Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Chevrolet/GMC/Buick Preferred Pricing + $500 Costco Cash

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2019 12:25 am
Nov 19, 2014
734 posts
664 upvotes
GPS - error
I guess when going for this offer you could always do worse and get a Vulva, err i mean Volvo.

Here’s a reliability ranking from consumer reports,- best on top:

Lexus
Toyota
Mazda
Subaru
Kia
Infiniti
Audi
BMW
Mini
Hyundai
Porsche
Genesis
Acura
Nissan
Honda
Volkswagen
Mercedes-Benz
Ford
Buick
Lincoln
Dodge
Jeep
Chevrolet
Chrysler
GMC
Ram
Tesla
Cadillac
Volvo
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10039 posts
2665 upvotes
webworm wrote:
Jul 6th, 2019 1:20 pm
They go for quality instead. Driving a 2003 Corolla with 535,0000 K. Which GM model could I do that with?
Ya sure.. Ok bud

Jan 26, 2011
439 posts
172 upvotes
Gatineau
MusicEveryday wrote:
Jul 5th, 2019 5:09 pm
Don't worry, they'll sell you a 1200$ rust prevention package that includes a little electronic rust prevention module ;) ;) ;)

When your vehicle rusts anyways, they'll deny your claim sighting some arbitrary fine print exclusion ;) ;) ;)
We all know someone who leases a car and pays a thousand bucks for that module, saying "I've been using it on all my cars for 15 years and none of them have rusted!"...

If I changed cars every 4 years none of them would have rusted either! Unless it was a Mazda 3...

But those GM cars are pretty good against rust, the only bad model in recent history that I can remember was the Malibu 6th generation, my 2006 model was started to rust behind the fake chrome molding in the back by the time my lease was over in 2010, and those you see nowadays are full of rust (but they're all 10-15 years old, so the fact that they're still on the road means the mechanics was good).
Jan 26, 2011
439 posts
172 upvotes
Gatineau
webworm wrote:
They go for quality instead. Driving a 2003 Corolla with 535,0000 K. Which GM model could I do that with?
You see a few anecdotal cars with 1,000,000 miles here and there, it doesn't really mean anything as most will go to the crusher with less than 200,000 - 250,000 km. If your body doesn't rot (rust) and you're willing to invest in maintenance, any car can last as long as there are spare parts available. The 1,000,000 Tundra with its original V8 that was all over the news last year sounds like it is awesome, but the engine was completely rebuilt 3 times if I recall, it's just that most people once the engine needs to be rebuilt will sell the car/truck to the junk yard and move on. Same thing with the transmission, you will have to rebuild it (which really means replacing most of the parts) or replace it at some point.

Engine don't really die, unless the block cracks or the shaft bent and damaged it beyond repair, an engine should easily last over 350-400,000 km with a timing chain change at some point during its mid-life, and 500,000 km or more if you do a lot of highway, with relatively little maintenance (oil changes, keeping it cool while running, no frequent high RPM, head gasket changes, etc.).
Oct 31, 2015
53 posts
21 upvotes
Now left AB
I absolutely hate trying to buy a new vehicle these days. Never a straight answer on pricing and always feel like there is no clarity on pricing. Comments like "Well if you love the vehicle the dollars don't matter" True comment from a BMW dealer....I never returned after that gem. I think this time I will just sell the vehicle I am looking to replace and then wait for the right deal to pop up. Seems I always have one extra vehicle anyway.
Jan 26, 2011
439 posts
172 upvotes
Gatineau
Mechanic95 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2019 11:05 pm
I absolutely hate trying to buy a new vehicle these days. Never a straight answer on pricing and always feel like there is no clarity on pricing. Comments like "Well if you love the vehicle the dollars don't matter" True comment from a BMW dealer....I never returned after that gem. I think this time I will just sell the vehicle I am looking to replace and then wait for the right deal to pop up. Seems I always have one extra vehicle anyway.
I'll use that quote next time I sell something on Kijiji and someone wants to haggle!
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4475 posts
1551 upvotes
webworm wrote:
Cars are meant to be disposable. I wouldn't want to be driving in a 20 year old car I don't care if it has 0 problems.
Jun 20, 2018
46 posts
12 upvotes
Not in the market now, but thanks for sharing OP.
Feb 28, 2015
454 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is Redflagdeals. If you buy a new car, your a fool and shouldn't be here, you just lost thousands of dollars! Buy a lease return or a demo and save thousands.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10039 posts
2665 upvotes
skoalman123 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2019 8:45 am
This is Redflagdeals. If you buy a new car, your a fool and shouldn't be here, you just lost thousands of dollars! Buy a lease return or a demo and save thousands.
Fair but depending on needs, pricing and availability, sometimes new makes sense.

Cars are by far the best thing to buy slightly used as resale is terrible. Pick-up trucks on the other hand can be harder to find used for a good price.
Dec 9, 2017
63 posts
70 upvotes
skoalman123 wrote:
LOL ...no. A deal is a deal. This is RFD. Just because you can’t afford it, doesn’t make it bad. For some people, spending money on a brand new car adds value to the quality of life. By the same analogy, you should buy used underwater too, they must be dirt cheap.
I buy brand new at amazing deals. This is a good deal for a full size sedan, good on gas, average reliability and 0% minus the dealer shenanigans and addons
Oct 31, 2015
53 posts
21 upvotes
Now left AB
I will buy new if the deal is right but saving 5% on a 2019 model with 2020's due is not a good deal in my book, especially when you lose another 20% when you drive off the lot. Finding lease returns can be tough too, the dealers get hold of them and all of a sudden the savings are minimal.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
2850 posts
1545 upvotes
Ontario
skoalman123 wrote:
Tell that to the RFDers who bought a FFE new with rebate.

Demos are often a poor deal compared to a new model with incentives.

Lease returns are cheaper because a chunk of their value/life has been consumed by someone else.
"Never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, and the pig likes it"
Nov 16, 2016
250 posts
161 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2019 9:11 am
Fair but depending on needs, pricing and availability, sometimes new makes sense.

Cars are by far the best thing to buy slightly used as resale is terrible. Pick-up trucks on the other hand can be harder to find used for a good price.
Your so right. It seems like most pickups are cheap (even the new ones), but the second you want a even slightly nice one (not some white, base plasticy one), the prices jump by like 20k. A decent pickup truck with heated seats, supercrew, not plasticy and not the base trim, that's around 3 years old is approx. 38k.

I'm in Alberta so the prices tend to be higher since the demand for trucks is much better here.
Nov 16, 2016
250 posts
161 upvotes
webworm wrote:
Any GM car with a 3800 engine will go a million km. All the 5.3L and 6.2L I see do 400k no problem.

I think the thing with GM is that you can't shop blindly. If you know the defects and read before you buy, your good.