Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Chef's Choice 1520 knife sharpener - $99

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 7:44 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Oct 14, 2008
861 posts
291 upvotes

[Costco] Chef's Choice 1520 knife sharpener - $99

Just noticed this at Costco.ca. With all the knife deals lately I've seen 1520 mentioned a few times...Seems to be a good price...but buy first think later right? https://www.costco.ca/chef’schoice-3-st ... 54858.html

Last edited by Whirlwind on May 18th, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
108 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 8, 2003
1569 posts
168 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Thoughts on quality? Wanted to use this with my new Global G2 from costco
Jr. Member
May 1, 2011
163 posts
28 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Great deal! Amazon is 2x the price! Thanks!
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 15, 2009
2596 posts
1894 upvotes
North York
ChiGGz wrote: Thoughts on quality? Wanted to use this with my new Global G2 from costco
It'll keep your knives very sharp and wont grind off a lot of metal like the cheaper ones. Just run your knives through stage 3 once a month or so and it'll remain factory sharp.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 8, 2003
1569 posts
168 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
KiraSensei wrote: It'll keep your knives very sharp and wont grind off a lot of metal like the cheaper ones. Just run your knives through stage 3 once a month or so and it'll remain factory sharp.
factory sharp sounds good to me!
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1537 posts
380 upvotes
Nice that you ca use this with serrated on slot 3.
Buy will this ruin japanese knives with steeper than 15 degrees like my miyabi and Kramer or ones that are harder than vg10.
Might scratch the Damascus finish?
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 15, 2009
2596 posts
1894 upvotes
North York
jon604 wrote: Nice that you ca use this with serrated on slot 3.
Buy will this ruin japanese knives with steeper than 15 degrees like my miyabi and Kramer or ones that are harder than vg10.
Might scratch the Damascus finish?
Shouldnt be an issue:
Member
Jul 13, 2004
406 posts
122 upvotes
ChiGGz wrote: Thoughts on quality? Wanted to use this with my new Global G2 from costco
Same here. Ok to use with the G2? I bought a highly reviewed but pretty generic sharpener from Amazon. Reading online I shouldn't be using that with the G2. Keep seeing whetstone etc which seems more complicated.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1043 posts
441 upvotes
Vancouver
I use a king whetstone to sharpen my knives. Will this get my knives just as sharp?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 2, 2007
2040 posts
173 upvotes
Oky boss... $$100 for a sharper??
Just for cut my potatoes? And chicken meat?
Worth?!?!!
Chinese Food+MSG=Good Food :rolleyes:
Sr. Member
Nov 22, 2015
662 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto
chinese zzz wrote: Oky boss... $$100 for a sharper??
Just for cut my potatoes? And chicken meat?
Worth?!?!!
Why use a knife that costs money to cut potatoes? Just chomp them with your teeth! It's FREE!
Jr. Member
Dec 1, 2006
126 posts
15 upvotes
Thanks - was looking at getting one last week !!! Great price on a very good sharpener
Member
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
256 posts
632 upvotes
Waterloo
Hmm.. I already own a minosharp and dont know if this will be better for my Global Knives.

I was going to learn to whetstone but it takes up a lot of time.

Anyone have any advice to get this and replace my minosharp?
Member
Sep 22, 2010
497 posts
490 upvotes
Victoria
The 1520 works great with Globals. I use it exclusively now that I'm old and crusty and lazy. Works a charm.

This is an amazing price. Wish this deal was around back in the day when I grabbed my 1520.

Thanks,
Cal.
Member
Sep 22, 2010
497 posts
490 upvotes
Victoria
Thecheapindian wrote: Hmm.. I already own a minosharp and dont know if this will be better for my Global Knives.

I was going to learn to whetstone but it takes up a lot of time.

Anyone have any advice to get this and replace my minosharp?
I used to whetstone back in my restaurant days, but now the 1520 does the trick.

Thanks,
Cal.

Top