
1014 upvotes
Any filler items? Trying to use my $60 membership code.
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10152 posts
14699 upvotes
GT-EH
Managed to order one; thanks OP... missed out the last time.
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Jan 16, 2018
5 posts
4 upvotes
Newbie here, how do you check stock/inventory status, i see references to it in previous posts?

Edit : found it. By putting high number as qty...

Thanks OP.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5261 posts
2587 upvotes
Winnipeg
0Sense wrote: Any filler items? Trying to use my $60 membership code.
iTunes gift cards are on sale if that fits your needs.
This isn't a blog.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2107 posts
462 upvotes
Got one as well.

I have an cheap edge pro knock-off but it takes too long to sharpen my knives.
It used to be only death and taxes were inevitable. Now, of course, there's shipping and handling, too.
Dec 23, 2009
26 posts
10 upvotes
Ordered one - looking forward to having sharp knives again!
Jul 2, 2005
446 posts
175 upvotes
Mississauga
Check out the Workshop sharpener too. You can also get a leather strop belt.
The Ken Onion version is more expensive but have variable speed and allows you to get additional attachments (blade grinder and tool grinder you can user for lawnmower blades).

https://www.amazon.ca/Drill-Doctor-WSKT ... 149&sr=8-4
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10152 posts
14699 upvotes
GT-EH
Damn going fast - 30 left; buy now, think later folks! :D
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)