Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Chef’sChoice 1520 Knife Sharpener Is back at Costco for $99.99 - now OOS

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2020 8:35 pm
Sep 30, 2010
112 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto, ON
*Frantically looking for my credit card* - "JUST TAKE MY MONEY!!"
The world is burning - can't we all just get along?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1344 posts
845 upvotes
Vancouver
Damn...I couldn't resist...

I started with a guided sharpener a few years ago. They work but it takes way too much time to use them though. It was good for learning how edges are sharpened. Then I upgraded to a King whetstone, which is way faster but still time consuming if I have lots of knives to sharpen. I just placed an order for this one since it keeps selling out so fast. I hope it can get my knives as sharp as using the King stone. Lol It was selling so fast that I had to place the order before learning the brand name of this sharpener.
Last edited by turbo_slug on Jul 17th, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May 15, 2003
504 posts
76 upvotes
Richmond
I must have missed the last one by seconds... Confused Face
Due to inventory changes, item 1443349 in your cart is no longer available. This item cannot be purchased at this time.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
2107 posts
462 upvotes
MXMike wrote: I must have missed the last one by seconds... Confused Face
Last time the RFD thread has them with more stock after they were OOS.
So you should keep trying.
It used to be only death and taxes were inevitable. Now, of course, there's shipping and handling, too.
Sep 23, 2007
274 posts
1164 upvotes
Vancouver
MJB wrote: Last time the RFD thread has them with more stock after they were OOS.
F5 F5 F5

I have been waiting for this to go on sale. Grrrr.
[OP]
Dec 12, 2007
28 posts
56 upvotes
Scarborough Ont
Item 1443349 is out of stock or unavailable to order
F04F4441-AA51-496B-8A75-DE9461D1D83A.jpeg
[OP]
Dec 12, 2007
28 posts
56 upvotes
Scarborough Ont
MJB wrote: Last time the RFD thread has them with more stock after they were OOS.
True
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3341 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, got one a few minutes before OOS. Our knives haven't been sharpened in like 8 years so this will definitely make a difference.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5084 posts
2077 upvotes
Vancouver
Mistro wrote: How would this be worth it over something manual like this, for usage with not too expensive knives? (Like some vitorinox chef and pearing knives, and an old kitchenaid block set i got at ksp like 7 years back)?

https://www.amazon.ca/Lightsmax-Kitchen ... arp&sr=8-4
IMHO No comparison.

I own an older version of this Chefs Choice sharpener. For a family member leaving home to attend university, I bought a sharpener similar to what you posted. Garbage! Bought a second one supposedly of a higher quality. Ditto. The edges they gave the knives just do not compare to what you can easily achieve with the Chefs Choice.

I also have some stones for manual sharpening. Never use them after getting the Chef's Choice.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6509 posts
2184 upvotes
YEG
Accidentally ordered 2, so I cancelled 1.
Hit F5 and you might get lucky... :)
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5348 posts
11198 upvotes
Ottawa
giantnaga wrote: How does this compare to the one at walmart for 19.97?
walmart-chefs-choice-electric-knife-sha ... 7-2390023/
This should be a nice cheap alternative if you only need to sharper 20-degree knives (European/American). At least better than pull-through sharpener. $20 is a no-brainer for it.
It's Chef's Choice lower end sharpener though.
Last edited by seafish on Jul 17th, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1225 posts
1566 upvotes
Just a bit late - then read this and tried refresh and was able to get one in my cart, and immediately went to pay and got the oos message in the checkout Face With Tears Of Joy

cheers,
:)
rf134a wrote: Accidentally ordered 2, so I cancelled 1.
Hit F5 and you might get lucky... :)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6509 posts
2184 upvotes
YEG
klamchowder wrote: Just a bit late - then read this and tried refresh and was able to get one in my cart, and immediately went to pay and got the oos message in the checkout Face With Tears Of Joy

cheers,
:)
This is like a Walmart BF brawl for knife sharpeners!
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA