Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Citizen Eco-Drive Chronograph Blue Dial Men’s Watch - $159.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2021 8:03 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1574 posts
3584 upvotes
Canada

[Costco] Citizen Eco-Drive Chronograph Blue Dial Men’s Watch - $159.99

Continuing with the controversial Star Wars citizen's watch, hopefully this model "exudes male maturity, seasoning, and refinement" (according to the redflagdealsguy) Face With Tears Of Joy

All jokes aside, good looking watch, well reviewed technology, and a good price.

59 units as of posting this post, there were 67 last night.

Product page from Citizen's website : https://www.citizenwatch.eu/product/at2460-89l/
Images
  • imageService (4).jpg
Live a little
53 replies
Jul 26, 2008
352 posts
303 upvotes
Sidney
Not a bad looking watch, and a pretty solid price for an eco-drive. I have a few, never had an issue. Thanks OP.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
I've enjoyed my Eco-drive over the years, but I've used it hard, which has taught me two things: I absolutely need a sapphire crystal, and stainless steel bands scratch too easily.
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile, EVGA, Blizzard
Oct 18, 2016
174 posts
265 upvotes
How hard is it to get an eco drive watch repaired?
Seems interesting, and the marketing material says lasts a lifetime, but after some googling, it seems to have a 10 year lifespan. Seeing mixed results on repairs, after citizen warranty expires.
Feb 4, 2007
859 posts
887 upvotes
It's not high enough on the male maturity exudation meter for me, gonna have to be a pass from me bro.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7100 upvotes
West GTEH!
Jackji wrote: Continuing with the controversial Star Wars citizen's watch, hopefully this model "exudes male maturity, seasoning, and refinement" (according to the redflagdealsguy) Face With Tears Of Joy

All jokes aside, good looking watch, well reviewed technology, and a good price.

59 units as of posting this post, there were 67 last night.

Product page from Citizen's website : https://www.citizenwatch.eu/product/at2460-89l/
Good deal.

Too bad Ontario is in Lockdown currently and can't purchase it In-store (non-essential Grocery/Household items) .
😎
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1574 posts
3584 upvotes
Canada
Mysticode wrote: It's not high enough on the male maturity exudation meter for me, gonna have to be a pass from me bro.
Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy LOL, I apologize...need to continue my quest to find good deals on mature male watches
Live a little
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1574 posts
3584 upvotes
Canada
Webhead wrote: Good deal.

Too bad Ontario is in Lockdown currently and can't purchase it In-store (non-essential Grocery/Household items) .
Could always buy online now and price adjust in-store when lockdown measures are lifted Grinning Face With Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Sunglasses
Live a little
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
1962 posts
2910 upvotes
Toronto
Zetayoshi wrote: How hard is it to get an eco drive watch repaired?
Seems interesting, and the marketing material says lasts a lifetime, but after some googling, it seems to have a 10 year lifespan. Seeing mixed results on repairs, after citizen warranty expires.
Have several-oldest is from 2008, still running perfectly
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1758 posts
1357 upvotes
Montreal
Mysticode wrote: It's not high enough on the male maturity exudation meter for me, gonna have to be a pass from me bro.
I feel like a black leather strap would bring it up on the meter. I'm all watched out though.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
Not enough seasoning for me. Seems a too bit dainty. Need a beefy divers watch for my meetings so I can be taken seriously.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1457 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto
Jackji wrote: Could always buy online now and price adjust in-store when lockdown measures are lifted Grinning Face With Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Sunglasses
Don’t think you can prove adjust online purchases in store
JS
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1574 posts
3584 upvotes
Canada
James Stonehenge wrote: Don’t think you can prove adjust online purchases in store
Right on, I never knew they wouldn't do it, my bad @Webhead
Live a little
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1918 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto, ON
With the availability of phones to tell time and the functionality of smart watches, I really do not understand the appeal of those cheap traditional watches anymore.
I understand not everyone can afford a luxury watch. But if you do it for style/work as a mature professional male, at least get a decent mid-range Longines, Rado, TAG, Tudor, etc.
Omega also had decent quartz Seamaster for well under 2k USD.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27158 posts
37134 upvotes
This is better, thank you OP.

I'll put away my 1920s era marketing campaign in favor of a more straightforward endorsement.

Not my speed, but this one is closer to a good fit.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Aug 12, 2014
689 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ericw wrote: With the availability of phones to tell time and the functionality of smart watches, I really do not understand the appeal of those cheap traditional watches anymore.
I understand not everyone can afford a luxury watch. But if you do it for style/work as a mature professional male, at least get a decent mid-range Longines, Rado, TAG, Tudor, etc.
Omega also had decent quartz Seamaster for well under 2k USD.
you can use your phone to tell time but it's more piratical by wearing an ordinary watch.

just a safety and money concern. i wouldn't wear a 2k watch to do sports or to travel.

i just come across a youtube from cbc about cell phone. i might start the habit of not putting my cell in my pant's pocket just in case.

Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1918 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto, ON
wirespeed wrote: you can use your phone to tell time but it's more piratical by wearing an ordinary watch.

just a safety and money concern. i wouldn't wear a 2k watch to do sports or to travel.

i just come across a youtube from cbc about cell phone. i might start the habit of not putting my cell in my pant's pocket just in case.

Then why not get a relatively cheap smartwatch or band that tracks your activities, HR, SpO2 etc?
Radiation is for sure a potential problem but I doubt there is a way to escape from that when there is wifi, Bluetooth, 5G waves everywhere.

I recently thought about gifting my old Tissot T-touch, which I haven't worn for at least a decade, to my young 12-year-old cousin, but then I ended up buying him a Garmin watch instead which is just a lot more practical.
For myself, I used to wear suits and have a few nice watches. But I noticed in recent years more and more people just wear apple watches for functionality; it is totally acceptable and does not feel "cheap" in any way.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7100 upvotes
West GTEH!
Jackji wrote: Could always buy online now and price adjust in-store when lockdown measures are lifted Grinning Face With Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Sunglasses
James Stonehenge wrote: Don’t think you can prove adjust online purchases in store
Jackji wrote: Right on, I never knew they wouldn't do it, my bad @Webhead
No worries.
Didn't know if this was an option or not, buy online and get price adjust in-store.
😎
Deal Fanatic
Feb 20, 2015
5280 posts
4940 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Zetayoshi wrote: How hard is it to get an eco drive watch repaired?
I had a buddy go through this, no battery, but when the capacitor (or whatever actually drives the watch) dies inside, you are left with a bill to fix that's worth more than the watch.

Only Citizen watch I've liked of theirs was the "flight" models. A little busy on the dial but I tried a similar watch at the store and thought it was awesome. I've read bad things about the Eco-Drive system and would rather have Quartz or Automatic, so I passed.